1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Esper or Spellsinger for burst or sustained dps?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Tybald, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Tybald

Tybald New Cupcake

I've watched all the live streams and various videos (btw very well done) and have a couple questions about the ranged dps classes:

1) Looking at the telegraphs it seems like Esper is probably easier to hit with, lots of the Spellsingers seem to be fairly narrow rectangles that go to long range (30-40m) while the Esper appear to be wider shapes optimized for the 20-30m range - hitting more often seems likely to boost dps

2)All the game play video I've seen has been about the dd or heals but not too much about the role of any pet-type spells. Are these significant contributors to the performance of either class or just graphics accompanying spell effects?

3)It seems like Spellsinger has some longer range and longer cast-time abilities that limit mobility more than the Esper - are these significantly more damaging? None of the abilities used in the videos appear to have done more than 20-30% damage to trash mobs in open world
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

3. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Taking a look at the character simulator located at: http://ws-base.com/ might be helpful too.

Granted not all the exact information is known about the abilities of the classes. Especially specific amounts of damage, but it does list them all and their ranges.
  4. Tybald

Tybald New Cupcake

Oh I am sure that the classes will be tuned, balanced, and tweaked on a pretty regular basis - which is why my question wasn't so much about specific abilities as also wondering if the relative ease with which you hit your target was different enough between the two classes to have a noticeable impact on gameplay?

Is it easier to hit with the Esper than the Spellsinger?
  5. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

All depends on which abilities you put on your LAS bar, if you have some with huge telegraphs then i'm sure it's easy to hit someone. But then again if you have some with smaller telegraphs but more damage IF you hit with it......

You just have to look for yourself how the telegraphs in-game are.