1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

EQNext Landmark (Video to get you motivated!) Be a trailblazer!

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Konoko, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Avenged

Avenged Cupcake-About-Town

Yah for sure. L2 was great. Not quite sandboxes, but not quite themeparks either.
  2. Mellkor

Mellkor Well-Known Cupcake

Of course it wants casuals....Casuals are where the moneys at.
    Expect to interact with 1000's of casuals during your time in wildstar, because their goal is Get casuals -> change them to raiders.
    WildFly likes this.
  3. Avenged

Btw for those confused about our rant, it has nothing to do with the EQN video which I did not watch. The thread we were posting in was about how W* does not have the ability to compete with EQN, which was merged into this thread.
    WildFly likes this.
  4. Mellkor

Mellkor Well-Known Cupcake

Pretty well thought out logical comparisons.

Not exactly the intent of the thread but there would probably be some good comparisons between the 2 different housing systems.
  5. RavenWind

RavenWind Well-Known Cupcake

Sorry 'bout that....with the threads merged (all praises to theMods. The Mods can do no wrong:D) I figured this was the next logical direction the discussion would move and thought a simple comparison, without choosing sides, would show how far away we are from a serious discussion. Or indeed, even now, how these two games seem to be apples and oranges.
    WildFly likes this.
  6. WildFly

WildFly Cupcake

7. WildFly

WildFly Cupcake

8. Avenged

This is think may be the part that I think you will run into the most resistance with. I for one could care less about action combat. I think that games will continue to use it, but it is not a natural evolution of the mmo genre. It is a sub-set with an entirely different fan base. I absolutely loved darkfall, but the sandbox style free aim games are not my go to for enjoyment. I played it because of the gigantic world scale pvp, 1000 vs 1000 over player created cities and castles. Tera was fun, but I did not enjoy the tank mechanics of either the Warrior or the Lancer. Jumping around every 5 seconds, or holding down block / combo holding down block / combo was not that entertaining. There will be a huge market for traditional style mmo's for years to come. I think Ravenwind's summary is the most accurate post in this thread.
  9. Voorhees

Voorhees Cupcake

Say what you want. I read every post in that forum and what your OP stated. My statement still stands. Yes, it is my opinion that your first post was pretty much pointless in the section that it was posted in. You posted that a game title that could possibly compete with Wildstar would cause subs to suffer, and that Wildstar/Carbine is screwing up with trying to get errors/bugs/and what not cleaned up instead of releasing sooner.

Not only that, your OP was about EQN Landmark which is, in fact, a glorified Minecraft that is not like Wildstar in one bit. EQN is also going to be F2P and also puts itself in a completely different market also.

To reiterate, I am a fan of EQN Landmark and EQN. I am excited to see it come along and how it plays out. I plan to play both and see how I like it. I am not a Wildstar fanboy, I have played MMO's for over 15 years.
    Posting a thread in a section that is about all things Wildstar and stating that they are making a mistake by trying to make their game high quality and delaying the release is not helpful. Especially when you are talking about it being threatened by a game that is not in alpha and is not even the game itself that would be in possible competition with Wildstar.

This conversation is also not helping anything so I will try to refrain from responding about it. I will possibly post about EQN/EQN LM though.

Thanks
  10. WildFly

WildFly Cupcake

11. RavenWind

RavenWind Well-Known Cupcake

So , WildFy, if I may be blunt, what exactly was the purpose of your OP? It seems you want to tout how wonderful and ground-breaking EQN (in all its flavors) is , while frowning upon (not actually spitting upon just frowning upon) WildStar (abusive telegraphs, not real action combat). I mean these are the WildStar forums. Seems like the EQN forums would've been the place to do that.

I'm just trying to understand where you thought the topic would go...I mean you could discuss the things EQN:L and EQN plan to do without comparing them to WildStar, as per Konko's original topic.
  12. WildFly

WildFly Cupcake

As I said in my last post.. the thread was about the timing of WildStar's release. I feel they waited too long and it could really hurt them. I wanted feedback on that.
  13. WildFly

WildFly Cupcake

14. Eternalfootman

Eternalfootman Cupcake-About-Town

lol so I'm just gonna go off the original post and say I'll probably get that midrange pack for EQN:L . Alplha and beta access sounds fun, and I like building worlds. On the discussion so far, hmm idk as stated before both EQN and W* are two different games. At the moment I'm really hyped for Wildstar's world and combat and I'm pleasantly optimistic for EQN's class and AI design. I think they will both be good and interesting experiences.
    WildFly likes this.