1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

EQNext Landmark (Video to get you motivated!) Be a trailblazer!

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Konoko, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Konoko

Konoko Cupcake-About-Town

I'm very excited about Landmark. Once I get in and make some things, and at the time I am given permission to, I'll show some videos.

2. Mellkor

Mellkor Well-Known Cupcake

Over this last month my excitement has shifted from WIldstar to EQN, EQNL.

While both games have their place, I think what Sony is doing will lead to a longer cycle of enjoyment and creativity.

Are you going to buy a founders pack?
  3. Voison

Voison Moderator • Foxy Cupcake

Paying for beta and alpha access... No thanks.
    Isgu and Kataryna like this.
  4. Mellkor

That's why i inquired to the OP if he is buying a founders pack.

While i don't believe in 'paying for beta' if the price is right say $20 for beta access then i might consider that. But seeing as there is a free signup for beta in all honesty i would just wait until open beta.

Odds are carbine will try something like this as well, offering early access deals for cash.
  5. Voison

Carbine said they don't believe in paid betas, so I doubt it.
    Kataryna likes this.
  6. Mellkor

What they 'believe in' and what they' have to do' are 2 different things.
    teh_ninjaneer likes this.
  7. nizku

nizku New Cupcake

But this game is f2p or p2p or b2p?
  8. Mellkor

Which game are you referring to EQN.L? Or wildstar?

f2p, p2p respectively.
  9. Konoko

Yes I'll buy the Trailblazer pack.

With it you get:

Founders Pick Axe which I believe never breaks?
    Founder in game title
    Founder Forum Title
    Ring of Bounty (10% resource bonus when gathering)
    Mega Pocket
    Courtier's Regalia
    Tech Sergeant's Gear
    Master Craft Bracer (Gives bonus to crafting *better proc rate on higher quality items*)
    Void Vault
    Nobles Regalia
    Tech Commander's Gear
    4 Shareable closed beta keys (Yes get in line to kiss my booty hah)
    My name in EQNext Landmark Credits
    Early access to beta forum,
    Trailblazer Forum Title
    Trailblazer in game Title
    Alpha Boost (potion that grants 2 weeks of game time 20% resource increase)
    Head Start Open Beta Access

I realize people don't want to pay money for things but the game is free and this is optional but I feel it's worth it.
  10. Konoko

EQNext Landmark is free to play.

Also, the trailblazer pack grants you alpha access. Everyone can sign up for the beta.

There are Closed beta's and open beta's.

I'm not 100% sure but it should go Alpha -> Closed -> Open.

Even if the Trailblazer pack didn't grant me alpha access I'd still buy it for the all stuff that you get with it.
  11. Voison

They don't have to have a paid beta... SoE is doing it because they love money. :down:
  12. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

Here is the EQ Landmark FAQ, for anyone interested.

If I understand correctly, Landmark is a world building tool. Think set pieces. But it does not allow you to create NPCs, PCs, Equipment, or total control over the environment?

For example, though it does have a character creator for your own character, it would not allow you to generate your own art for one. No running around as a half-vampire, half-werewolf, half-mermaid with a skill deficiency in math. Nor could you create an area with altered gravity effects inhabited by the star-spawn of Cthulu that have a chance to drop chainsaws when killed.

I'm interested in knowing what the exact limits are for you what you can create? Are you able to create quests?
  13. Mellkor

Your trying to tell me, That NCSoft doesn't care about maximizing profits even after they shut down CoH?
    teh_ninjaneer likes this.
  14. Konoko

15. Konoko

I've done a lot of research on Landmark and the news is very exciting.. read the following Quote from PCGamer. The people at SOE will be using Landmark to develop code/scripts/artifacts.. etc.. for Next.

Note what is in yellow.

"There's EverQuest Next, and then there's EverQuest Next Landmark—two different MMOs linked by Sony Online Entertainment's unusual development process. Landmark will come first, sometime in early 2014, as a free-to-play MMO focused on exploring and Minecraft-style building, except with tools that go far beyond block stacking. Later on, however, Landmark will grow into the platform for EverQuest Next, and players will get all the tools SOE is using to build its flagship fantasy MMO.
    AI and combat will be introduced to Landmark "as rapidly as possible" after launch, according to Creative Director Jeff Butler. And after that, it will become a much more complex player-generated world.

“We’re GURPS for MMOs!” Director of Development David Georgeson tells PC Gamer, referring to the Generic Universal Roleplaying System which defines rules for tabletop roleplaying in any genre and setting. “I mean really, that’s what Landmark is. You can build any world you can ever dream of, once we finish getting all the tools that we’re using to build EverQuest Next...[the players] can build any world they’ve ever considered, and have other people be able to play through it. So if you want to have a weekly D&D group that gets together and plays adventures, do it! It’s all going to be there, all that power is going to be there, it’s just going to start out looking like building tools.”

We'll have dungeon master tools, we'll be scripting AI—basically, doing everything that might be done to build a fantasy MMO while simultaneously playing it. Regarding combat, however, Landmark currently employs a simpler ruleset than is being designed for EverQuest Next. EQ Next, for instance, will have over 40 classes, while only one has been announced for Landmark, where gear will be the primary determiner of a character's abilities. So not everything going into EQ Next will be in Landmark, but SOE doesn't plan to hold back much on features.
    “We’re not in the process of building Landmark and then moving on to build EverQuest Next,” says Butler. “We are building EverQuest Next with Landmark. We don’t, and will not, have tools on the back end to create NPCs and to tune AI. That’s Landmark. It is the tool that we’re going to use to build EverQuest Next.
    “We are populating the world. We’re developing the dungeons. We’re laying out the city of Qeynos and placing the NPCs and telling the stories through story bricks using the exact same tools that you guys are going to be looking at. We’re not permitting there to be a point of separation between what we work on and what our players are going to have.”
    Tribe likes this.
  16. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

Please keep us posted. I'd like to hear how easy it is to use, how time intensive it is to acquire resources, and anything involving NPC generation/customization.
  17. Konoko

Don't worry I'll keep you informed. EQ Next & Landmark are something I will probably devote a lot of time to.
  18. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

If you'll be making multiple threads on EQN&L, you may want to create a master thread which would contain links to threads on various topics concerning the game.
  19. Konoko

Yes I was considering this. I probably will do that. There is a lot of information out there right on EQNext but I want to focus on EQNext Landmark. EQ Next is probably still 2 years out. EQN Landmark alpha is Feb 28th.
  20. Mellkor

One thread.......to rule them all!
    Eternalfootman and Konoko like this.