1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Focus, Power Supplies, and other stats???

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by deathtotherepublic, Feb 4, 2014.

1. deathtotherepublic

deathtotherepublic Cupcake

So I'm looking over everything on the Medic and other classes and just have a few questions. I'm really looking to doing Medic Heals for PVP and I understand about the Focus and Power Supplies. But is the support and assult power just a gear stat or how is this used? I saw the talent Power Converter in the amp hybid area and this makes me start really asking questions like this. Please explain because I know this Assult and Support stat is in all class amp areas and I'd like to have some clarification...
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

(note things may change in Beta!!!! or may already have been changed!!!!)
    As far as it's been explained it's like this:
    Each of your ability falls into a catagory (assault, support, Utility)
    Assault power can almost been seen as ''attack power'' and support power as ''spell power'', they each serve to ''power-up'' different kind of spells.

And this is how they ''scale'' with the different kinds of powers:
    Assault ability = 100% assault power
    Support ability = 100% support power
    Utility ability = 50% assault and 50% support power

Ofcourse the individual scaling depends on the ability/spell itself. But following this you will not see an assault ability scale with support power and other things like that.

It also makes sure that you can still get a healing spell in your bar as a DPS but since the scaling sucks it won't be anyway near as effective as if a healer full with support power would have.

So with the certain ''roles'' in mind it will look like this:
    Tank + healer = mainly support power stacking
    DPS = mainly assault power stacking
    For PvP I can even see some people stacking both to get their more ''utility/hybrid'' based specc. But we'll have to see how it ends up in-game.

Did I clear it up for you? :D or did I just make you get a headache :p
  3. deathtotherepublic

deathtotherepublic Cupcake

No that is a great job explaining it. In most of my theory crafting I thought this is how it might work but then all players would gain stats in gear to stack more or less. It has been an amazing amount of fun talking with my guildmates about all the possibilities of builds for each character in group or solo. I'm very excited and thanks so much. I'll be rolling a Medic since I feel it has an amazing ability of healing a group, cc, and buffs/debuffs.