1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

[Everquest Landmark] Beta Date & Details (11/11)

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Voison, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Victoria_

Victoria_ New Cupcake

I have to admit I am disappointed with this turn of events.

Listening to these guys speak at Gamescom there was so much passion and enthusiasm that I was really excited to see what they developed. Now that has been dramatically tarnished, for me at least. Asking people to pay for something they know so little about seems underhand. There are still massive gaps in the information available. It is as if they feel they need to capitalise on the hype because once people know more about the game they are not going to give the same level of investment. Though, I hope that is not the case.

They are also missing the Winter launch date as well if Closed Beta is going to be in March. Why has that not been mentioned or explained? Even if it is a simple “We have got carried away and want to bring you more with launch so we are moving it back to Spring/Summer 2014, sorry guys.” Just talking about it makes the whole thing seem less cloak and dagger.

Currently this just looks like “Please pay us a large amount of money so you can test and develop our game to a point where we can then use you to make the art assets for the next game.” While people still pay for things like this companies will still do it, so I am not surprised, but I am disappointed. Not just with SOE but also disappointed that so many consumers do themselves such injustice and happily jump for anything a developer will give them without question.

That and the dates look like they might be getting close to the Wildstar launch and I do not want be distracted for that!
  2. Dirty Outlaw

Dirty Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

idk what ever happen to buying the game when it was released call me old but buying early access just to see bugs and complain about them and basically be a free beta tester (actually worse you paid money to be a beta tester) just seems well dumb.

You pay SOE money for some toys and early access to a alpha game, I can only see get worse from here and people wonder why I prefer the sub model.
  3. Konoko

Konoko Cupcake-About-Town

I've already purchased the Trail blazer pack. I think EQNext and EQNext Landmark are ground breaking games that have the best chance to really be something innovative and fresh. I'm very excited to play EQNext Landmark.

Furthermore...

I have no problem with this model.

I think what people are forgetting is that EverQuest Next Landmark is a FREE game.

You don't have to pay anything. They are giving you a fantastic game with amazing tools and the ability to even earn real world $ if you are so inclined to put some work into it.

I for one am ecstatic. I can't wait to get in there and make the ancestral home of Konoko.