1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Final Race/Class Combinations

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Xlugon Pyro, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Bloddryn

Bloddryn Cupcake

It seems pretty likely that Proper Humans and lesser, troubled and rebellious humans can do everything. Frost seemed to think Draken had another option, but maybe they ran into some animation issues, or changed something from a planning meeting, or something.

The lack of Chua medics I can understand- with the size of those resonaters, it just doesn't seem viable.

I'm sure it will come up on the AMA reddit thing, or if not there, on this weekend's stream. We'll have answers or confirmations soon enough.
  2. Talamh

Talamh New Cupcake

I guess from a lore standpoint it makes some sense. If the Mordesh were a human race before the whole Everlasting Elixir debacle, it might make sense that they have a little more options than their counterparts. But I still feel like giving one side more class options than the other leads to trouble. I'm hoping the writer got it wrong and the Mordesh can't be engineers, which would give both sides one everything race, two 3 class races, and one 4 class race.
  3. Satarn

Satarn Cupcake-About-Town

Before "the whole Everlasting Elixir debacle" Mordesh were Mordesh. Which part of the "damn huge and with pointy ears" says human, because I don't see it? They were described as "space elves" of sort, there is no lore justification for the clear imbalance here.

I'm pretty sure the engineer thing was just a mistake, but the lack of Chua medics is quite... disturbing. As much as the class page seems to be just Carbs forgetting to put two pictures in(especially with the poster later), the Dev Speak is what worries me the most.

I guess time will tell if there will be any "corrections". If that's not the case, we can expect explanation during either AMA or stream.
  4. Karl Pedder

Karl Pedder Cupcake-About-Town

While I'm largely happy since Mechari got Engineer which was all I really cared about. It does seem strange that the Dominion seem to have gotten the short end of the stick as far as the number of race/class combos. If the mmorpg.com article is accurate Cassians don't get the Engineer class either.....
    LoweGearShift likes this.
  5. Micromadsen

Micromadsen New Cupcake

Which would just be strange. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Carbine at one point state that Cassians and Humans could be every class?
  6. Talamh

Talamh New Cupcake

I think this is just a typo. The article mentions humans on both the dominion and exile side, so I'm thinking the author just put human when he or she (don't remember which) meant cassian. There are other articles like the one at ZAM which reference the same info and have cassians on the list of races which can play engineers
  7. Gôre

Gôre Cupcake

The new classes, while I definitely intriguing, haven't changed my main.

Mordesh/Spellslinger/Explorer
  8. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

Next week we should be looking at the revealing of the Engineer homepage and that will be the last of the classes. I kind of wander though....

Granok will have Warrior, Medic, and Engineer. 3 Classes.

Cuarin will have Stalker, Esper, and Spellslinger. I really don't see them getting Engineers. I might be wrong, but it would surprising to me. That's 3 classes.

Chua get ....well, spellslinger Esper Medic and Engineer. 4 Classes.

Mechari get Warrior, stalker, Medic.....Maybe Engineer.

Draken get Warrior, Stalker, spellslinger....okay, Engineer a toss up with them too. I'm not sure.

My point, is Carbine's goal to restrict some races to three classes (and humans getting all) or four?
  9. Micromadsen

Micromadsen New Cupcake

Don't forget the Mordesh they can be four classes currently.

Though I'd say that since the Dominion will possibly have Mechari as engineer alongside Chua and Cassian. It would only make sense that there is three engineers on the Exiles side. (Because why wouldn't the Mechari be an Engineer?)

Granok is already going to be engineer. Mordesh already have 4 classes to pick from so I highly doubt they would be the only race with 5 choices. In my eyes it would be really weird if one race got 5 choices when there is no other race on either side getting 5 choices.

That leaves the Aurin as the only option.

Though I'll admit I haven't read too far into the lore of the game because I want to play it and experience it instead. But is there any reason the Aurin shouldn't be able to be an engineer? I mean they are a highly intelligent race that had to adapt to the universe right? And since a scientist and an engineer is somewhat the same thing I can't see why they wouldn't be able to do it.

And that would make the lineup equal:

Exile: Granok 3, Mordesh 4, Aurin 4, Humans 6.
    Dominion: Draken 3, Mechari 4, Chua 4, Cassians 6.
    (Unless it's of course the Draken that is the Engineer instead of the Mechari but I just can't see any sense in that.)

(And comeon who wouldn't play as a badass Aurin shooting people with a big rifle? And honestly I would be in so much doubt if they could be Engineers... I would possibly roll exile instead. :eek:)
  10. teh_ninjaneer

teh_ninjaneer Cupcake-About-Town

These were my predictions from over a month ago. Looks like it's lining up pretty well.

Human - Warrior, Stalker, Engineer, Spellslinger, Esper, Medic
    Aurin - Stalker, Spellslinger, Esper
    Granok - Warrior, Engineer, Medic
    Mordesh - Warrior, Stalker, Engineer, Spellslinger, Medic

Total - Warrior (3), Stalker (3), Engineer (3), Spellslinger (3), Esper (2), Medic (3)

Cassian - Warrior, Stalker, Engineer, Spellslinger, Esper, Medic
    Draken - Warrior, Stalker, Spellslinger
    Chua -Engineer, Spellslinger, Esper, Medic
    Mechari - Warrior, Stalker, Engineer, Medic

Total - Warrior (3), Stalker (3), Engineer (3), Spellslinger (3), Esper (2), Medic (3)
  11. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

The Aurin Spellslinger goes: "Pew! Pew! Pew! Pew!"

The Aurin Engineer goes: "Kaboom! KaBOOM! BOOM! Wheeee!"
    Micromadsen likes this.
  12. Micromadsen

Micromadsen New Cupcake

Exactly. :D

Though it could still be the Mordesh since they are all about science like the Chua. I'm not sure how I would feel about one race having 5 choices when there are no other race with that amount of choices.

That would make the exiles have two races with three options and one with five. While the dominion would have two races with four option and one with three. (Excluding Human/Cassian since they can be everything.)

It just seems like it would be a weird imbalance considering how Carbine has done everything to make sure each side is very similar with races and classes.

So I'm still rooting for the Aurin Engineer but we'll know in a few days!
  13. Gunghoe

Gunghoe Cupcake-About-Town

Im still hoping for a 4th class for draken.