1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Faction poll (as suggested by SiegaPlays)

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Dyraele, Aug 29, 2012.

?

Which faction are you more interested in playing for you main character?

1. Exiles

56 vote(s)
    48.3%
  2. Dominion

47 vote(s)
    40.5%
  3. Other (please explain)

6 vote(s)
    5.2%
  4. None of these, I just want to eat a cookie

7 vote(s)
    6.0%
  1. Rakkis

Rakkis Cupcake

Yeah like to change my other to Dominion
  2. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

For my main I am still aiming at Exiles, but instead of 4 Exiles characters, I am now thinking 2 on each faction. Only thing preventing this would be social tools, I would like my friends to be able to reach me on any character, not just the same faction/server characters.
    ObliviousPrime likes this.
  3. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

looks like i get a cookie still :-/ /cry i wanna see the last 2 races before i decide!!!
    spencerBAXLEY likes this.
  4. Sikarus

Sikarus New Cupcake

Dominion for sure. I like the whole ruthless empire lore behind them. They remind me a lot of the empire from swtor which is what I rolled.
    Michael Thysson likes this.
  5. Ayr

Ayr Cupcake-About-Town

Too early to say, could be some major class restrictions that would push you one way or the other.

I voted Exile, but I'm considering Dominion.
  6. Draogon

Draogon Cupcake-About-Town

I always lean towards the dark side....doubt it's going to be any different this time round. The story arc's have always felt more interesting to me.
  7. Michael Thysson

Michael Thysson New Cupcake

Amen to all of that, exactly why I prefer the Dominion myself. The whole vibe they produce is right up my alley, even the name has an atmosphere of authority and awesomeness about it.

I always make my faction choice early, and I always stick to it, so much so that most times I end up missing half of the game :p

Also a "Yes please" on the SC Ghost bit, tho I'd prefer Spectre's myself :p

To me, Faction comes before Classes, SWTOR for example I loved the Trooper class, but I never played one past level 10. The whole Republic vibe never jived with me personally. Somehow I don't think I'm alone on this, take WoW for example.

So many people that never seriously played either Alliance or Horde because it didn't fit their personalities I suppose.
  8. cBselfmonkey

cBselfmonkey New Cupcake

Too early for me to choose. I'm leaning towards the Dominion because the Mechari look utterly badass. At the same time I really want to see this 'zombie' race the Exiles seem to have on the backburner. So it could go either way.
    Norlamin likes this.
  9. Norlamin

Norlamin Cupcake

It all really depends on the next two races to be unveiled, I generally play Short Races 100% of the time, so whoever gets the shortie, if they get one, will have me calling that faction "home". I prefer to play the good guys in 90% of games, but overall a race is the most important thing to me in an MMO. If we don't see any shorter races on either faction, I'll more than likely have to side with the Dominion as the Draken are the only race I currently find remotely appealing.
  10. Riepah

Riepah Cupcake

Aurin are rather short, and there's speculation on a gremlin-like short race on Dominion side.

But really, the biggest reason I'm responding to you is because I wanted to tell you that I love your display picture. I've had it saved on my computer for ages.
    Norlamin likes this.
  11. Qimx

Qimx Cupcake-About-Town

I will wait to see the other races, but right now the Exiles are winning. I felt in love with the girl from Meet the Exiles.
  12. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

Dominion are so badass. I think they are the best "darker" faction I've ever seen.

Still going Exile of course, my Scientist just fits into their niche better.

But mmmm... those Dominion. I don't think I'll ever change my avatar... until I'm allowed into character creation AND can post images not under a NDA or something.

... now I hope we can get big geeky glasses for our characters.
  13. Talos

Talos New Cupcake

I'm going with Dominion I think. I'm English and so I might as well represent :p
  14. Fate Flyer

Fate Flyer "That" Cupcake

I wish I could change my vote. XD When I first signed up, I voted Aurin, but after the Races section was added to the WildStar website, I have changed my mind completely, not only on race, but faction.

I totally agree with that first part! :D

I actually think that the Dominion would have more scientists though, being that they are the superpower of the galaxy and have all the luxuries of upper class society. The Cassians especially would have more technology available to them, along with better starship fleets, newer weapons, better medical facilities, etc. The Exiles are more like a ragtag team of vagabonds that are forced to struggle for a better way of life, and so their scientists wouldn't have as much funding available to them for their research. (For example, look at the different guns that the Humans and Cassians have.)

Above all else, I knew I wanted to be a scientist, as everything a scientist does in WildStar was extremely attractive to me and what I would enjoy doing in the game. I just wasn't sure what race I would play for awhile. I originally liked the Aurins, since I love animals, but Aurins would not really make the best scientists, as they live more like Native Americans or the Na'vi in James Cameron's Avatar. As I read more about the Dominion and also how they were affiliated with the Eldan (who fascinate me), I knew I had to side with them ultimately. :)

EDIT: Also, if you're worried about having an "evil" scientist when you're prefer a good or neutral one, just look at Qwi Xux from Star Wars. She was the inventor of the Death Star, and she didn't have a bad bone in her body. She was absolutely brilliant. She just feared failure, and so she saw all her projects through to the end, even though she didn't understand their full purpose (as she really thought the Death Star she developed was to break up dead planets to extract ore, until her eyes were opened up by Han later on). So, while a scientist can be a tool for great evil or can even be working alongside a faction that may not always be 100% moral, that doesn't necessarily mean they themselves aren't a good person.
    Kurik Lein and Patrician like this.
  15. Patrician

Patrician "That" Cupcake

Oh yes I know I could easily be a Dominion scientist. Even one who tried to do good but his inventions and such were used for vicious ends. That's a great story.

However from the beginning I wanted to be a "Frontier Scientist." Someone who doesn't have that giant financial backing, or the war machine behind him, and is trying to raise the bar of his people's knowledge. He cares about the development of children's brains, and wants his people to lift themselves and be "more logical" and just generally think more. He gets a lot of things wrong too, because he doesn't understand a lot of success in life comes from the heart.

So the Exile faction is literally perfect for him. :) I'll make Dominion alts, of course... some bad, some possibly "trying to do the right thing" even.

Oh and I think Aurins actually make great scientists. They are VERY inquisitive, and look at WildStar's Scientist "spokes person." Liara, an Aurin. :)
    Fate Flyer likes this.
  16. Talos

Talos New Cupcake

I want to be dominion, but I'm not sure on what class or path I'm going to go with. Something tells me the spellslinger is going to be popular though, so I may avoid that. The Esper looks interesting though.
  17. Maithus

Maithus New Cupcake

Exiles for sure, to me they give off a whole "space cowboys" vibe that i have loved ever since Firefly.
  18. Hope

Hope Cupcake-About-Town

Same for me!

Some of my "guildies" (for lack of a better term, basically a group of friends who play different MMOs together) got interested in the game since I've voted, and seems like the Dominion is more appealing to them.

Guess we'll just have to have a new poll once the remaining races are announced. It will be interesting to see whether the faction balance changed after all the recent announcements!
    Fate Flyer likes this.