1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

FFXIV: A Realm Reborn

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Einzo, May 23, 2013.

1. Einzo

Einzo Cupcake

[​IMG]

Official Website: http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com
    Publisher: Square Enix
    Developer: Square Enix
    Platform(s): Microsoft Windows/ PS3

Video

Screenshot

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For those who are interested to play together and looking for a Guild, you may consider joining us: More info HERE
    Phyllo and Yakzan like this.
  2. Einzo

Einzo Cupcake

[​IMG]

FFXIV: A Realm Reborn will be launching worldwide on PlayStation 3 and PC on August 27, 2013!
  3. Einzo

Einzo Cupcake

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  4. Rai

Rai Cupcake-About-Town

So what would you say are the biggest changes in this version?
  5. Methios

Methios Cupcake

They fooled me once.
  6. Shaigh

Shaigh Cupcake

This version has traditional mmorpg combat on a 2.5s gcd and most of the standard features that you could expect in a game.
  7. Azzurri

Azzurri Podcaster

So, I picked up FFXIV back in Oct, 2010 and probably was the biggest mess of an MMO I've ever played. It amazes me that it took them almost another 3 years to actually get the game right with A Realm Reborn. Although, the game isn't released, the news is the game is shaping up very good.

So is anyone giving it a second chance? I'll give it a try when OB hits soon, since the re release in August 27th.

Anyone playing now and would like to give their opinion if not under NDA?
  8. Azzurri

Azzurri Podcaster

Damnit, please move to General Gaming.
  9. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I'm a huge fan of FF, but the MMO dissapointed me alot!

I can give it a try......but i aint going in OB, i rather wait to see what some people think of it. And if they say it's AWESOME etc. then i will try it. If they say the same as last time.....bleh.....then i just know for sure i need to wait a couple of months longer for the game that i want to play...aka WildStar :D

I don't know, i just don't want that huge feeling of ......omg is this it? what did they do!......I'm sick of dissapointing games, so i just want to wait for that one game that is really nice.

So if you try it Azzurri (or others), then please let me know how it is :up:
    lelouch and WakeskaterX like this.
  10. Bolt

Bolt Cupcake

I had the same experience as most of you did when it first came out. I played for maybe an hour or two tops. That said, I've been keeping an eye on this, and I'd have to say I believe they are at least attempting to do the right thing by fans/consumers. I'd guess most companies probably wouldn't have deep enough pockets to do that , but I'm glad they did. Not sure if I'll play or not , but it looks good and I'm rooting for them.
  11. Chomag

Chomag Cupcake-About-Town

I haven't played the 1st FFIV. I'll give this one a shot. Mainly because I really got NOTHING else to play right now besides world of failcraft.
  12. Witless

Witless "That" Cupcake

Since Square is doing their pricing right and not trying to price it as a new game, I'll definitely give it a shot. Always loved the series including FFXI.
  13. Vivaxo

Vivaxo New Cupcake

After the last disappointment I'm a little shy of this one. I played in the CBT and it seemed rather fun, but I will wait for a review before spending yet more money heh.

I have high hopes for it though.
  14. 9bit

9bit Cupcake

It's certainly a lot better than that mess they originally released. I played for 5 or so hours over a beta weekend recently.

I can't see myself playing it long-term, though. After playing a lot of Guild Wars 2 with the ability to move while using (most) skills, I cannot go back. So to me, the combat felt very slow and non-interactive. I don't really like "rotations."

The flow of the game felt good, though. Once you get over a few hurdles like understanding how the warping works, and the terrible map system, I never felt like there was a lot of down time. I played a class that could heal, though.

Overall, I can see how people could really like the game, but it just isn't my style of MMO anymore. It feels too old-school.
  15. Gyoin

Gyoin New Cupcake

I'm going to be checking it out for a couple months most likely, but I don't see a long term commitment... I wish I could post the article I wrote a while back on my experiences, but... It's in the secret vaults until I can assure that the NDA is lifted of all aspects that I wrote about.
  16. Shilvers

Shilvers New Cupcake

This is defiantly a game i'm looking forward to at-least trying I played the original version and while i was unhappy with it I wouldn't of said it was a major flop.

So all in all this one is in my To Watch List.
  17. Rarlian

Rarlian New Cupcake

My friend made a bold prediction. He siad that FF14 would outdo TESO by a longshot. I'm curious to know if this will end up being the case. I've liked what I've seen of the gameplay for FF14 so far, but I've yet to really see anything for TESO.
  18. Kethrym

Kethrym Well-Known Cupcake

I'll try the open beta if I get an invite (as someone who bought the CE of the original crappy game I damn well better). Wildstar looks to be the place I'm hanging my hat so I won't buy or sub to it.
  19. Phyllo

Phyllo Cupcake

The Final Fantasy cinematics never disappoint I didn't want that first video to end.

I didn't play the first ff14 because of all the bad things I heard about it but was always tempted to try it regardless every time I saw it at a reduced price. I'll definitely try it out this go around.

Only until Wildstar comes out though. I'll never look back at that point. :D
    Kethrym likes this.
  20. Gyoin

Gyoin New Cupcake

I have a strong feeling that's what everyone on these forums will do (that purchase FFXIV). I know you can tally me on that list :)