1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

LFG Experienced player looking for Organised EU Raiding guild (PvE)

Discussion in 'Personal Introductions' started by Veckna, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Veckna

Veckna Well-Known Cupcake

Aloha folks, cheers in advance for taking time out to read this (or just poke fun at us old folks).

What I am looking for:
    • An organised raiding guild on an EU PvE server. I enjoy group PvP as well so am all for warplots/battlegrounds etc as secondary to raiding but prefer to avoid the griefing/hassle of PvP ruleset servers.
    • An established core of players (at the very least). Brand new guilds are too much of a risk stability-wise/quality-wise to be worth investing time in for me personally (but I wish them the best of luck).
    • A professional approach to raiding. Planned schedule, punctuality from members, minimal time wasting, members who make themselves aware of any guild tactics/info prior to the raid.
    • Team focused players (Guild>me philosophy). Players respecting the guild tag would also fit in here ie not being dicks in public while part of the guild (it's embarrassing for the rest of us).
    • Honesty over mistakes. Mistakes will happen, as long as people are honest about them it's fine. Being dishonest or not owning up to mistakes only harms progress - you can't fix it when you don't know what's broken.
    • Ability to give and take criticism + a mature sense of humour. A 'family friendly' guild that objects to swearing on comms/guild chat is probably not for me, especially when I mix PvP and beer :oops:. I am used to giving/receiving blunt criticism as it saves time (blunt does not mean abusive).
    Mixed hardcore/casual guilds are fine with me so long as there are separate raids (at least during progression). I have no problems helping others with a less focused mindset when it comes to raiding, I just enjoy a more professional approach during progression (I've raided on alts to help out when my main was locked + it's fun and helps improve my play by understanding another class better).

What I can offer:
    • Experience of high end raiding. World top 40 during TBC in WoW (Precedent guild, Nordrassil server). Server first guilds/all content cleared in multiple MMO's. All small group content cleared in MMO's where I didn't focus on raiding.
    • Loyalty. I have only ever left one guild (excluding disbands/quitting games) - my very first raid guild 'back in the day' due to constant qq over loot during raids (moved to server first guild who I PvP'd with at the time). I'm pretty careful over guild choices since then and it's served me well.
    • Team player. I enjoy being a productive part of a team and the team/guild will always come first. When the team wins, I win. I value my team's time as much as my own and as such always try to be prepared in advance.
    • Flexibility. Ties in with above but I am generally happy in any role. I'm also the type who likes to level alts to cover all tradeskills + help me understand various class mechanics better as it improves how I play in raids.
    • Sense of humour/Thick skinned. I enjoy a laugh and it's almost impossible to offend me (via criticism or jokes).
    • Discipline. While I enjoy messing around on farm raids/easy content, like everything there is a time and a place for it. Progression raids where we need to focus or any time a raid leader needs to give instructions/we need comms clear I can actually shut up and be serious (pauses while his mates all fake having heart attacks) :p
    • Dedication. I like to see things through and realise this can often take the form of repetition while slowly refining things in order to eventually succeed (TLDR: Not afraid of wipe nights).
    • Senility. I forget what I was going to write here...
    I'm 38 years old, male (except on Fridays!) and coming from the North East UK I'm used to jokes about sheep at my expense (trust me, it's better than the alternative jokes for my region :p).

Think that should be enough to bore anyone to tears, thanks again for reading and if needed I can provide more specific information on anything that needs clarification.
  2. Heapsgood

Heapsgood Cupcake

Hey Veckna,

good luck with your search mate!! May the sheep be with you :)
    Veckna likes this.
  3. Veckna

Cheers - gl with the new guild too mate.
    Heaspgood likes this.
  4. sendlor

sendlor Cupcake-About-Town

Good luck in searching for a guild and also if you are interested in joining an Exile guild you should try out Serenity :D click on my signature below :)
  5. Veckna

Thanks. I had a quick look over the site etc and your thread here - you seem to have a very nice setup from organisational/activity point of view but it looks like you're not going to decide on the guild focus until after beta so I'd rather wait and ensure I fit in with a guild's vision/goals before committing. I'll keep an eye on the site in case I'm still looking at the time you take the plunge on guild direction etc.
  6. Wreck

