1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Story Fan writing - Journal of Herak Estenor

Discussion in 'WildStar Fan Creations' started by Maddog Charlie, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Maddog Charlie

Maddog Charlie Cupcake-About-Town

I had some downtime today to start writing, excuse grammar and such ENJOY :)

Wildstar01.png
    From the journal of Herak Estenor

My introduction to the planet Nexus wasn’t the spectacular event many others spoke of, it was a desperate fight for survival in a strange and dangerous world. It was a long time before I saw the spectacular vistas the world had to offer, or sampled the riches that abounded in the ever expanding wilderness.

I didn’t have the luxury of a Protostar executive tour or the backing of a military team to assist me in my travels. I chose the only path that I could afford to get to the bejeweled planet, a hideaway compartment on a logistics freighter captained by a man of doubtful morals and few humanistic standards. This time I was sure that I would be the first to unlock at least some of the secrets of the alien technologies and bring great riches to my family aboard the fleet. Those dreams shattered as the first explosions ripped through the hull of the ship splintering into a dozen pieces.

I have no idea who fired upon us or why, I can only suspect that the captains prior business activities could have been involved, I grasped the picture of my family in my hand as my vision faded and the darkness overtook me and a wave of cold washed over my body.

I was still cold as I regained consciousness and crawled from the wreckage of the ship, parts of the hull burning around me, screams echoing all around in the darkness, the snow swirled relentlessly. I saw a figure run by and I reached up but my lungs failed to allow me the breath to cry out. Seconds later a blood curdling scream came from the direction the figure had ran to, accompanied by the unmistakable sound of breaking bones and a deep menacing growl.

I huddled behind a piece of the hull and took stock of the situation. Around me the ship was strewn into a hundred parts, half embedded into the side of a snowy hill, ice cliffs and snowy mountains surrounded me in every direction except one, where a pillar of light shot up into the sky, its brightness illuminating the landscape. I dared to look in the direction of the scream, some kind of bear like creatures, standing on their hind legs with long claws, a stretched neck and a kind of long beard were devouring the remains of the figure that had run by me. One of them turned towards me, its greenish yellow cat like eyes seemed to penetrate the swirling snow and lock onto my position. I ducked back behind the piece of the ship hoping I hadn’t been seen. My run of bad luck for this day was not over yet.

As the creature neared, its heavy feet compacting the snow beneath it, I remembered the words of my wilderness instructor back at the explorer institute “Survival is certain, rescue is only a matter of time”. I heard the sound of the creatures labored breathing as it came close up the hill, in range now, checking the safety on my guns I took the initiative.

Bracing against the icy cold I let the pistols blast energy into the creatures chest as I ducked and weaved beneath its swinging arms and the menacing claws that each carried. Slipping in the icy snow I let off two more shots and jumped right, noticing the creature was slow to react to my movements. I took my chance with a carefully aimed dead-eye shot to the creatures chest just as its icy breath half froze my face. The beast slumped lifeless into the snow.

By now another of the creatures had reached my position and I barely had the opportunity to fire one shot before its massive claw stuck me in the left arm sending me spinning into a small snowdrift. Grasping for one dropped pistol I fired two more shots before the creature refocused on me and roared towards me through the snow. I had learnt my lesson from the animal’s fallen partner and so took my time to hit it square in the chest with the combined power of both guns. A dozen steaming parts of the creature splattered into the snow around me. A third charged towards me as fast as the bulky creature could manage, I dodged quickly out of its path and dropped it to the ground with a volley of pistol fire. Standing I noticed the flaps of skin on my arm ripped open by the creatures claws, the cold thankfully taking away some of the immediate pain as I fumbled for a medical kit.

With my wounds stabilized I began picking through the wreckage looking for survivors, I realized right then that just surviving in this land, let alone unlocking the mysteries of Nexus, would be much easier with a team. While undoubtedly the planet held untold treasures for us all, we were the invaders in this land and at every turn we would likely face dangers beyond the ability of one person to conquer.
    WildZhen, Dyraele, Black Wolf and 3 others like this.
  2. Chrilin

Chrilin Cupcake-About-Town

I did enjoy... Thank you sir, very cool.
  3. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

We want more, we want more!
  4. Maddog Charlie

Maddog Charlie Cupcake-About-Town

:D Thanks guys, appreciate those 'likes' too. Promise I will get to more in time.
  5. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

You get what you deserve!
  6. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

Nice story! Makes me wish we could start on our home planets before going to Nexus. Maybe someday we can return home though.
  7. WildZhen

WildZhen Cupcake-About-Town

Where were you today I needed your crafty hand in my management class DAAMMMMMNnn ;)
    Really nice I crave to read more.