1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Enough dungeons in wildstar?

Discussion in 'WildStar General' started by Jdielas, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Jdielas

Jdielas New Cupcake

Okay so there is this one thing that has been bothering me about the pve content in wildstar...Is it going to be sufficient(quantity-wise) to keep players interested? Because im thinking that if there arent enough dungeons low-mid level to choose from then it might get pretty boring going through the same 2-3 dungeons from level 17 until cap!
  2. Jdielas

Jdielas New Cupcake

funny...
  3. AcidBaron

AcidBaron "That" Cupcake

Actually there's only going to be two dungeons, well actually one a regular version and a heroic version one.
  4. CRB_J-Tal

CRB_J-Tal Carbine Studios

Yes, we "only" have 4 main Dungeons. But there are also 6 Adventures, which are, in my opinion, even better than dungeons due to their mechanics and multiple paths. So if you combine Dungeons and Adventures into "instance content", then we have new instance content available every 5 levels from 15 to cap.
  5. AcidBaron

AcidBaron "That" Cupcake

Now that you let the cat out of the bag, you know we don't know yet what adventures are right? :)

Also i believe dungeons were suppose to have variation in them regards to boss fights or perhaps that was only reserved for raids, where wings got rotated around.
  6. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

im thinking we havent seen enough to actually make a call on "do we have enough".
  7. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

There's a Frost vine somewhere where you get like 2 seconds of footage before he dives out of the chair and flees from the Dev.
  8. Crazyblade

Crazyblade Cupcake

As this was my concern in another thread, I'm happy to hear about Adventures. That's some of my worries fading a little....
  9. Chrilin

Chrilin Cupcake-About-Town

Here is to hoping for a more challenging / rewarding "instanced content" experience in WildStar.:up:

Sounds like enough to me.... Not to mention the variance of objectives to keep it fresh. If I remember correctly different paths can also open up content as well.
  10. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

and then there's Expeditions on your housing plot! ;) lol
    Kash likes this.
  11. Saybel

Saybel Cupcake

In b4 this thread gets closed due to NDA. Adventures do sound fun but don't break the NDA we don't want other MMOs stealing the content b4 release.
  12. AcidBaron

AcidBaron "That" Cupcake

Not sure if serious or....
    Malorak likes this.
  13. Doomhaus

Doomhaus New Cupcake

I am now waiting on the "Wildstar Devspeak - Adventures" video... Thanks for the info J-Tal, awesome news!
  14. GoatSlayrr

GoatSlayrr Well-Known Cupcake

Would I like to see more instances to run while leveling? Of course. Who doesn't want more stuff to do?

Do I think there isn't enough to do with what's announced? No. But I don't run instances exclusively to level. If instances were all I did, I might be worried, but I like variety, and that's one thing the devs seem to be giving us plenty of.
  15. AnotherJaggens

AnotherJaggens Cupcake-About-Town

So, you have 4 dungeons and other 6 dungeons, which for some reason you avoid to call "dungeons", and use "adventures" term instead. Ah come on, not this <REDACTED> again.
  16. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

ummm...it wouldn't be closed due to NDA - J-Tal is a Carbine Dev.
    D3athcr33ps and Malisent like this.
  17. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

they're similar to dungeons yes, but there's a different concept to them (from what little we've been told about them)
    Malorak and Packetdancer like this.
  18. Crimzen

Crimzen Cupcake

They actually mentioned adventures a while back during PAX East. They just haven't talked a ton about them publicly yet. So we're still waiting for the official reveal.

Here's a link to the video where Mike Donatelli talks a little about adventures though(starts at about 9:35).
    Woofly, Malisent and Kataryna like this.
  19. Gunghoe

Gunghoe Cupcake-About-Town

there will be 5-6 dungeons, and more at cap....

This was in a thread where this discussion arisen, no one seemed to read it.

20. Gronky

Gronky Cupcake-About-Town

As far as it feels that we have enough it's fine. If it has as many as Vanilla WoW had it would be enough for starters. As far ass all the other mechanics of the game works it will be a blast. Screw some basics and it will all blow.
  21. BlindSear

BlindSear Super Cupcake

I think if you get too many dungeons it gets boring, especially when levelling, because many of them feel like other dungeons with different skins. Especially if you can just ignore mechanics of certain bosses. I think the quality is much more important than the quantity. As long as there's enough things you can do within the dungeons to keep them fresh, and Carbine adds new content fast enough, it shouldn't be an issue.
    The other thing is that dungeons look like they're actually gonna be difficult, so hopefully that means you spend a week trying to clear a dungeon on average once you've hit max level. That way good players just go on through to raiding, but average players have something to work on in the meantime while the raiding community develops some.