1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Failed attempt to find a MMO to bide the time til WildStar Release

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Konoko, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Zellfel

Zellfel Cupcake-About-Town

I've been fighting myself with this lately. I find it hard to commit myself to any other MMO to play until Wildstar comes out since I feel like I'm really just wasting my own time. I picked up TERA, which is fun so far but I feel like I shouldn't even bother since I don't want any long term commitments to it. But I find myself playing it anyway since I don't have anything else to do.

*jealous*
    Ico likes this.
  2. Voison

Voison Moderator • Foxy Cupcake

Not sure why you can't find anyone on TERA.. I'm on Mount Tyrannas and its always packed in some areas. Also there is endgame, its just happens like every other hour. :p

They released a new Battleground thats for level 30's and everyone is equal in stats & gear. Its a lot of fun. If you couldn't find anyone on TERA, it might just be the server you're playing on. I know some are wasteland and empty of people.

Level 60 BGs:

Level 60 raid (Quick run):

Level 60 end game:
  3. Isotoxin

Isotoxin New Cupcake

Hoo boy, am I in the same bunch as you guys. Wildstar is just so hype in comparison to the other MMOs, and trying to find that one game to keep the interest alive is an even tougher task.

I've played loads of MMOs back in the day. A smaller amount now, but still a hefty amount of choices. For some odd reason, I have myself stuck on Ragnarok Online 2 for the time being. It's similar in some things to the first game, but is a completely different experience overall. As a sequel to the first game, it disappoints, but as a stand-alone game, it's not too bad in comparison to other MMOs I've played. Maybe it's the nostalgia kicking in from what I've experienced in the past, but I can't help but keep myself online for silly-looking headpieces and porings.

And yes, porings are a selling point in RO for me. Just look at one and you'll see why.
  4. Konoko

Konoko Cupcake-About-Town

I played rift for a few months back when it first came out. It's a good game but very very similar to WoW. So it was not that "new" to me. I did like the soul trees very much. I enjoyed healing in PvP with the cleric utilizing a strong HoT build. I was always #1 in healing.

Cheers
  5. Konoko

Thanks for the videos! I love seeing people in game. I don't have level 60's and on the realm I played it was always dead between 30-58. Not dead so much but just pretty scarce. I do think Tera is a pretty good game but it definitely is missing a lot in terms of a good community and the issues with hit boxes always annoyed me. Combat is super fun but also has a lot of bugs. Great zones , great gfx, fun boss encounters but I feel WildStar will far surpass Tera's limited shining spots. :) When I played the first battleground that was released it was super super SUPER laggy. I have good pc with 50-90 ping so it was definitely server side. Hopefully they have resolved some of those issues.
  6. Mellkor

Mellkor Well-Known Cupcake

Having given Firefall a good bash, I think i will be reducing the amount of time investment for that game.
    Its very fun, And i enjoy playing it. But having got all the base frames and 3 of the advanced to 7, Plus 25k away from my motorcycle i cant see the lasting appeal.

So, Ill have a shuffle round see if i can find an mmorpg to play until my studies resume in about a fortnight.
  7. Voison

Oh I know Wildstar will surpass Tera, I'm just playing tera to tide me over.. I just recently hit 60 and the endgame is pretty fun so far. Bgs seem fine for me now. When I do nexus (Think of a rift but cooler and its 60 only), its SUPER LAGGY but thats because its 120+ people in a little area lol. Overall tho, its passing the time and feel people should know, there is endgame and things to do. It does get a little "grindy feeling" around 50, but with the new Bg and boosts etc, you can hit 60 in a week easily. The community can be a hit or miss. I've ran into some really awesome people on Mount Tyrannas, then I've ran into trolls who stalk me. :p

I just like it overall, but because its not tab / macroing and it makes me move around. I feel its getting me ready for WS. :)
  8. Drarorm

Drarorm Cupcake-About-Town

Gonna bump in and say that for me it sounds interesting enough, I will try it out, the last 2 weeks I have been dieing from boredom since i took a break from LoL, hopefully this keeps my attention for at least a day..
  9. CaRaDaGaiTa

CaRaDaGaiTa Cupcake-About-Town

I'm just here, playing League of Legends and DotA 2 while i wait for Wildstar...

The best "14" game coming this year is FIFA 14. FFXIV will suck ass just as other mmos did.

I think the actual mmos suck. I played Gw2, it was so cool... until i reached 80. Once you hit 80, the game becomes "hollow". I played Neverwinter and maaan, this game reached the ultimate level of badness, their devs should be arrested and never be able to create a game again, they passed their dicks on butter and slapped D&D's face with. For real.
  10. Veregx

Veregx New Cupcake

If you're playing TERA I've got a level 60 Mystic and a level forty-something Slayer I'd be willing to move to play with some folks. Or re-roll a character at level 1.

I've been pretty bored waiting for Wildstar. FFXIV comes out next month so that should help me pass the time. Just gotta get there first.. =(
  11. Voison

My self and a friend of mine are playing on Mount Tyrannas. :)

Level 60 sorc, priest, and mystic (friend).
    Level 60 priest (me).

We have some people from TL playing with us as well, but they are only level 20-40.
  12. Konoko

Actually I do have a 60 what was I thinking. My warrior Isuki is 60. I did nexxus when it first came out and it was givine me aroun 10-12fps. That was better then most who were getting 4-6 fps LMAO. IT was horrid!!
  13. Veregx

Veregx New Cupcake

Yeah Nexus is awful. I had to put my settings to minimum and would still lag. Still pretty fun to see so many people out there. Never knew there was even that many people playing the game until I did it. Lol.

As for Mount Tyrannas, I was playing there for a bit but had to move cause of so much lag. Not sure why I lagged so much there. :(
  14. Zetokei

Zetokei New Cupcake

Well, I personally still enjoy playin WoW sometimes, as well as SWTOR (however, since it's F2P it is a little messe up, indeed) - also, sometimes I do a few "rounds/battles" in WoT (World of Tanks) - which is quite cool really- if you enjoy shooting at things :D hehe
  15. Voison

Yeah its pretty bad for me, and my PC is kind of beefy. :p
    I get around 15-20. :(

I enjoy the game tho. I don't need to do any more nexus runs, so I'm not too worried about it now. I sometimes just do one nexus one, just to get into the "mini raid" NT. But I'm mostly working on my PvP gear right now. They released a new BG and its so fast and the queue is like 30 seconds to 2 mins, I love it. :inlove:

Not sure why you lagged on Mount Tyrannas either, thats really weird.... :confused:
  16. Laughter

Laughter New Cupcake

I tried Darkfall as well and loved it but honestly losing ALL my stuff wasn't for me.
  17. XxxVoidxxX

XxxVoidxxX New Cupcake

i didnt read thru every post but i will mention Tera has had my attention for right now. Everything else is just bleh imo.
  18. Laughter

Laughter New Cupcake

I love the combat style and Tera.. I have had my account since beta. The highest I have made it to is level 50.. I just get so worn out from questing. I really do wish it was more enjoyable. Hell maybe it is at level 60?
    Konoko likes this.
  19. XxxVoidxxX

XxxVoidxxX New Cupcake

i dont really know i am on the cusp of level 50 atm and have been doing a mix of PVP and questing while Qued for dungeons etc keeps me busy
  20. Voison

The new level 30 BG, has a daily quest. Just win one match a day and gives you a decent amount of EXP. ;) That should help get you leveled up. Also do A LOT of story quests. I did pure story quests from 57 to 60.