1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Factional and Racial, Flavor?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Quantum Wizard, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Quantum Wizard

Quantum Wizard Cupcake

I've already discussed on another thread however I figured that this needed its own thread. Befor we even get started I have three rules.

1. No saying one side is evil and the other is good. The Devs have already said this is not the case.
    2. No drawing real world comparisons to nationalities or religions its disrespectful.
    3.Try not to let your PERSONAL philosophy influence the conversation.

This thread is to explore the Flavor's of the two factions and their member races, both before and after Launch. In part to try and highlight the positive and attractive qualities of both factions. Lets get started.

Here's what a shallow explanation of what looking at.

The Dominion seeks order and stability above all things. They believe that by spreading their culture and beliefs they can make the galaxy a better place. Even if that means making use of a little Dominion Galactic Diplomacy.

The Exiles seek freedom and independence above all things. They want to live without the laws and restrictions placed on them by the Dominion, And if the Dominion doesn't like it they can just bring it on!

On the Dominion we have
    Cassian Humans: The noble leaders of the Dominion who wish to spread their beliefs throughout the galaxy creating a paradise in which all may live in piece and prosperity.

Mechari: Highly advanced robots programmed by the gods of the Dominion to aid the Cassians in creating utopia. In a way their kind-of like angels?

Draken: A mighty warrior race who seek to improve themselves through conquest and victory. Kind of like space vikings? Serve the dominion due to their strict code of honor and the chance to participate in the greatest conquest ever, that of the Galaxy itself.

Chua: Their is no way to spin this races motivations in a pretty way, and honestly their is no need. The Chua would tell you as much too, All they want is to do is creat maniacal inventions that will allow them to satisfy their sadistic sense of humor. Tolerated by their more noble allies only to serve teh greater good.

On the Exiles we have
    Exiled Humans: The ragtag rebels seeking freedom from the tyrannical grasp of the Dominion. Sadly thieve bit off a bit more than they can chew, and dragged a few other races into THEIR war.

Granok: Not as much dragged into the Exiles as well hired. The Granok are mercenaries, Honorable and fun loving, But Mercenaries none the less. Forced off their home world by the outdated traditions of their culture, After their heroic actions in a long and bloody war to secure their freedoms. Think the jaded Veteran, really reminds me of Vietnam Vets.

Aurin: A race of kindly if a bit naive nature lovers, who where dragged into this war with the Dominion, as they watched their world BURN. In part due to the actions of the Exiled humans who sought asylum on their world and in-part due to the insane diplomatic tactics of the Dominion. The Aurin believe in the sanctity of life and may want this war to end more than anyone else. Not saying thay cant be ferocious fighters when the need arises.

Mordesh: A once noble race undone by their own hubris. The Mordesh nearly destroyed themselves in their quest for immortality, Joining the Exiles in hopes of reclaiming their lost splendor, and redeem themselves in the eyes of the Galaxy with the power of their intellect and ingenuity. However it seems they have yet to have learned their lesson as they are still willing to do anything to accomplish their goals.

Whew, wall of text... Anybody ready for round two? LOL. OK I want your opinions on this subject, be honest be brutal have fun with it.
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I can be short and simple about this!

Chua's for President! :p

Or with the wise words of one of our mods:
    Kataryna likes this.
  3. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

The Aurins I see as "Awe, look! I planted a tree? Isn't it pretty? It reminds me of home."

While the Chua I see running in, giggling madly, with an atomic flamethrower saying "Whee! Tree!"
    Kataryna likes this.
  4. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

Fix glaring spelling fails - Granock should be Granok. Mordish should be Mordesh.
  5. Quantum Wizard

Quantum Wizard Cupcake

Oh <REDACTED>! On it!

Fixed
    Kataryna likes this.
  6. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

Maybe Donald Sutherland should voice the Chua? Maybe one named Ronnie?
  7. FruitPunchHero

FruitPunchHero Cupcake

The Dominions reason for conquest always reminds me of the Imperium of Man in Warhammer 40k. Even if the means are atrocious, the end goal is a stable empire that is safe enough for the majority.
  8. Deloim

Deloim Cupcake

It´s a good starting post but it had some spelling errors that made some parts a little confusing to read, here is what I picked up quickly:
    I like how carbine does their backstory. Instead of black and white stereotypes of good and evil the different subfactions all have their own motivations to choose their sides. It adds a more humane feel to it all.
  9. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Flavor!? Hmm...

Cassians are a bit too salty. They need to be spiced a bit more and cooked in a pot so that they're more juicy and the flavor is balanced better.

Draken? Perfect; just cook them, pour on some BBQ sauce and you got one delicious steak. Best served medium-well.

Mechari are, uhm, well, better off by being recycled into plates, silverware, microwaves, or stoves and ovens. They do cook great though. The eldan made some fine cooking machines, even if by accident.

Chua? Great appetizers, especially when breaded and dipped in cheese or marinara sauce. They taste like chicken, but BETTER.

Oh you meant a DIFFERENT kind of flavor. My bad.

Dominion has a more solid and diversified cast. Each race is distinctly different from one another aesthetically AND culturally. You'd think they were the Exiles instead considering how rag-tag they are. They don't seem to have anything in common except exterminating things and not even for the same reasons! Perhaps destruction is their unifying trait...

Exiles definitely have a more humble look to them, but also look more homogenous and their cultures are more similar to each others' than in the Dominion. Humans and aurin are lookalikes outside of the aurins' height, ear, and tail differences. Granok are just a pile of boulders with a faint trace of sentience. Mordesh stand out the most, being the "dark" race of the Exiles. Thematically, the Mordesh look like they'd fit in better with the Dominion. Interesting stuff.