1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Female Granok?

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Faith, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Faith

Faith New Cupcake

Sorry for the silly question, and I looked around but couldn't find an answer. Are there going to be female playable Granok?
    Irullan likes this.
  2. JarNod

JarNod WildStar Haiku Winner 2012 / Lead Guinea Pig

I would assume so... How else would they propagate? :p
  3. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

Short answer: Most probably as we've seen a reference to a Granok female in the first cinematic.

Long answer: Gaffer (Executive Producer Jeremy Gaffney) has said in a recent interview that one of their unannounced playable species is genderless (source) and there are some race gender restrictions but I don't think anything else official has been said in that vein.

Unless someone from Carbine wants to get us an answer to this one? :)
  4. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

5. mockingfox

mockingfox Cupcake

This genderless race could be the dominion robot race (speculation of the ambassador robots being playable) in the same post (wednesdays war of gnox update) mentions female Granok's

two birds with one thread
  6. Faith

Faith New Cupcake

7. Shady

Shady Cupcake-About-Town

I know this thread is old, but I don't want to start another one for the same subject.

Please don't let the female Granok look like that!
  8. Phiqu

Phiqu Cupcake-About-Town

I think for that it's too late. Maybe the Editor has some great options to make them look better.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Helvard's Edge likes this.
  9. Shady

Shady Cupcake-About-Town

Well, either they were trying to make the ugliest Granok they could make, or they look really bad.
    Either way, that has got to be one miraculous editor!
    But seriously, male Granoks look better than female ones, and look on the female Granok on the Startship, in the cinematic...they should really do something about it!
  10. cali

cali Cupcake-About-Town

Whats wrong with the model? I think it looks pretty nice, kinda reminds me of female trolls in wow though. Would you make them uglier Shady?
  11. Shady

Shady Cupcake-About-Town

No, I'm saying they don't look good at all.
    Either that, or all the screenshots we're getting are from really bad angles that are not giving the female Granoks justice.
    I'm not really sure how to explain this. but when you look at the male Granok, it feels like he's really from another species, but if you look at the female Granok, it looks like a woman with a grey texture and bad hair.
    I just hope I'm wrong and it's the camera angle.
    Trigger and Helvard's Edge like this.
  12. cali

cali Cupcake-About-Town

The face on the female granok kinda reminds me of ancient Egyptian art.

[​IMG]
    I think what they were going for was a more feminine version of a rock guy. With female toons, I'd imagine that not many people want to play them unless they look hot/sexy and/or cute.

What species characteristics would you like to see more of when you see the female models?
    Maddog Charlie likes this.
  13. Shady

Shady Cupcake-About-Town

No, cali, I am not talking about how hot/sexy and or cute she is.
    I am a guy, and most of the times I play with a male toon, unless something's gender locked.
    What I am saying is that something -completely unrelated to how attractive/cute she is- doesn't look right, if you look at the second picture that Phiqu has posted, to me she looks like a badly sculpt statue.
    Please, tell me your thoughts about the matter.
  14. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

The part that looks like hair does not make sense, makes her look like a human statue. I feel some sort of feminine non-hair look-alike head ornament on a bald head would be more fitting the race. As it is, "stone hair" is just as misplaced as a moustache on a robot.

It can be fun and endearing, but for immersion and believing the race could exists, it just does not work for me, if something is added to carter to a human perception on beauty or personality. Allow me to be seduced by racial differences in perception of bravery, beauty and baloney.
  15. cali

cali Cupcake-About-Town

Head ornaments could look cool if done right. I'm not a huge fan of the "hair" Does the fact that females have hair mean that the male models have the option for hair? After looking at the character art for so long the idea seems weird.

Also, does anyone else think it's weird that a creature that looks like a rock would have its ears pierced?

Edit: Never mind I found some Male "hair"

[​IMG]
  16. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

The hair on the male makes sense though, like stalagmites. The female hair looks like sculpted clay instead of rock. Maybe that is the problem Shady has with her.
  17. Shady

Shady Cupcake-About-Town

The hair, yes, although I disagree with you. Those spikes don't make any sense.
    I was thinking the hair maybe would look like plants or something that grew from inside the cracks in their heads. But rock hair? I mean, how do you even style that, does the rock-like hair grow on their heads like human hair does and they have to sculpt it every time they want a different style? Or are they born with a certain "hairstyle" and they're stuck with it for the rest of their lives? It just doesn't make any sense to me.
  18. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

The male makes sense to me. I assume when born the spikes are smaller and grow as they get older. To me it makes perfect sense so I guess we have to disagree on this one. I am not sure I would want to see a stone creature with grass, weeds, moss, or any other plant life on it's head.
  19. Zerdav

Zerdav Cupcake-About-Town

Moustache on a robot is cool/awesome, and the same can be extended to rock hair. I believe they said in some blog that they want things that are cool and fun, not so much that make sense, something I love about this game.

On the subject of that particular granok, I too don't like that hairstyle and that pose on the second picture, but it's just an example. What I would like to see is a sharper body, with rougher edges that would make it more rocky and better looking in my eyes.
    Roda and Renaise like this.
  20. Guide

Guide Well-Known Cupcake

I thought the female Granok looked great to me. It has that She-Hulk flair to it. Put a human female next to it and see just how perfect Granokette is. Besides, females are generally more delicate, but I'm sure the character creator will have rougher options.
    Roda, Joukehainen and starspun like this.