1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Engineer Tanking - A Dirty Word?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Pervysage, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Pervysage

Pervysage New Cupcake

Since playing the engineer i've been dps all the way and loved it, but then i tried my first adventure and it's not a secret I was bad at it..

Does anyone have any decent advice or links to video's ect to show me how to be a better tank?

All i see and hear about is stalker tanks which from what i've seen are pretty good but I live in hope that down the track i'll gain the skills and knowledge to be very effective.
    Wicked Lady likes this.
  2. Felion

Felion Cupcake-About-Town

Do you have trouble with aggro or do you have trouble with survival?

1. Aggro

Are you using pulse blast instead of flak cannon for spamming? If not, use flak cannon (and raise its tier for extra threat). Flak cannon scales from support power though so make sure you have support power instead of assault on your gears/weapon.

Are you using Ricochet on CD to grab aoe aggro? If not, use it and tier it.

Do you use Hyper Wave that is your aoe taunt?

If you still have aggro problem, are you using your bruiserbot's taunt (which is ranged, aoe, and instant) in emergencies to keep those squishy teamates from dying?

If all fails, are you using your innate for extra threat?

If everything and everything else fails, are you putting as much amp points as you can into support power (hits bigger = more threat)?

2. Survival

Are you using Unsteady Miasma as your volatility dump? If not, use it, it makes the mobs deflect ---> Reduces damage on you.

Are you using Shatter Impariment for the absorb every 20 second AND getting out of CC? If not, are you using Recursive Matrix or Disruptive Module? They're not super powerful in terms of keeping yourself alive but they can keep your squishies alive longer AND can come in handy when you're in slight danger.

If all fails, are you using your innate for extra survivalbility?

If everything and everything else fails, are you putting amp points and stacking stats to help yourself survive?
  3. Pervysage

Pervysage New Cupcake

I've found threat was my biggest issue so i'll give that a go. I thought it may of been a case of the dps just jumping the gun but I thank you for the advice it gives me something to try and see if i'm on the right track :)