1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Favorite MMO Classes

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Kurik, Nov 12, 2012.

1. 3seed

3seed Cupcake

I tend to roll support characters--there's something about knowing helping mates (or even total strangers) survive an encounter they wouldn't normally.

My first real MMO experience came playing a minstrel in DAOC, before all the class got buffed. It was a great mix of skills and nearly always shocked people at how good it did CC. Being able to control the flow of the fight, serial mezzing mobs... that was a blast.
    Mudfin likes this.
  2. Samsquanch

Samsquanch Cupcake

I usually roll melee classes (dps/tanks), but I'll play ranged (DPS) if the options are to my liking. As for favorites from the games I've played...

WoW
    Arms Warrior
    Marksman Hunter

Guild Wars 2
    Dual Sword Warrior
    Axe/Sword Warrior
    Greatsword/Longbow

SWTOR
    Sith Marauder

As for Wildstar, with the announced classes so far, I'm looking maining either a Warrior, Stalker, or Spellslinger.
  3. Rakkis

Rakkis Cupcake

Mainly DPS, sometimes tank. Not sure if i like ranged or melee DPS best though.
  4. Elthic

Elthic Cupcake-About-Town

Druid in WoW was just amazing me. I played one for years through the good and bad. I really enjoyed the class, and had a lot of great memories with it. Changing forms just seems awesome to me.

I also enjoyed the Dark Knight in FFXI. Something about heavy armor, dark magic weilding, and 2 handed weapons made it really fun.
    Rakkis likes this.
  5. Zee

Zee Cupcake

Shaman and Paladin in WoW, Operative, Guardian, Vanguard in SWTOR, Guardian and Thief in GW2. I tend to play support classes mostly.
  6. Hommedaction

Hommedaction Cupcake

Warlock, 2.4 "slam" and protection warrior in WoW.
    Academic (skyline) in Dragon Nest. Loved shooting ducks of doom on my ennemies.
    Elin lancer in Tera for the obvious "little girl tanking huge boss blows like it's nothing" feel.
  7. Leo Panthera

Leo Panthera New Cupcake

Mage/ranger, support classes or rare classes (that you don't see in most of mmos) such as Mesmer (from guild wars) or Ecaflips (from wakfu).
  8. nomotog

nomotog Cupcake-About-Town

I like the merchant/crafter/skiller class. It doesn't show up much, but I always jump on it when I see it.
  9. Phoenix

Phoenix Cupcake

When I first started playing MMOs I'd always go the mDPS route because I thought they were just cooler. But now I find pet classes the most fun, as I like having that companion throughout my journey. I also tend to play a ranged DPS because I like being able to see more of whats going on. And with that I usually get the Healer spec added onto me as a secondary class. Last I played WoW I was a Huntard and I played a Commando in SWTOR.

My first experience healing was in a Nightmare mode raid in SWTOR, in which I accidentally purposefully healed the whole raid in my DPS gear. :cool:
  10. Rush

Rush Cupcake

I love me some debuffs. I also love healing. I mained a Warlock in WoW, Monk in Guild Wars, and god knows how many toons in korean mmo's. Mystic in TERA has always been my favorite, because I got the debuffs and the heals all in one.

I will probably start a Spellslinger or Esper in Wildstar.
  11. SteveDiggler24

SteveDiggler24 Cupcake-About-Town

DAOC - Hibernia Elf Eldritch

Haven't had a PVP experience quite like it since.

In my prime, maxed casting speed straight obliterating the masses on the ram while the tank dropped oil, getting ranked top 5 in class on a weekly basis.
  12. Ritual

Ritual New Cupcake

My favourite class ever was Ninja in FFXI. It had the tools for all kinds of situations, and the coolest tanking method I've seen in most games... Granted, it wouldn't especially be considered "balanced" by today's standards, it was still seriously fun.
  13. Anoteros

Anoteros Cupcake

I don't like the idea of having companions in MMORPG's unless of course you're playing a pet class.
    Hated them in SWTOR and I absolutely hate them in Neverwinter (why im mentioning this game I do not know :confused:)
    The inclusion of companions I feel dumbs down the experience and makes your character feel somewhat inadequate and weaker than it has to so you need to carry along your companion to help you along.
  14. Rufio

Rufio New Cupcake

Everquest 1 bard, nothing has come close. :(
  15. Methios

Methios Cupcake

FFXI - Red Mage and WoW - Druid
    Kurik likes this.
  16. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

I forgot about the Red Mage, definitely a favorite of mine along with the Dragoon. :)
    Methios and Chooby like this.
  17. Chooby

Chooby Cupcake

Dragoon was awesome!
  18. Drasas

Drasas Well-Known Cupcake

EQ - Cleric and Bard.

I spent the vast majority of my time on my Cleric and only really screwed around with my Bard, but twisting was actually a nice challenge.

Earth and Beyond - Terran Trader and Jenquai Defender.

Traders were the healers in E&B we were basically EQ Clerics in a ship. Getting in a group was as simple as asking for one on that class. My Defender was a master of shadows. Sneaking up on victims and blasting them with my beams. Melting anything that came within range.

WoW - Holy Paladin(Vanilla-4.0 Wrath pre-Cata patch) Elemental Shaman (Burning Crusade).

These were the periods I enjoyed playing the classes. Holy Paladins were elite tank healers. In Vanilla we could use Blessing of Light and spam rank 1 heals and get a massive return for it. By the time BC rolled around we just became Gods of single-target healing and remained that way until the changes made for Cata. Elemental was a true Utility DPS'er in BC and the only class I ever actually enjoyed playing a DPS role in Warcraft as. Buffing my group so they could shatter meters and bosses would fall.

TOR - Sawbones Scoundrel/Medicine Operative.

Energy-based HoT healers who could stealth. If TOR would have had click to cast and better raid frames I'd probably still be playing it.
  19. Drarorm

Drarorm Cupcake-About-Town

Mage/Necromancer/Hunter/Rogue
  20. Lemming

Lemming Cupcake

EQ - Magician, Bard, Berzerker (in that order)
    Rift - Warrior (raided as a tank)
    W* - Not picking till after I get into beta!