1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Esper Vs SpellSlinger ( Heals )

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Ashiktara, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Ashiktara

Ashiktara Cupcake

I am sure no one has any real facts but I was wondering if anyone had any idea how they would be balanced. On Dom side only the Casspian can be Esper however just about Everyone can be a SpellSlinger.

I really want to play an Esper however I am torn between faction... I just want a tail... If we go Dom I will end up tanking because I am afraid the spellslinger will be a gimp back up healer/dps hybrid...

Any input?
  2. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

I expect the 4th unrevealed Dominion race will have the option to be an esper.
    As for the spellslinger currently that class is limited to the Cassians and the Draken on the Dominion side.
    Furthermore I believe the spellslinger will be able to specialize in healing. Again this just just an assumption but I think if you want to be healing spec you would more points into wisdom than in dexterity. Also put healing skills on your skill bar.
  3. moneda

moneda Cupcake-About-Town

Every class in this game is a hybrid. That's how they were designed. They may play differently but neither will be a better healer than the other. Warrior tanks will be equal to Stalker tanks, all the DPS specs will DPS equally and all the healer classes will heal equally efficient... bugs notwithstanding. :p
    Eiderescole likes this.
  4. Ashiktara

Ashiktara Cupcake

Lol well i know to spec as a healer and use healing spells. i just know that from some games ive played in the past such as Rift. Clerics made way better healers for just about everything but then suddenly it flipped and now clerics are sub par. they are the 2 healing classes ( aside form support classes ) Just because it should be balanced doesnt mean it will be. Anyways I am hopeful they will be balanced. I will most likely go with a spellslinger because I tend to like bows/guns type class. Also this way I can play either faction and still have a tail ;) haha
  5. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

I referred the skills because the game had a limited action bar not a here are all the skills lets clutter the screen type of game.

My hope is that they will be balanced and they healing of both classes will be different. IE they will not be interchangeable.
    aiuradun and Fate Flyer like this.
  6. Aheadache

Aheadache Well-Known Cupcake

This Healing thread might help you some. I was so excited about healing I got burned out on wanting to be a healer. I wanted to wait on the last two class reveals before I decided but was leaning toward an Esper thinking they would be the "main" healer. Now I am not sure what role I want to play :( but still waiting on the last two classes. Check out that thread though!
  7. InnocentCivilian

InnocentCivilian "That" Cupcake

I'm pretty sure that all classes that have a healing spec will heal equally well. At least, that seems to be Carbine's goal.

See, Carbine likes the Holy Trinity (Healer, DPS, Tank), but knows that sometimes it can take groups a long time to form. One of their solutions was to have multiple classes be able to heal, so that that person can swap into the Healer role instead of needing to wait for a specific class to join the party.

If non-Espers didn't heal very well, this philosophy wouldn't be viable. :p
  8. Ashiktara

Ashiktara Cupcake

this is true and I'm looking forward to seeing how it all works out. I still might end up being a tank in the end though with me go Dom ha. But either way im happy.. I know balance might not be beautiful in the beginning too!.

Anyone know if there will be a dual spec kind of thing? i know there is a talent tree and if u level to be a healer your not gonna be a very good dps >.> that's the only setback to being a healer or a tank, a lot of times solo play is slow and punishing.
  9. Echo

Echo Cupcake

Watch Carbine kill that with a class reveal of a hunter/ranger class
  10. Liris

Liris Cupcake-About-Town

I feel sure that I read they are planning for dual specs, but I can't recall where I read that now.
  11. Ashiktara

Ashiktara Cupcake

awesome i hope so. stinks being a healer and solo daily quests or leveling alone x_x
  12. Embermouth

Embermouth Cupcake

I wonder if spell slingers will heal by actually shooting friendlies like I have seen few other games. Which I think is really cool and can also keep non tab targeting type play.
    Patrician likes this.
  13. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

I'm actually hoping for exactly this, because there is nothing quite like having a justifiable excuse to shoot your friends. ^^
  14. Bellaby

Bellaby Well-Known Cupcake

I enjoyed doing that in SWTOR as a Bounty Hunter :p
    Críostóir likes this.
  15. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

I hope we get passive options as well. For example, we know Spellslingers get an ability to teleport and if they do it through someone, that mob/player is dazed.

I'm hoping for the option to say, choose to slot a heal into that ability instead of a daze. Sure you miss out in the CC, but it's a trade off. You now have a way to heal multiple friend in a line as you escape of get out of harm's way.

Little things like that would make me a happy healer.
  16. Cowboy

Cowboy Cupcake-About-Town

Well, I'm not sure if the same move will have a different effect when you spec heal or if it will be a whole new move. But, this kind of says what you're talking about Patrician.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/1a88i2/we_are_the_combat_and_pvp_teams_working_on/c8uyyic
    spencerBAXLEY likes this.
  17. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

18. Cowboy

Yeah, I think that would be awesome. However, I don't know if that would work for someone that wants to make a hybrid build for solo pve or something. Unless... it wasn't a passive. Skills had 2 ways they worked (like mentioned above) but the player was able to choose which way they wanted the skill to react. It could be switched, much like switching specs, in areas that allowed a player to do so. Probably what you were talking about Pat. ;) Either way, I think that would be an awesome feature.
    Patrician likes this.
  19. Zigzak

Zigzak New Cupcake

There are also another thing you have to look at when making a healer. The two specs you can chose. DPS & Healer.

For Spellslinger you can chose between ranged DPS with dex, or Healing with wisdom (magic).
    For Esper you can chose between ranged magic DPS, or Healing with wisdom which is magic too. You can mix these two specs together accidently.

So if you ask me Spellslinger is the class that looks most different.

Esper reminds me of shamans from WoW. The DPS spec elemental and Healing spec restoration.
  20. Cowboy

Unless a STR/WIS melee tank is coming too :geek: