1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Failed attempt to find a MMO to bide the time til WildStar Release

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Konoko, Jun 5, 2013.

1. XxxVoidxxX

XxxVoidxxX New Cupcake

Are server transfers free on Tera if it is its worth a try to have at least one person to play with lol 49 Sorc here
  2. Laughter

Laughter New Cupcake

BAH. You're making me want to re-download and mess around.
  3. Voison

Voison Moderator • Foxy Cupcake

No they are not free anymore. Its around 2600 EMP for non elite. I could be wrong on the price.

Should, TERA is a great game to kill time, till wildstar launches. :)
  4. Baconwich

Baconwich Cupcake

Playing GW2 and TSW off and on, though everybody I played with has moved elsewhere.

The missus and I have recently hopped on Ragnarok Online 2, and it's a cute, fun, mindless MMO. Really reminds me of early WoW, structurally. Looks very nice (though the run animations for female characters are bloody ridiculous), but very unpolished. Kinda grindy. Good for those days when I'm not feeling like putting the brain to work.

Non-MMO, I've never really put down Dark Souls since launch day. I'll leave it alone for a week or two here or there, but I just keep coming back. Working on 100% XBL achievements.

Really hoping I can even afford Wildstar when it comes out, especially since I'd need two copies for the both of us. Not workin' much these days.
  5. TuttZ

TuttZ New Cupcake

Even though i'm craving to play mmo's, I'd rather wait for Wildstar to launch, than dive into a new mmo with Wildstar around the corner. I'm gonna stay away from mmo's till Wildstar launches so i don't start out in Wildstar already being tired of leveling and stuff from playing other games. So Dota 2 and movies/series until Wildstar comes out:)
    Mimsy likes this.
  6. Musser

Musser New Cupcake

I have literally tried them all and still can't find anything worthwhile:
    Tera
    SWTOR
    Rift
    STO
    FW
    GW2
    LOTRO
    DNDO
    EVE
    EQ2
    and plenty more I'm sure I've forgotten.

Nothing is holding my attention as much as WoW did, however Bliz ruined WoW.
    So now I'm just waiting for Wildstar and ESO. I predict ESO being generic and not holding my attention long.
    I'm hoping Wildstar will kick ass.
  7. Lsya

Lsya Cupcake-About-Town

I've been playing Rift, and I like it. I'm not focusing so much on leveling as I am crafting and fighting the Rift encounters.

This past week, though, I downloaded and start playing Fallen Earth. I enjoyed it in beta but never played it after release. If you like crafting, it's crafting heavy. I spend more time gathering materials and making things than I do killing things (personal choice and not a requirement). I just made lvl-5 and am working on building an ATV, so I don't have to run as much. I have a horse, but he's getting tired.
  8. Renrawr

Renrawr New Cupcake

Over the past week I've been staring at my Steam library wondering what to play and watching YT video's... I need WildStar already. Even after the Steam sale I'm not interesting in playing anything but WS.
    Picobeat likes this.
  9. wickedheadshot

wickedheadshot New Cupcake

LOVE SMITE!!!!
  10. Zellfel

Zellfel Cupcake-About-Town

I feel your pain. I've been running into that same situation lately myself. I even gave Firefall a shot but I've already been losing interest in it. Nothing else on Steam looks as remotely interesting as Wildstar.
    Picobeat likes this.
  11. Musser

Musser New Cupcake

Started playing Terraria again the other day
  12. Mimsy

Mimsy New Cupcake

I had to go the other direction, like a few other folks, just taking an mmo break in general. Swtor is great, but again, plays more like a single player adventure than an mmo to me.

The new addiction? Don't Starve. Super indie survival game that is so fun! I don't understand it, but I can lose HOURS gathering firewood, building out my camp and hunting spiders.
    Picobeat likes this.
  13. Picobeat

Picobeat New Cupcake

This is why i don't like getting into too much in games in beta and such, you end up getting your expectations way to high and other games don't seem to be good enough.

I avoided WildStar as much as i could lol i checked the classes the world races and all but thats pretty much it and i still cant find anything worth to play.

Firefall was such a disappointment for me... its boring pvp(in my opinion) i knew from the start it wasnt a mmo but i still was expecting enjoyable pve...meh!

GW2 and Diablo3 were just...i never ever bought a game(i've played and payed ofc monthly fee MMOs) and those 2 were the 1st games i ever bought...might as well be the last lol

Path of Exile another game i tried beta and all and felt like meh.

Tera again as Neverwinter, something missing not quite what i want.

Thought maybe i should go back to Allods checked forum and all and big NOPE! gpotato never again, that game hit way to low for me.

Tons other games looked promising but didn't even try cause they are either pay to win or not fully free.

Raiderz was cool but end game is not good at all but seems like they are not serious about it, dunno. It's a fairly recent MMO but you get the feeling its old and about to die, the log in screen and all the rest tho not the game itself.

lots of games come out alright, but really, wtf is happening there's quantity but no quality...those who have it milk the community way too much(Pay to win cash shops/not fully free).

All i do is maybe play a game of aram or 2 on lol and youtube all day...game of thrones breaking bad etc xD

I really have high hopes for WildStar, Everquest Next, Blade & Soul and Bless, one of this please! but im betting all on wildstar!

Keeping an eye on Pathfinder online, Black desert, Arche Age(but i heard its pay to win) and World of Darkness, whats you guys thoughts on this 6 games i mentioned besides wildstar?

I rather read opinions and comments about the game than what developers post/announce.
  14. kredes

kredes New Cupcake

Tera, tera, tera... now i have to try that game!

im in the same "cage" as many other here.. i've tried so many MMORPG's, and no1 really gives me the feeling of awesomeness! like when i first stepped into WoW.

DC Universe
    Neverwinter
    Rift
    Fallen earth
    GW2
    ... i even tried to get on private wow servers, which i really quick left.

i really hope that carbine studios, will give us a release date soon! ofc only if the game itself is ready, but that would be so awesome. i guess we will have some decent news at the end of this month @ gamescom and pax prime.
  15. Picobeat

Picobeat New Cupcake

just thought this would fit here

i love this guy i always agree with what he says although in this video i agree mostly but not fully.

not long ago he also uploaded a video where he says wow was that good cause it mixed up the best of what were the best games at that moment and what people wanted. GW2 was almost it i love pvp and wvw but i hate GW2 pve and even tho i prefer pvp its 55& 45% but still i enjoy and want a good pve! comon now wildstar dont let me down please!
  16. Veregx

Veregx New Cupcake

For anyone thinking of picking up TERA to play until WildStar...

TERA is a decent game until level 60. I had fun (despite solo grinding as a Mystic...) until I reached level cap. After that your only goal is to get +12 on your gear. But you don't want to +12 crappy gear so you go and buy the cheaper Tier 14 gear (endgame armor) off the broker. It's cheaper due to having slightly less stats than the better Tier 14.

Let me just say that going and buying the (nearly) best gear off the broker was a mood killer for me. I shrugged it off and decided to test out endgame. The game finished itself off after I noticed just how much RNG is envolved with endgame.

• You have to get your gear to +12 to run the hardest dungeon (MCHM). That's right.. there is 1 dungeon that everyone claims as endgame. There are more 60 dungeons, but most are obsolete due to MCHM. You might find people running the other dungeons, but they're not really useful to run.
    • You have to get your gear Masterworked (I attempted 50 times for my Weapon.. there are people that have attempted over 100 to Masterwork ONE piece of gear.)
    • You have to get MES (Masterwork Enhancement Scrolls) to TRY to Masterwork your gear.
    • You have to get Alkhahest to enchant your gear. +1 to +6 is easy due to the Alkhahest you need being available through vendor. I think +6 to +8 is available through vendor as well. But after +8 you have to get lucky alkhahest drops from dungeons (which loot is round robin in most PUGs, so you have to get lucky that you're the one to even receive the lucky drop). Or you can just buy the best Alkhahest off the cash shop (what EME wants you to do)
    • Getting past +6 is completely luck based. You get a bonus .02% more likely chance to succeed for each failure. There are people I've seen trying to get +12 with their bonus chance to succeed above 12%. That's somewhere over 600 failures. For ONE piece of gear.
    • You need MULTIPLE alkhahest per attempt. I can't recall specific numbers. But it's above 10 per enchant attempt. You're lucky if you get 2 or 3 from a dungeon run.
    • You have to farm dailies to get most of your accessory upgrades. This isn't too much of a big deal seeing as all the stuff above will be much more time consuming in the end.
    Put all that on top of the fact that you're most likely enchanting sub-par Tier 14. Unless you save up a lot of gold to get the better Tier 14. For a price reference, the cheaper Tier 14 is around 5,000 - 15,000 gold per piece depending on class. The better Tier 14 is upwards into the triple digits. Gold is somewhat easy to come by, but after leveling 1 - 60 I had enough gold to buy a few cheap pieces.

The better stuff drops from MCHM .. the toughest dungeon. Which you need +12 masterwork gear to complete. So you either save money for the best Tier 14, then enchant it with nothing else to do. Or you enchant your crappy Tier 14 and then run MCHM to do it all over again.

They recently released a raid dungeon, so I have no idea what the game is like now. Maybe it's better. My guess is it's not. The most fun I had in this game was running low levels through dungeons. As a level 60 Mystic I couldn't clear too much solo beyond level 40+ dungeons. So if I were to play again I'd have rolled a different class all together.

I'm looking at this now wondering why I even bothered writing all this... lol. I guess I'm just trying to warn people to not play this game. Find something else!
    Picobeat likes this.
  17. kredes

kredes New Cupcake

I got bored of tera, after 10 mins...
  18. Lsya

Lsya Cupcake-About-Town

That right there is what's wrong with the MMO market. There are so many games out there that are nothing more than clones of each other with different graphics. Hopefully WS will save us from that.
    Picobeat likes this.
  19. BlueDragon18

BlueDragon18 Cupcake-About-Town

Unfortunately FFXIV looks to have been pushed back too. No word yet on CB4, much less any open beta.
  20. Liris

Liris Cupcake-About-Town

The game is releasing on August 27. Beta 4 IS the open beta. They will probably give the specific date for that during the live producer's letter tomorrow.