1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

For the Horde!! err Exiles... err Dominion???!?!

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by tr1age, May 23, 2013.

?

Which do you think will be the "Horde" in Wildstar?

1. Dominion = Horde

54.2%
  2. Exiles = Horde

49.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Cool story bro.

Color still means nothing and if it does, you're a racist!
  2. Vivaxo

Vivaxo New Cupcake

The poll is nearly balanced. 50/50 down the middle heh.

I'm not sure myself, I would have to say the Dominion.
  3. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Dominion definitely has an Old Horde mentality not to mention the racial lineup but by no means are they reminiscent of a band of outcasts that the Horde has been from WC3 through most of WoW.
    Sonntam likes this.
  4. Aheadache

Aheadache Well-Known Cupcake

The bad guys are always the ones on the other side of the faction that I choose.
  5. Rackham

Rackham Cupcake

The Dominion = Scarlet Monastery
    The Exiles = Hemet Nesingwary

Mind = blown
    Sonntam likes this.
  6. Shimitsu

Shimitsu New Cupcake

While I did always prefer the horde, I found people always screaming "For the Horde!" to be beyond obnoxious. RP is not for me.
  7. HoseMan

HoseMan New Cupcake

I also agree that this lore looks more similar to Star Wars than Warcraft because of the sci-fi futuristic theme. In case of WoW, I think that this is like if the horde were much bigger than alliance.
    I think that thinking of the races to put them on one or other side doesn't make sense, I like Wow and have played a lot of time but I like mmo's and played a lot, WoW is maybe the BIG mmo, but is not THE ONE mmo, saying that think of Star Wars the movies, both alliance and the empire have nice, cool, cute and horror-like races, but one fight for the liberty and the other to control the universe, just like Wildstar
  8. Chim

Chim Cupcake-About-Town

Alliance = order.
    Horde = chaos.
    My opinion.​
    Chaos = Exiles.​
    Order = Dominion.​
    Jefferson likes this.
  9. selodaoc

selodaoc Cupcake-About-Town

Exile will be more popular in Europe
    Dominion will be more popular in US. Both Imperialistic and dont care what others think, forcing their ways on others.
  10. Quantum Wizard

Quantum Wizard Cupcake

Lol you know so little about Americans. Even if what you just said is true in reality, we have always fancied ourselves the rebels, and for a matter of Europeans are always telling the U.S. what to do and trying to force our government to act however they want.

So try to keep the hate speech of off the forums. I'm tired of having my country, my race, and my religion bashed by people who don't even know what their talking about.
  11. Roguehandle

Roguehandle Cupcake

Do not confuse the will of the US government with the will of the US people. You do not know what is going on here so do not assume you know every single american trying their best to keep our freedoms that is on the verge of..blah..blah..blah...

"stay on target...stay on target!"

A lot of people are saying the dominion are closest to the horde due to being evil,power hungry, resourse stealing and expantionist but it is the exiles that have the undead zombies...:) But I say there is no Hoard. This wildstar. We have to come up with another name. For the Hoard has been beaten like a dead horse..:)
  12. Vindicare175

Vindicare175 New Cupcake

I don't see them as ether the horde or the alliance really.

I see the Dominion has a *for the greater good* faction akin to a bit like the Tau Empire from Warhammer 40k(will be using this universe as examples) with a splash of Imperium of Man. They do what they do to bring order but how they go about doing that can be seen as *not nice* (assassination/conquering etc) and if you don't like it..well you suffer ..harshly.

The exiles are the rag-tag team who got booted from there homes and are now pissed off and have a grudge with the Dominion , Exile's are akin to the Quarians from Mass Effect , Lost there homes , they wander and try to find a new home (or in the quarians case to take back theres) and want to settle there and be free of the Dominion (quarians want obviously to be free of the geth )

That's just my opinion on 1 way you could see the factions. i'm sure there are A LOT of other ways and other game universes you can use to compared but this is just one of mine.
  13. Rek

Rek Cupcake-About-Town

I think the slogans will go:

Dominion: For the Dominion!!!

Exiles: !@#$ the Dominion!!!
  14. Rentah

Rentah Cupcake-About-Town

I'd just put this whole thread to rest by saying... Dominion is a faction in which murder doesnt stop their pride and moral. In the Exiles. They are outlaws. But not murderers. They are treehugging drunks (Abit). But totally not murderers. And the faction that doesnt even blink over killing somebody has the right to call themselves the "bad guys" = "Horde"
  15. Vindicare175

Vindicare175 New Cupcake

I just have to say when it comes to Warcraft. The Horde isn't the bad guys. Perhaps the old horde was . but the one created and founded by Thrall is not. and only the ones who agree and willingly follow Garrosh can be called evil. everyone else? well that' why we are dethroning him.
  16. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Neither is the Alliance, that's the whole point.
  17. Vindicare175

Vindicare175 New Cupcake

Oh i wasn't saying the alliance is ether , just saying the Horde isn't your *Bad Guy* faction. but yes in Warcraft nether is even tho i hear enough arguing that Alliance = Good , Horde = Bad .

Its not like Warhammer 40k.. where Chaos/Tyranids are CLEARLY the evil faction.
  18. Awake366

Awake366 New Cupcake

what do i think is more of horde... hmm

you know breaking a cup and asking for an expensive one seems... pretty chaotic
    so I'm picking dominion :rolleyes:

Dominions are Red, Exiles are Blue
    don't you agree with me?
    hue hue hue? ;)
  19. Quantum Wizard

Quantum Wizard Cupcake

that first one was mor than enough proof of them not being the horde -_-.
  20. Dirty Outlaw

Dirty Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

The only reason you get the vibe of Dominion Alliance and Exiles horde is that early wow it was pretty much horde was the underdogs both in lore and population at the time. Everyone play allies since they were considered the good guys both in looks and previous games (mostly warcraft 1 and 2). Everyone played humans or nelfs (human and elves are always popular). I remember the days of over 60% ally in a server as a horde character. Now a days playing horde is the cool thing to do except in France people hate horde there.

As far as bad guys and good guys it has always been grayed out it was never clear cut and dry black and white. Horde did nasty things in vanilla wow and so did the Alliance if you did questing on both sides like I had.

I really don't want a black and white picture in wildstar. There is a reason why the races of both factions are set up this way (to prevent faction imbalance wow had) and to have Dominion bad Exiles good will make a faction imbalance SWTOR had only by alignment instead of race.

Personally I rather keep that wow comparison out of wildstar since its a completely different story.

Exiles were never demonic invaders and the Dominion aren't a alliance of convenience either.