1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

LFG Experienced player looking for Organised EU Raiding guild (PvE)

Discussion in 'Personal Introductions' started by Veckna, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Veckna

Veckna Well-Known Cupcake

Lol - someone more grammatically advanced than me beat you to it in the original thread - I owned myself pretty hard there without the need for my usual atrocious standard of typing.
    Exile persistence is not to be underestimated though it seems :eek:

Edit: What typo? :whistling: /innocentface ;)
  2. Kaelang

Kaelang Cupcake-About-Town

Hey Veckna,

How come you're not interested in the PvP aspect of a server, just out of curiosity. I understand that griefing may be an issue, but you might die like 3-4 times during leveling from gankers, especially if you're leveling at the fastest, ahead of the crowd. :)

I feel that PvP servers add another depth to the game and allow for guilds to do more than just PvE. :p
  3. Veckna

Veckna Well-Known Cupcake

Was my experiences in Rift that put me off. There was a rogue spec that included damage not breaking stealth + vanish (can't recall if they had cooldowns as I only levelled cleric/mage to max).
    Doing the dailies on my mage over a period of a few weeks I used to kill the usual ganking crowd pretty easily so they resorted to crowd controlling me constantly instead of fighting in order to annoy/disrupt (as they couldn't kill me). I couldn't really do much about it as if I got a lucky aoe to bring them out of stealth they'd pop cooldowns and back off until the cd's were up again and repeat ccing me. Specced into the cc immune ground symbol but all that did was effectively root me to one spot (so didn't work out too well as they'd wait for me to move and resume ccing).
    We also had issues with disruption of raid rifts etc (I guess that's more part and parcel of a PvP server but when people train mobs/abuse mechanics to stop you rather than straight up fighting it's frustrating) - was more an issue after I rerolled on EU as we were a small guild of friends so lacked the manpower to complete some of the raid rifts + player interference. Just personal viewpoint - when I set out to raid I want to raid, same as with mats/daily quest farming - if I plan to do something then being disrupted by some random is something I view as an annoyance (killing those types doesn't give me any satisfaction as it's less challenging than PvE :p - when they actually fight instead of grief).

On a PvE server I can get fun group PvP (which I enjoy) via warplots/battlegrounds/arenas without the downsides of the open world disruption (and 1v1 outside of duelling friends for learning/<REDACTED>s n giggles just bores me now).
    Seeing Stalkers with permanent stealth + a 'damage does not break stealth' milestone as well as there being PvP stat gear in game doesn't want to make me roll PvP server much in Wildstar although admittedly we know too little to judge how the numbers will play out/if Stalkers even have CC usable from stealth (or how visible stealthed players are).
    If I enjoyed 1v1 more I might be tempted to roll Stalker myself on a PvP server but it's the group aspect that I enjoy. Mass PvP with Bloodpact during Rift beta was great fun, as were the few occasions in live when things kicked off and escalated to guild(s) v guild(s) level.

Aside from that I can't really see any depth being added by a PvP server as there's no incentives for World PvP and you can do guild related activities for PvP by simply flagging on a PvE server (assuming you want organised opposition as opposed to just facerolling randoms in a zone) or by invading the opposing cities which I believe auto flags you similar to WoW/Rift.
    The only 'benefit' I can really see is non consensual PvP which for me is a drawback as I don't find facerolling unsuspecting targets entertaining (except for maybe the first 5 minutes :p) and the disruption I mention above is a major annoyance.

Lol I seem to have gone off on one there :oops: Hope that answers the question though.
  4. Vivaxo

Vivaxo New Cupcake

Good luck with the guild search! ^^

And welcome to WSC