1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Esper - Oh noes =(

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Cynosure, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Cynosure

Cynosure Cupcake

I do understand that and am holding it close.

I'll be rolling an Esper at launch, for sure, and it will be my main unless it is revealed that they get too mageish in the later levels and the medic shines through with more of what I was looking for in a class.

I see around that they are often getting labeled as the "glass cannon"; I am on par with being glass, but I see the descriptor "a cannon made of glass" as being better suited for the Spellslinger whereas the Esper is better depicted as the reflection in the glass.

I'm not here to cry about the class, say that I hate it, threaten not to play the game, and bash the developers.

I was hoping,however, that more people were on the same page as I!
    Extatica likes this.
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Isn't that beautifull? Everyone thinks differently...I expected something like this from the beginning, but that aint saying I like it.

Esper is my 4th choice, only because I NEVER EVER roll a warrior and don't like stealth classes.

The only thing I like from the espers are those ''golden dreams'' they look FABULOUS!
  3. Enkidu

Enkidu Cupcake-About-Town

Personally I think they should allow an esper to change the color of their projections or whatever they call them.
    Oh yeah Esper Lantern Core!
    Cynosure likes this.
  4. Ianpact

Ianpact Cupcake-About-Town

Awww, should have told him about the warrior. The "Death Grip" they have is even better than the deathknight's as you can pull multiple targets. Their arm blaster allows for some ranged aoe like Death&Decay and Frost Blast. And, and....they wear heavy armor. They can also dye their clothing black. See, warriors are totally deathknights like those in WoW. :p
  5. Necro

Necro New Cupcake

really wish people would stop comparing classes to other mmos ;\
  6. Dongabhana

Dongabhana New Cupcake

amazing that you can say this without having tried the class yourself.
  7. WavE

WavE Cupcake-About-Town

shhh, let her dream...
  8. Agneos

Agneos Cupcake

All I can say is: If you haven't tried the class for yourself yet, don't judge it. You might end up being pleasantly surprised as to what the Esper actually can do.
    Cynosure likes this.
  9. Draxus

Draxus Cupcake

Cynosure and eharper256 like this.
  10. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Be carefull posting such thing in a thread like this.

Don't forget that ''reading'' on spells is not the same as ''feeling'' the spells in-game. Also the lack of the AMP system gives off again an incomplete picture.

So next time you link this site, please give a warning that it does not contain the AMP system and is subject to change if things in the Beta change.

It wouldn't be the first time I see newbies get here following a link and instantly thinking that's all there is to it :D
    Cynosure likes this.
  11. Draxus

Draxus Cupcake

AMPs are WIP so .. we can't have it all :)

Thanks for advice!
  12. eharper256

eharper256 Cupcake-About-Town

Even though its early beta stuffs, I'm thanking you for this. I'm a spreadsheet/planning/build lover and the ability to think about all the abilities early is a great boon to me.
  13. Bastille

Bastille Cupcake

Dungeons and Dragons didn't have graphics. It was board pieces and some plastic models. This is basically that game, except pretty, evolved, and with notably less physical dice rolling and virginity. It's the gameplay and story that immerse someone... feeling like you're fighting a giant dragon just as much as watching your character fight one. I've seen a lot of games boasting great graphics fail miserably.

The OP has a solid point and I could care less about what the spell looks like if it's unique and I enjoy casting it. YMMV.
    Cynosure likes this.
  14. WavE

WavE Cupcake-About-Town

maybe your D&D didn't have graphics, but mine sure as hell did. Remember Rengar the warrior? or Lidda the rogue? Did you just picture an image of them inside your head? That's a graphic.

The OP does not know what he/she is talking about, and neither do you apparently =/
  15. coreymj78

coreymj78 Cupcake-About-Town

Yeah but what if the Esper is just making you think you are seeing magic swords and giant birds? Wouldn't it then be a "mental, illusionist" type class? (see what I did there)
  16. Cynosure

Cynosure Cupcake

That sounds like a last minute cop-out, to me.

If that were supposed to be the case, wouldn't the Espers in question see spells for what it really were rather than the counter-part perceived by their enemy?
  17. coreymj78

coreymj78 Cupcake-About-Town

*Scratches head*
  18. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Mayby they make those illusion reality?

Like how in ''sci-fy'' things they can make those holographs ''solid''. Mayby the Espers are doing the same...

That explains everything! :D
  19. Quietus

Quietus Cupcake

Personally I'm a bit annoyed at how more and more games portray telekinesis as the ability to manifest sharp and pointy things made of psychic energy. To me telekinesis is more akin to hurling stuff from the environment at the enemy, like you can actually do with the Telekinesis power in Champions Online (you can go totally Oprah on villains in parking lots - "You get a car! And you get a car!") or like the Consular does in SWTOR. Hell, why not grab the <REDACTED> and slam him into the nearest hard surface. Instead we get this Psylocke/Green Lantern <REDACTED>.
  20. Benzecry

Benzecry Cupcake-About-Town

It could be purely for gameplay benefit. In WoW the "light" works completely different in lore than to gameplay. If you were to press and button and the enemy got hurt or ally were healed, and all you saw was that they might have purple glow to their heads and they acted funny...wouldn't be as awesome. To me at least, I like seeing the death knives stabbing someone's mental stability..even if it doesn't make sense.

Either that or you could imply since they are affecting the mind maybe they link somewhat to the mind of their victims and allies to really enforce the powers. Thus kind of giving the esper the visions of what the target sees.