1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Final Race/Class Combinations

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Xlugon Pyro, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Karl Pedder

Karl Pedder Cupcake-About-Town

As I have tried to point out the whole Mordesh=Alchemy=Medic is based on a misunderstanding of the nature of the Medic's class abilities. There is a reason their weapons are more like defrib panels rather than needle guns. While it could have been changed none of the Medics abilities are chem based, they are all energy based....
  2. Mordakai

Mordakai Cupcake

3. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

I didn't see any hints that the aurins could be engineers in the video. Really hope they can. Right now aurins can be stalkers, espers, and spellslingers. Two light armor and 1 medium armor. Enigeer woudl give them access to a heavy armor (and thus a tank) class. Though it is kind of hard for me to see an aurin as an engineer.

Mordesh get the warrior and the spellslinger and stalker. The video showed a medic mordesh. That's 1 light, 2 medium, and a heavy armor. At the same time it's really easy to see a mordesh as an engineer.

Granoks get Warrior, Medic, and Engineer. Kind of sad. That only gives them three classes. Two of them heavy armor, and no light armor. So Carbine isn't against leaving one race completely without one armor type.

Mechari get Warrior and Stalker. Mechari with resonators have been featured before. So they also get Medic. That's three classes with no light armor class. Just like the granok.

Chua...those little vermin get Esper, Stalker, and Spellslinger. We've also seen hints in videos with a chua carrying a rifle. So they get Engineer and it really fits them. That's four classes. 2 light armor, 1 medium, 1 heavy.

The Draken. I'm really not sure about them. They get Warriors, spellslingers, and stalkers now. Kind of hard to see them having medic or engineer for me. So, I will have to wait and see.

Humans/Cassians still I'm going to say get access to all classes.
  4. Gunghoe

Gunghoe Cupcake-About-Town

in the 17 minute video from frost they said, like i said earlier in the thread that Draken get medic. (earlier in the thread the dev on a livestream during e3 or something said Draken will at least get 1 un revealed class)
  5. Domi Dayglow

Hm...Draken medics. I guess the idea of hurting someone while healing sort of meshes with their personalities.
  6. Gunghoe

wouldn't they also want to heal their brothers after a big fight/hunt? I mean c'mon there is also trap mechanics. So i feel that the skills and race fit.
  7. Domi Dayglow

I guess it's because I still think of draken as being really primal, tribal, and vicious. Meanwhile when I look at the medic I see high sophisticated technology. I know it's kind of a double standard. The stalker for example is all about technology.
  8. Mordakai

Mordakai Cupcake

Granok seems strange for medic as well...

The reason I say Aurin Engineer is because of balance... if Mordesh and Granok are Medics, then Aurin has to be Engineer.

Granok has to have both Medic & Engineer, and Aurin will not be stuck with only 3 classes (esper, spellslinger, stalker)....
  9. Flawz

Flawz Cupcake-About-Town

Good stuff :) I'm glad humans can fit in pretty much anywhere lore wise :p

An Exile Psychopathic Human Stalker Scientist who's goal is to cause mayhem to the dominion for kicks while using science and technology to become extremely powerful ? Yes plz
  10. Sonntam

Sonntam Cupcake-About-Town

Several articles confirm that Aurin will get none of the new classes.

Aurin will have only three classes, just like Granok and Chua.
  11. Flawz

Flawz Cupcake-About-Town

yes those scrappy, tiny, skinny, little, agile, puny, forest dwellers decked out in Heavy, Bulky, Big, Armor? This would confuse a lot of people lol...
    The Chua are small yes, but not scrawny like the Aurin and with their lore it makes sesnse.
  12. Mordakai

Mordakai Cupcake

According to those articles, Draken are not listed as either. Which cannot be right.

Assuming Humans have access to all 6 classes:

Granok: warrior, medic, engineer
    Aurin: esper, spellslinger, stalker
    Mordesh: warrior, spellslinger, stalker, medic, engineer

Draken: warrior, spellslinger, stalker
    Chua: esper, spellslinger, engineer
    Mechari: warrior, stalker, medic, engineer

So, Exiles get a race with 5 classes, and Dominion doesn't?

Never mind, Medic is officially up, and Dominion got hosed.
  13. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

14. Maxtross

Maxtross Cupcake-About-Town

Draken can be warrior,spellslinger and stalker only i believed and yeah Mordesh can be all except for Esper. :D
  15. Grizzleface

Grizzleface New Cupcake

Unless there is something I really dislike when they reveal more information about the Engineer..it's going to be..........Male-Human-Engineer-Scientist-DPS
  16. Domi Dayglow

17. Gunghoe

;(
  18. achesoma

achesoma Cupcake

19. Domi Dayglow

Okay, I'm pretty pro-Exile, but even I'm going to say that the Dominion drew the short straw.
  20. Micromadsen

Micromadsen New Cupcake

It would be weird if one side had less options than the other. So I'm thinking what if carbine(or the journalists misunderstood it) made a mistake. What if they meant Cassians and not humans?

(Though I guess that would still bring up another problem. Why can one be the engineer and not the other? I could see Cassians as engineers since they have more tech available right?)