1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Factions - Betrayal;

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Cynosure, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Evgen88

Evgen88 Cupcake-About-Town

I really HATE this argument. Like you won't have the enemies names in glowing red letters above their head.
    Not to mention that unless everyone play naked I don't think it will be that easy to tell a Mechari from a Granok. Not to mention Humans and Cassian. In SWTOR where both factions share all the same race, body and clothing types now they still manage to PvP just fine. Heaven forbid you could actually try to trick someone in PvP, like the spy in Team Fortress.
    Cynosure likes this.
  2. Mellkor

Mellkor Well-Known Cupcake

I think changing your face, body, race and picking up arms with the opposite faction constitutes betraying your side....
  3. LoweGearShift

LoweGearShift Cupcake

In SWTOR though you had completely different spell effects and gear motifs.

The Team Fortress 2 comparison doesn't really hold up in my eyes. TF2 is a FPS while Wildstar is an MMO, although similar, they are different animals designed for different people.

I'll admit that it isn't the best argument against in-game faction change and I feel like I put it better in the later post I made. I'm not the biggest PvPer but it still strikes me as a valid problem to keep in mind.
  4. Evgen88

Evgen88 Cupcake-About-Town

To me, if someone uses their appearance to win in PvP I don't yell shenanigans I say kudos!
    Of course I also believe their should be friendly fire, and permanent death so you actually have to think a little more.
    Cynosure likes this.
  5. Yinello

Yinello Cupcake-About-Town

RP wise, sometimes factions do things that you disagree with so much that you feel you're not part of them anymore. Why stick around if you're not loyal? But I can imagine non-RPers just flipflopping around because they can.
    Cynosure likes this.