1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Fear the Heals!!!

Discussion in 'Personal Introductions' started by Foxxyness1, Jan 17, 2013.

1. starspun

starspun Well-Known Cupcake

Telling someone to "tone it down" just because you don't like their post personally is also terribly arrogant. There's nothing wrong with Foxxyness1's attitude. Goodness forbid he's proud of being a good healer.

Welcome to WildStar Central, Foxxyness1!
  2. Malisent

Malisent Cupcake-About-Town

Interesting perspective. While it of course based on personality, if all that is equal, I think ranged deeps tend to be better at leading than either tanks or healers. Tanks/melee are often enveloped in a boss and even zoomed out can't see the area around them as well. Healers are managing CDs and unexpected damage, keeping up with multiple targets' health... not always focused directly on the action. While it's certainly possible (obviously we see tanks and healers leading instances/raids all the time), it's not something I aspire to as a healer. I prefer to find a great team to work with that doesn't need a healer to fill that role, so I can focus on keeping them alive. :p

And welcome! :roflamo:
    Emmerich likes this.
  3. Maddog Charlie

Maddog Charlie Cupcake-About-Town

Guys (and gal) pretty sure this is just a cultural thing, dont forget the forum has a global audience (although dont hear much from those Canadians ?) whats normal in one culture can appear 'in ya face' in others and whats 'straight to the point' in another culture can seem harsh in the other one,.....and vice versa. Best thing I find (IMO) is let it drop and move on, we are collectively the game 'think tank' and the Devs NEED us otherwise they will run out of ideas and be homeless in California, probably live on the beach drink beers all day, watch the suntanned .......why did I choose mechanic as a career choice :(
  4. Foxxyness1

Foxxyness1 Cupcake

Thank you!

In my experience I have never seen a dps ask, or even attempt to lead raids. I would not mind if one decided to take the initiative. However to me they always seem to be the type that are busy bashing their fist on the keyboard until something dies. :p

I think I prefer to lead mostly because I am afraid of having to listen to a mean person lead. I also like having the challenge of having to lead while managing my CD's and watching everything that is happening all over the map at the same time. That and I take pride in being able to help people improve if they so desire to. If they are doing okay, but have to desire to improve that is fine too as long as they aren't doing anything overly stupid. I think a lot of leaders lack that. Most leaders like to be elitists meanies. :)
  5. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

Welcome to the forum. :)
  6. WildZhen

WildZhen Cupcake-About-Town

Well in my experience DPS ranged are best for the job of RL. Now tanks are also good. (Here I am talking about the position in it self not the class ^^) When it comes to healer (like I was) well it is a lil bit different when we raid lead. At least in my past experiences ( I was raid leader with my heal,my tank, and my dps so it's kind of all the same for me lol). Anyway If you have a good understanding of your class and the boss you can raid lead in the end it all comes down to the person itself not the role (imo).

For your second point about raid leader. I don't know for you but in the different guild I was when it came down to Raid leadin I would request to have (Even when I was the one being RL) an officer which would basically be the second (unofficial) raid lead. Now might sound twisted but I was in raid with those elitist meanies (you are so cute using this word I would have simply said "Jerk" lol) and did not find (at least most of them) to be the best RL so having someone else who could cool down the atmosphere in a raid was a way to calm everyone. Being RL is the same as being manager (tough job guys) it's all about the environment you are building and how you understand your group and know them (that is how I see raid leading). So mean one does not equal effective one. RL is the best job/hardest (imo) one yet many people do not quite understand the role and improvise themselves raid leader....a shame.

Sorry for the long text ><'.

WildZ.
  7. Foxxyness1

Foxxyness1 Cupcake

Maybe it is just my experience but every tank I have seen raid lead tend to... How do I put it, rage? If the dps is a bit low on one person they are like "OMG /kick..." I tend to take someone who has low dps and ask them if they would ask someone more experienced in their class on what rotation they should be using. This is why I find healers to be better because I am one, so their for we're better. :p

Also healers I think are nicer in general. I think this because we are usually the first people to be yelled at if something goes wrong, so we know what it's like to be raged at. Well that, and we are also complete angles for saving so many lives. :p At least in my experience that has been the case.

Lastly no need to apologize for long text. Any input is welcomed, if it were not welcomed I would be worse than the elitist meanies. :)
  8. qqmoarploxify

qqmoarploxify Cupcake-About-Town

I love playing a healer because of short que times.
  9. ObliviousPrime

ObliviousPrime "That" Cupcake

about DPS raid leaders I agree with Wildzen. ranged are better than melee, because ranged have a bigger picture of what is going on while the melee are usually staring at the bosses backside.

In some of the raids I was in the tank was the official raid leader but a ranged person (DPS or healer) would call out the stages.