1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Favorite MMO Classes

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Kurik, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Samsquanch

Samsquanch Cupcake

Pretty much any medium or heavy armor melee class that isn't squishy. I mostly play DPS, but depending on the tank, I'll tank too at times. As for my favorite classes in specific games..
    WoW: Warrior
    Guild Wars 2: Warrior
    SWTOR: Sith Marauder
    Rift: Riftstalker
    WAR: Choppa

The trend is definitely there.
  2. Psistorm

Psistorm Cupcake-About-Town

I think my all-time favorite class was the Everquest 2 Inquisitor. Healing by reactive heals (aka enemy hits player, enemy gets damaged, player gets healed) and debuffing the enemy etc was quite amazing.
    I played it a lot with my partner, who had a shadowknight, and we could plow through content together. I was the ideal SK support class really, and it was a ton of fun. The one time I was maining a healer (no dungeons for me abck then, i was self conscious about my abilities despite), and loving it.
  3. SilentJ

SilentJ Cupcake

Hands down my favorite class ever is the Warden from LotRO, it's combo based gameplay is such a change for the genre, especially for tanking where alot of moves are reactive, you had to completely change how you'd normally think and try to anticipate things by pre-chaining your gambits
  4. eselle8

eselle8 Well-Known Cupcake

I'm your typical ranged DPS person. I almost always enjoy dark magic users like necromancers and warlocks, and often like having another character who's a leather wearer with a gun of some sort. Sometimes that means a hunter or a ranger, but I really liked my gunslinger in SWTOR.
  5. Chim

Chim Cupcake-About-Town

I started as a warrior, I tried wizard, I tried healer and I always end with archer/gunner - I love to be ranged DPS with mobility.
  6. popober

popober Cupcake-About-Town

Assassin>Berserker-types>Jacks.

I just love being the sneaky-stabby guy. If the game's class turns out less than I'd like, I turn to the warrior with the big sword or two, depending on how "Fast" or "slow" using the big weapon feels, I can go for the dual wielding class instead if it exists. If all else fails, I go for the "hybrid" or "red mage-y" class, the one that can do a lot of <REDACTED> for lulz.
  7. Nunchi

Nunchi Cupcake

Cool casters:
    Holy Paladin, Necromancer, and hopefully Medic
  8. Tyrone Chicken Bucket

Tyrone Chicken Bucket New Cupcake

Love me some warriors. What could be better than yelling as you charge into battle? Or Druids. Transforming into things like dragons, bears, etc. is fantastic.
  9. SilentJ

SilentJ Cupcake

Shamans were my absolute favorite class in WoW. I was a little disappointed they took away any chance of them being able to tank, but they still top the list. Probably the best designed class, but usually hurting in the balance department.
  10. Spectre

Spectre New Cupcake

By far the most fun I ever had with a class in a MMO, was with the Runekeeper in LotRO. It's a flexible class that can switch from high ranged DPS to a role as a secondary healer in a matter of seconds in the heat of combat. You also get a skill called "Epic Conclusion" which does an insane amount of damage once you've reached your maximum attunement level. (extremely fun to use on small woodland creatures)
  11. McSteezy

McSteezy Cupcake

I'm a sucker for stealthies, but also for Combo Point play styles.
    Rogue classes have always been my favorite, but Fire Mages (WoW) are incredibly fast paced and fun... For that reason, I'll mix the two and play an Esper.
  12. Chomag

Chomag Cupcake-About-Town

Warrior or heavily armored big weapon wielders.

Warriors, by tradition, turn out to suck at duels and wpvp in the majority of MMOs, so I never end up playing what I like, as I do like duels and wpvp a lot.

Guessing I'll turn out to play a stalker if the warrior sucks at pvp, as per usual.
  13. NILVIO

NILVIO Cupcake

Most of time in my MMO gaming history i have been playing Rogue type of classes, like dagger in Lineage 2 and rogue in WoW. But now i have been moving towards warriors that got ranged attacks. At the moment im playing rift, and i really love Tempest class. In GW2 i played all the classes, but my true loves is mesmer.

Wierd thing is that in WS, Im most likely going to play spellslinger which is nothing that i normally play. But dual pistols:inlove:
  14. Ayora

Ayora Cupcake-About-Town

Most people like to keep healers as JUST healers, and follow the steoreotypical route of following what the sterotype is.

I much prefer drawing healers away from their primary 'type' and moving to tank/dps healer, such as Prophets on Grand Fantasia, with the ability to whack out a staff and do some painful damage, or put on a mace and shield and tank just as good as the next Templar.

Hopefully Wild Star healer class, as it has been claimed 'hasn't been released yet' in an interveiw, doesn't just focus on healing. The talk about 'tier/milestone' bonuses gives me hope that I may experiment and mess around with the healer in the hopes of being able to dps as well as any stereotypical DPS class could.
  15. Dualist

Dualist Cupcake-About-Town

I actually enjoyed the original Blacksmith in Ragnarok Online. For those unfamiliar with the class, Blacksmiths were the only class able to open shops to sell goods at the time (other than Merchants which they evolved from).

One of the blacksmiths primary attacks was a skill called Mammonite (sp). What the skill basically involved was smashing the enemy over the head with a bag of money. The catch was that each time the attack was used, it cost 1000 Zenny, the equivalent of probably 50 Copper or something. Thus to be a successful Blacksmith/Merchant, you had to make money to fight, quite literally.
  16. Alverad

Alverad Well-Known Cupcake

Priest(Shadow (WoW)) - pre the ridiculous dumbing down applied, and Chloromancer (Rift), before the xpac, heh, good times :p
  17. Praiz

Praiz Cupcake-About-Town

Shadow Priest - WoW
    Chanter - Aion
    Herald of Xotli - Age of Conan
    Dark Templar - Age of Conan
    A lot of specs in Vanilla WoW I found to be great fun, Enhance Shaman and Ret Paladins at level 60 were a lot of fun.
  18. Myrrdhinn

Myrrdhinn Well-Known Cupcake

This is a hard one.
    Hmm.. In WoW I loved the druid and the priest, but if I have to choose between them, I'd say the druid.
    The fact that you can transform to an animal is fantastic. (And I absolutely loved the tree form and it's animations [pre cata]).
    In Guild Wars 2, my favourite class was the Thief. I loved the spinning cut move, and the stealth aspect of it. I like the thief like character in Neverwinter too.

Tera, Dragon's Prophet, Final Fantasy XIV Realm Reborn, Rift, Aion: Ranger :D