1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

[Everquest Landmark] Beta Date & Details (11/11)

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Voison, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Voison

Voison Moderator • Foxy Cupcake

Article: http://www.eqhammer.com/news/landmark-beta-dates-and-founders-program-announced

EQN Landmark Founder's Pack Overview:

2. Azzurri

Azzurri Podcaster

I'm not to found of these 'packs', but the $19 one isn't too bad, but at least you get beta access.
  3. Voison

Yeah I'm thinking of just buying the $20 one.
    Not super excited for EQN, but this is something to do till Wildstar. :p
  4. Azzurri

Azzurri Podcaster

WildStar and EQN are my two MMO's I hope to play for a long time.
  5. Nicodemus

Nicodemus Well-Known Cupcake

so is this just for Landmark or is this for Next also? I really haven't been paying attention to EQ. does landmark turn into Next when Next Launches?
  6. Voison

I think its just Next, I could be wrong though.
  7. Azzurri

Azzurri Podcaster

It's for landmark, not Next. Landmark is the 'minecraft' part of the game. EQN is the actual MMO with combat and all your basic MMO gameplay.
  8. Leiloni

Leiloni Cupcake-About-Town

I'm not sure who I'm more disappointed with - SOE for pulling this kind of BS payment model, or the fans who are actually excited about it. I was excited for Landmark and EQ:N but if they're doing this than I'm out. It feels like a PWE game, or what they did with Dragon's Prophet and other games.

And can we talk about how this was supposed to be coming out right about now? But suddenly it's pushed back to next year with no mention of the fact that they delayed it?
    Zinn and Cull like this.
  9. Azzurri

Azzurri Podcaster

Yea, I'm not a fan of F2P games. I would have liked it if it was P2P, but heaven forbid that and all the crying people would do. At least use GW2 model. I feel SOE is going to nickle and dime the hell out of this game.
    Leiloni likes this.
  10. AcidBaron

AcidBaron "That" Cupcake

This is just for landmark, i'm surprised more by people who are surprised that SOE wasn't going to nickle and dime this.

Have some of you learned nothing of how this corporation functions during the years? You thought it was going F2P without any hidden costs?:)
  11. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Well-Known Cupcake

Oh, they are definitely going to nickel and dime the hell out of EQN. They make a killing on all of the <REDACTED> in EQ1 and EQ2 currently.

Also, for anyone that doesn't know... If you build some really epic stuff in EQN Landmark, SOE wants to add the best of the best into the EQN environment.
  12. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Might explore the game further, but knowing that specific details on beta are now out I might pay attention to it. However, I'm not as interested in Landmark as I am EQN. I'm not overly excited.

Those complaining about companies nickel and diming people need to get over it. You're the consumer; you decide what is worth your money, not the company. If it's worth it, you'll buy it. If not, forget about it because obviously it's not worth it, literally.
  13. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Well-Known Cupcake

I am interested in both EQN and Landmark but given SOE's track record I will most likely avoid their games. Their payment model and pay-to-win aspects are what has drawn me a lot closer to WildStar as well.

If anything, I will play around with Landmark since it is like Minecraft but a million times better because it doesn't look like it was made in 1983.
  14. Zinn

Zinn Cupcake-About-Town

Seeing what SOE is doing with their pay to play Alpha/Beta makes me so glad I am a fan of WS and Carbine rather than EQL and EQN. Carbine is open and honest with us and communicates so well with its player base. Carbine and has said they would never do a pay for beta deal. Paying for beta access to EQL sends a strong message to me that SOE thinks their game is not worth playing or ready to play. I trust Carbine. I don't trust SOE. This announcement just makes me doubt EQL and and EQN even more.

No offense meant to EQL supporters. I really do hope it turns out to be a good game.
    Voison and Jabberwocky like this.
  15. Voison

Basically how I felt after reading the article & seeing people giving SoE $100 in the first 5 minutes after the announcement:
    [​IMG]
  16. Screenager

Screenager Cupcake-About-Town

yup which is a shame because it looks lovely and Im sure the team behind it are going to produce what would be an otherwise fantastic product but I'm not even engaging this now. One of my community members has just asked if we were looking into landmark and eq next ... suffice to say having skimmed the press on this I have their answer now.

Too bad
  17. sidhia

sidhia Cupcake

Agree. Non subscription games never measure up to subscription based games. I thought about trying this game but the pay model really puts me off. I know WoW has a cash shop but Wow's cash shop is just a few very minor items out of thousands. If Wildstar has a similar cash shop i will be a happy to give them some extra cash every once in a while.

The GW2 Model really put me off. I liked the game but the cash shop items were too invasive for me. Bonus loot, every pet in the game, every dye in the game, bonus gear, keys for extra chests, bonus exp, even bank inventory space. They really did not exercise any restraint at all. My experience has been that the F2P or "buy the box" games end up being more expensive than a sub for a less than sub based game quality.

Also, not knowing anything about this game I went to their website and left just as confused as i arrived. Not good. Reminds me of the FFXIV site that, this is actually true and may still be, completely failed to mention the sub classes that your classes turned into in the individual class info pages. That was funny. So far in my experience a bad website = a bad game.

The Wildstar website is amazing!
  18. Azzurri

Azzurri Podcaster

I feel that when a game offers 'packs' that the devs feel like it might not live up to what they promised; therefore, they need your money now!
  19. Thesoundsofsophistry

Thesoundsofsophistry New Cupcake

There used to be a time when selling unfinished games was frowned upon.

Selling alpha games is quite frankly scum of the earth sleaziness.
  20. Catdurid

Catdurid Cupcake

Paying for early beta access. Its pretty standard now. Most f2p games do it. As for recent mmos GW2, and TERA did it. Even Steam keeps having games on sale for early access.

Pre-ordering a game before its finished really sucks. Look what happened with Total War Rome 2. :mad: