1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Art Ender's Etchings

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by Ender, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Ender

Ender Well-Known Cupcake

Hehe, bluh :p I just needed a portrait for her character sheet, so added some shading stuff to the sketch above.
    Evion and Patrician like this.
  2. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Cupcake

I really like the personality in your drawings.
    Patrician and Ender like this.
  3. Ender

Ender Well-Known Cupcake

Thank you! That means a lot, getting the personality across is one of the most important things to me when I draw characters, so it's really good to hear it's working! :D
  4. Ender

Ender Well-Known Cupcake

A little thank you/silly drawing for the awesome people at Carbine we got to meet this weekend!​
    Inpsired by a conversation with Jen Gordy when I was fooling around with character creation.​
    [​IMG]
    I had such an amazing, inspiring and hilarious time (as you might get the sense of). Carbine is absolutely the best!​
  5. Simokon

Simokon Cupcake-About-Town

You are very talented Ender keep up the good work! :)
    Ender likes this.
  6. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

HAHAHHAHAAHAH!

There are not enough likes to give...
    Ender likes this.
  7. Lumzk

Lumzk New Cupcake

So you guys were talking about a Granok Tom Selleck? :D
    [​IMG]
    Awesome drawings Ender, absolutely love all of them! :up:
  8. Ender

Ender Well-Known Cupcake

Haha, yes, exactly! Those exact words, Granok Tom Selleck was mentioned several times :D I'm really glad you could see who it was supposed to be :D

And thank you! :inlove:
    Brenner, Patrician and Lumzk like this.
  9. Ender

Ender Well-Known Cupcake

What was supposed to just be a tiny, silly livestream as I tried out SAI ended up attracting a bit of a following, so I figured since I'm going to continue it tomorrow, I'd might as well throw in a small advertisement of it here too.

Here's a small preview of what I'm working on:

[​IMG]

My channel is here, and I'll throw in an update when I start tomorrow!
    Dysp, SirRobin, Prometheus and 2 others like this.
  10. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

Looking awesome, Ender! ^_^

About your Granok - I KNEW it was a reference to SOMETHING, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it! Thankfully I read your Twitter and aaaaaaaargh; I can't believe it took me so long to realise! :oops:

Great stuff! :laugh:
    Ender likes this.
  11. Evion

Evion WildStar Haiku Winner 2012

Bwahaha, I do love that Granok PI, his chest "moss" continues to make me giggle. XD Also, thank you for streaming earlier! It was really fun to watch you work! =D
  12. Brenner

Brenner Cupcake-About-Town

Ack I missed your stream? You must do it again Ender!

Also, I cannot stop giggling at the Granok...especially the moss...XD keep up the awesome work!
  13. Ender

Ender Well-Known Cupcake

Livestreaming for a bit this morning: Come and hang out.

Edit: Aand that's it for this time! Shading is sort of getting closer to being done, so tune in later for some hair stuff and possible colors!
  14. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

Love your work. You have an awesome style.
  15. Ender

Ender Well-Known Cupcake

[​IMG]

Spellslinger. It's technically supposed to be Jules, though in a slightly uncharactaristic pose for her. She would probably prefer something a lot more lady like, but after trying out the class this weekend, I just had to do a slightly more action-y pose!

So, Action-Jules!

First time working with SAI too, and I gotta say, I was quite pleased. The line work was SO much easier to do!
    Brenner, Dysp, Evion and 4 others like this.
  16. Flawz

Flawz Cupcake-About-Town

I just want to know how you do the coloring? I can draw too. I just end up using a pencil on paper and colored pencils for coloring and the shading and color you use looks way different.. is it computer program?
  17. Ender

Ender Well-Known Cupcake

Indeed it is! I have mostly been using Photoshop for coloring. I think every digital artist have pretty much their own way of doing it.
    Most of the pieces I've done here have been done by doing a grey-scale in either Photoshop or more recently Paintool SAI, and then adding Gradient Maps in Photoshop. That gives me a pretty nice control over the various colors, and it makes it easy to change them completely. Then I add a bit of more detailed coloring on top of that, to make sure there's things like a bit of blush in the cheek and light reflections and such, and finally, depending on the piece, I play around with some values, also in Photoshop, try out different filters, etc, to get the effect I want.

I used to mostly sketch on paper myself as well, though the past 5 years or so, I do pretty much only digital stuff, unless I'm somewhere with no access to a computer. It's a different medium to work with, but it gives me some tools that I have a hard time missing now, such as layers :)
    Flawz likes this.
  18. Flawz

Flawz Cupcake-About-Town

thank you so much for the reply, Ive been told my art is good, ive dont air brushing couple tattoos and paper art. but always take pics of my art with my phone and load it to puter to show it off. never has the same effect as the ones you have posted.

And I do love your artwork :) Looks great!
    So you actually draw it using your mouse? if so that could be a problem for me lol, I'm a lefty with drawing and im sooo used to mouse with my right hand.

Or do you draw/scan to computer? sorry not trying to dig out secrets, i'm like a curious puppy and would love to be able to post my art without going threw all the crud I go threw to get it on the puter.
  19. Ender

Ender Well-Known Cupcake

You're very welcome! And thank you, I'm glad to hear you like it! I'd love to see what you're doing sometime.

I don't use a mouse, while there are some amazing people out there who can do art like that, I think most of us use some sort of tablet.
    Personally, I'm extremely fortunate to have a Cintiq, which has a display on the actual tablet, plus being super responsive, so it feels very natural to draw that way. Otherwise, it take a bit of training to draw on the tablet and look on the screen, but it's definitely doable with a bit of practice!

If you're interested, I've been livestreaming a bit lately, and I know there's other great artists here such as Evion doing the same. It might be worth trying to watch to get a feel of how digital art can be made :)
  20. Dysp

Dysp Cupcake-About-Town

Awesome. I really like the colors that you used. The mist with a translucent background is also really cool. I find that foreshortening angle to be tough to tackle, nj!