1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Eugenic Weekly Interview

Discussion in 'Guilds, Circles and Warparties General' started by Noge, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Noge

Noge New Cupcake

For the purpose of giving our players the opportunity to introduce themselves to the community and giving carbine feedback and suggestions personally, we will be issuing a weekly interview series where members of Eugenic are asked questions specific to them and Wildstar.

Here is the first issue where I personally interview a very unique member of our roster, enjoy!
    http://eugenic-guild.eu/8-news/50-weekly-interview-1-zazey

Please use either this thread or our own forums to provide feedback, suggestions, or even ask more questions. I'm sure the members in questions will be happy to answer any further questions you might have.
    Veckna likes this.
  2. Discofinger

Discofinger New Cupcake

Totally self-serving and as dull as dishwater. The reddit AMA at least made me lol.

2/10
  3. zazey

zazey New Cupcake

Oh the 4-chan guys back! LOVE U BUD!
    On a side note, I don't think you understand what self-serving means. Considering you clicked on the link explaining what you were about to read, after clicking on a link telling you what you are going to be directed to. But I guess you have no common sense.
  4. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

And here i am again :D

I always love to read these kind of things. I do however was kept with 1 question.
    In the beginning you say:
    But to be honest, except from the fact no1 of you guys have played with him yet i didn't saw any other things that made him so unique, or was that the reason?

When i first read it i was like: Oh mayby he has done something or one of your officers ;) But couldn't find it, or did i just read over it?

Also small note: Recheck for typo's

But as i said i always like these kind of things, so keep them comming. I'm especially looking forward to Veckna, for he, is in my opinion, your most well known members around the WSC ake he's been the most active in here. (<-- this is also a slight hint to who i want to see next :p)
    Veckna likes this.
  5. zazey

zazey New Cupcake

The unique part was that I am an american playing for an EU guild. Yes typos getting fixed now, and we'll push for Veckna!
    Extatica likes this.
  6. Noge

Noge New Cupcake

Thanks for the feedback, we'll start working on it.
  7. Vexed

Vexed Cupcake-About-Town

Don't do another one if you can help it. It's a cool concept but at the moment you just can't pull it off. Don't want to come and prematurely piss on your parade but at the moment everything you are saying is just hot air.

I want to see you guys do well considering I know a guy in the guild that I used to play with and co-lead a guild with. I myself come from a top WoW guild so I know how important it is to make yourself look good and to sell to players like myself. Please don't make yourselves look like fools, this did make me cringe a little bit, not going to lie.
    Rundo likes this.
  8. Veckna

Veckna Well-Known Cupcake

He's unique because he's turned crumpets into a weapon system, among other things which we can't go into on a family site :oops:
    I think it was more he was a 'happy tin' (A merry can :whistling:) coming to raid in EU that made him unique in our minds. I've seen a lot of EU players raid with American guilds (done so myself in the past) but not so much the other way around. Maybe I'm just old and easily entertained by trivial things :(
    Edit: Zazey already said that didn't he, apparently I'm going blind as well as senile.

Careful what you wish for (you must have something against Noge wishing that ordeal on him :laugh:).
    Not as active on WSC recently though - on Jury service (pulled a complicated trial - yay for my luck) and moving house + been having fun doing lots of theory crafting with other stat nuts in Eugenic.
    I'm also probably the least remarkable member of the guild in terms of stuff done in well known MMO's so given the reception our recent attempts to stir up discussion/interest have had I'd probably be boring folks to tears ;)

Cheers for the vote of confidence though, have a virtual /huggle :inlove:

Must find excuse to use ninja smiley...back in hiding I go! :ninja: (success!)
    Ceodoc likes this.
  9. zazey

zazey New Cupcake

I get what you are trying to say, but at the same time "Hot air" technically refers to having Zero Backing whatsoever. Whereas the majority of our players have played with, on video and reputable websites, top world guilds in their respected games. However I do respect your criticism. Let me try to explain how I personally look at the interviews.

We aren't doing this to show off to the community. We do this so that we can introduce ourselves to top end players that may be questioning our background in other games. We use questions that first introduce our players, then use questions that introduce their merit.
  10. Raive

Raive New Cupcake

So this is what Noge does in his freetime...
  11. Vexed

Vexed Cupcake-About-Town

I understand what you are saying and I appreciate the message that you want to get across to top end players. However, Wildstar is a totally different type of game and right now the only credibility that high end players have as being good is experience, in not playing the game but in the culture of a hardcore raiding guild. I can appreciate how different things are in a high end guild considering I played in a top 20 25m guild in WoW but even in WoW people aren't interested in interviews anymore unless they are a big community hit.

Go down the route of manaflask and post blogs about your thoughts on the game and compare to your past experiences rather than giving a run down of guild history trying to flex that epeen. I mean, I like to flex my epeen but I don't think this is the right style nor time to do it.
  12. AcidBaron

AcidBaron "That" Cupcake

Everyone i haven't played with regardless who vouches for them for me starts at position zero.
    You are bad until proven otherwise, i honestly don't care for past achievements, it's not because i used to be good that i or anyone else is guaranteed to be a good player in the future. Sure i have a good track record and so does most but personally that's just your entry card into a good guild and doesn't say anything else.

Had players before with an excellent application only to see a rather average, highly distracted player when they were actually raiding with us.

So yes we are all full of hot air until the guild actually gets present day kills in this upcoming game.

Americans are always good fun to have around i used to had a guy going absolutely ape<REDACTED> in PvP, when he was losing he was going crazy, when he was winning you had random loud shouts, what generally ment people got unfocussed and we still lost at times, good fun regardless.
  13. UNDERZZZZZ

UNDERZZZZZ Cupcake-About-Town

I think something like this information would be kind of cool if it was embedded onto your good roster page on each individuals blog/page/section. I think it would come across a bit better then. Or even just personal blogs if you want some individual flare. The interview style just seems odd for what I think this is supposed to do.
  14. Noge

Noge New Cupcake

I guess we could implement to option for our players to write a small bit about themselves under the roster section. I'm guessing that's kinda what you are suggesting?
  15. UNDERZZZZZ

UNDERZZZZZ Cupcake-About-Town

Yeah I think that would be better. If you wanted to expand because of space limitations you could have a blog that allows for more detail. Then endorse that through this thread, on here. I don't like the interview style that much myself really, that's just me though! The blog allows for some discussion if the play wants to then too, rather than just a delve into individuals history.

But definitely some player history/information on the roster. I love that sort of stuff personally
  16. Primalthirst

Primalthirst Cupcake

Interview Byona already
  17. Raive

Raive New Cupcake

No one can handle the Byona interview, lets be real.