Wreck Cupcake-About-Town

7. sendlor

sendlor Cupcake-About-Town

So to clarify our guild focus we are going for PVE but at the same time also for PVP we are going to do raid but also questing. There will be a schedule for everything :). Also we recently decided going on PVE servers instead of PVP :p.
    But you should probably talk to Shady (the leader) or one of the officers of our guild :)
  8. Beetle

Beetle Special Cupcake

Best of luck in your guild search Veckna!
  9. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

Welcome! Sit back, relax, and enjoy your stay.

Good luck with the guild search.
  10. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Good luck with the search! :)
  11. Veckna

I already spoke to you guys before this mate (I spammed your shoutbox with the "two goldfish in a tank" joke). Unfortunately (for me) you're rolling on a PvP server otherwise I would have loved to have joined in the fun there.

Thanks to everyone else for the warm wishes.
  12. Veckna

My mistake for not being clearer - I meant I wanted to see what type of raiding you were doing ie would you be focusing on the progression side of raiding (in which case there tends to be a more 'professional' approach to raids) or simply having raids as a part of everything (like you describe, which tends to be more of a relaxed affair simply due to the range of people involved not being specifically focused on/familiar with raid content).

That sounds bad no matter how I word it. I enjoy both focused and more relaxed raids (I wouldn't join/organise raids on my alts with pickups otherwise) I just miss the more focused approach to raiding I've had in the past and want to return to that, hence me wanting a raiding focus as part of my criteria.

I don't really want to annoy Shady as he's posted in Siega's thread ("Steps from pre-beta") where guild focus was discussed on your forums and I haven't seen any update. If I just start hassling people when the info is right there I'll appear pushy and there's no need (or rush for that matter).

Hope that's explained it a bit better than my previous post. (Was going to edit this into the post above but wasn't sure if you'd get the alert).
  13. Riamu

Riamu Cupcake

Good luck with your guild search mate, I'm sure you'll find a guild with ease.
  14. Ceodoc

Ceodoc Cupcake-About-Town

Rimes.
    Sig.
    Kek.
    What is he up to, DeluXe sounded perfect.

Good luck Veckna
    Doc
  15. Veckna

Bisqquit said he was no longer going ahead with the guild (there's a post on the forums about it) so thought I'd start looking again, and thanks.
    Cheers Riamu - gl for you too mate.
  16. Riamu

Riamu Cupcake

Aye it did mate, had all the right idea's to build a solid guild. Though I don't think Bisqquit wanted to put in all the admin work that comes along with a guild.

And well with non of us even playing beta it could end up giving us all different idea's.
  17. Bisqquit

Bisqquit "That" Cupcake

Yeah, running a guild is for a younger man these days. Last time I was in charge was more out of necessity. Done quite well but what a hassle! Would much rather join a solid guild than juggle sheep. Definitely gonna hold off till release as most of the decent guilds won't switch over till then.

Either way, I'm sure we'll all find some good homes. Maybe even the same one, though I'm more or less sold on a PvP server atm.
  18. Veckna

Aye no worries mate - I replied on the Delux forums after you'd posted. Wouldn't want to do that myself either - too much like what I used to do for a living lol.
    Prepared (PvP server) and CKN (US timezone) looked good but weren't valid choices for me, there's also Team Legacy who had some awesome + friendly folks in GW2 (guessing they'll be on a PvP server too :D) if that helps any.
  19. Veckna

Still looking - too many good guilds going the PvP server route :eek:

Also this thread got moved to introductions along with a few other 'looking for guild' threads a while ago - noticed there's a load of these in the recruitment section again - any chance we can have them all in one place so people looking for such threads don't miss any?
    /hugs a mod.
  20. Sera Serenity

Sera Serenity Cupcake-About-Town

Mahhawwww ..... *"pauses" for special effect*... I knew if I searched hard enough I could find the failings of the Dominion education system :/