1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Faction poll (as suggested by SiegaPlays)

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Dyraele, Aug 29, 2012.

?

Which faction are you more interested in playing for you main character?

1. Exiles

56 vote(s)
    48.3%
  2. Dominion

47 vote(s)
    40.5%
  3. Other (please explain)

6 vote(s)
    5.2%
  4. None of these, I just want to eat a cookie

7 vote(s)
    6.0%
  1. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

It was suggested by SiegaPlays to create a poll on what faction people would like to play. Hopefully I worded the question correctly. It was suggested that the factions were viewed much like WoW in that Exiles were Alliance and Dominion were Horde. Let us know what you think!
  2. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

I don't think we have enough information at this stage for anyone to conclusively say they're going to play one faction or another. For my part I'm likely to want to play Dominion but I'm waiting on more information (like the faction reveal in October) to see if I might end up being an Exile.

For example, all through beta for Warhammer Online I was gunning to be a Squig Herder on Destruction but come live I ended up being an Dwarf Engineer on Order.
  3. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

Yes, it is early but I was curious about people's feeling at the moment.
    mockingfox likes this.
  4. Chrilin

Chrilin Cupcake-About-Town

I usually plays the good guys regardless, so yep there ya go. :)
    Darkspur likes this.
  5. JarNod

JarNod WildStar Haiku Winner 2012 / Lead Guinea Pig

Who are the good guys in an MMO? Sometimes it's easy, but in WoW, the Horde were just as good/bad as the Alliance.
  6. Chrilin

Chrilin Cupcake-About-Town

Yep... I know that sometimes the lines between good/bad are blurred. I had friends that made the same argument in swtor, but I didn't go for it. If WS ends up with that type of choice then my decision will be easy.
  7. Spiritunicorn

Spiritunicorn New Cupcake

I'm going to vote Exiles today, although its only going to be a fair vote after we get an equivalent amount of information about the Dominion as we already have for the Exiles.

Also, mmm... cookie...
    Darkspur likes this.
  8. Frozenoak

Frozenoak Founding Member

We do not have enough information to make an informed decision but I suspect that more people, due to the way information about the Exiles is being released, will want to be Exiles. So, I will most likely go Dominion in an attempt to make things balance out a little. That being said, I think that Dominion is going to be portrayed as a Domineering (hence their name) and possible Evil people and I like to play a nice guy in a mean group. Either way I think I will be rolling a Dominion race as my main.
  9. Maddog Charlie

Maddog Charlie Cupcake-About-Town

Exiles,....no wait Dominion, errr both and other too ........and the cookie, main how do you define main I level two at a time so two mains ......polls are so stressfull.
  10. Maddog Charlie

I get that same idea too Frozenoak, Dominion more military like regimented, structured, representative of the old order with regulations, everyone knows their place, wheras Exile more freelance, wildcard like and less disciplined ?
  11. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

It hasnt been revealed but my main would most probably be part of the Dominion.
    I hope they do not portray them as evil, just people with a different Ideology.
    SiegaPlays likes this.
  12. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

I agree. Never did like the games where one had to attach one self permanently to good or evil, it is more a morale choice, if there is nuances to a faction.

I ended up playing a good guy with Empire on SWTOR for a while due to friends wanting to be badass, and it is primarily a difference of ideology that reigns. One ideology had the unfortunate tendency to store power with types of borderline personalities, which made the faction itself look like evil, and the other was seeded with corruption from within its bureaucracy.

Too much of anything must be bad in a system :p
  13. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

You can look at our history for an example. Back in WW2 the Germans were considered evil. Well the leadership was for sure, guess we don't have to argue about that, but the people were not. They were just normal people with normal lives. Their only mistake was to believe in their leaders. The allies were considered good, but they did some crazy <REDACTED> as well. Dropping a couple of atomic bombs for example.

Hell, you can even look at the present. If we look at how the world is today we have the same problem. The 'western' part of the world is considered good and the east the bad ones. Axes of evil right? The people in the western part are being fed news that is showing us constantly how bad the east is and how good we have it here. The people in the east are hearing the same thing, only the other way around.

And it's all bull<REDACTED>. There. I've said it. There is no good or evil. Just different lifestyles and cultures. That makes the world such a great, diverse and awesome place to live in. The world would be so much better if everybody could respect each other.

To get back to Wildstar, yes we will have factions. The Exiles seem to be the rebel kind of thing, while the Dominion seem to be the military regime structure. Although I tend to the Exiles, just because I am a rebel deep inside, doesn't mean I want to be shut off the Dominion part of the game either. If it means choosing Exile means I can't enter Dominion cities for example, I would be really disappointed. I don't want to pick a faction and be limited to half the content straight away. I want to choose my destiny myself. Make the moral choices in the game myself. I want to be able to get along with everyone. That is what I missed in WoW the most. Drinking beer with a Dwarf in IF being an Orc myself. No black and white, no good and evil. It want it grey and neutral.
    Michael72 likes this.
  14. Danny Nielsen

Danny Nielsen Cupcake

Is it confirmed that the 2nd playable faction is dominion, could'nt really find it anywhere.

I was kind of hoping that dominion would be a npc faction, and exile pc faction, with another not revealed pc faction, so it would be something like PvPvNPC.

But anyhow i really hope that we can speak with the other factions, like in EQ2.
  15. Tiktak

Tiktak Cupcake-About-Town

I voted Exiles only because I want to play an Aurin. Assuming Dominion have some cool looking races I can easily see my first Alt being Dominion. (Yes... first.) I'm not an Altaholic but I like seeing what each class and race are like. I did it in WoW. It'll take me a while to pin down my actual main mostly because I won't really know what classes I'm going to find fun enough to be a main. Beta will help ofc! (Yes... another thinly veiled beta invite beg) :)
  16. pseudo

pseudo Podcaster

I voted Dominion. I've always enjoyed the darker characters as they always seem to have more depth. With that said, there's significantly more depth with the Exiles right now because we have at least a modicum of information on them!
  17. starspun

starspun Well-Known Cupcake

It's confirmed. First source I could find right now is this TTH interview with Jeremy Gaffney from last year, but I'm fairly certain it's been mentioned in other interviews (and videos) too. :)

As for the poll, I don't know yet. Need to know more about the Dominion before I can make a decision - but I'm very certain I'm going to roll a female granok at the very least, unless it turns out they've gone extinct.
  18. Phiqu

Phiqu Cupcake-About-Town

[X] Exiles

Like the Granok. They reminds me on my TERA Char. a Baraka.
  19. Maddog Charlie

Yeh definately not Dominion, they steal my parking space every day !!! :mad:

Dominion.jpg
  20. WildZhen

WildZhen Cupcake-About-Town

Okay well not really fair game for the dominion here since they are mysterious at the moment. I don't usually play good or bad guys I just decide on the spot (Only exception was wow played Horde because of Thrall) on Swtor I did play the good guys. For wildstar it will depend on the info we will get so for now I'll take the cookie.

If the Exile are the freelance and the Dominion this kind of structured/militaristic maybe faction It'll be a way too easy choice imo. Bottom line I'll be in the faction that I deemed by my standars BADASS ^^

Maddog so funny :laugh:

WildZhen