1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

For the Horde!! err Exiles... err Dominion???!?!

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by tr1age, May 23, 2013.

?

Which do you think will be the "Horde" in Wildstar?

1. Dominion = Horde

54.2%
  2. Exiles = Horde

49.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. FranBunnyFFXII

FranBunnyFFXII Cupcake

Considering the lore of WoW, the Exiles would be Horde.
  2. Groossum

Groossum Cupcake-About-Town

Dominion = Empire, Exile = Rebels...Star wars anyone?
  3. Smexist

Smexist New Cupcake

In the begining the Horde was like the Exiles... Try to survive and trying to find a new home.
    After the Horde (with garrosh) are hell bent on destroying the alliance and conquering Azeroth.

Soo as it stands atm, Horde are like the Dominion, IMO. Dominion they want one happy familly and conquering the universe. But wont allow rebellion.
  4. Zenatsu

Zenatsu Cupcake-About-Town

Damn blizzard and their ability to change their world!
  5. Ugh

Ugh Cupcake

Did you just quote hitler? Sounds like something he would say.
  6. Zenatsu

Zenatsu Cupcake-About-Town

Then there was 'MURICA

...too soon?
  7. Azzizabiz

Azzizabiz Cupcake

I don't think there's a clear spiritual correlation from one major MMO to another. That said, certain factions most definitely attract the type of player from a specific faction in another game. For example, of people I knew that played WoW that were trying out SWTOR, I want to say it was upwards of 90% that followed Horde > Empire, and Alliance > Republic. Polling people I know, it's a little more muddled, but nearly all of the Horde players I know are going Dominion, and roughly 2/5 of the Alliance players I know are also going Dominion. The funny thing is the Alliance players that are going Dominion, cite "I'm tired off being in the losing PvP faction" as their reason, which got a laugh out of me.
  8. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

For your sake I hope you're just joking.
  9. Edensola

Edensola New Cupcake

"IMO" Horde = Dominion, Alliance = Exiles.

----------------------------------------------------

Why I view the Dominion as the Horde.

The Dominion is made up of the rough intimidating looking races much like the Horde is. They also have the whole red color scheme going on. To me much like the Horde, they appear to be the more edgy, take no BS faction that'll typically end up more aggressive/dominant. Lorewise I can see how people would consider the exiles more like the Horde, but I never really considered the Horde "exiles" to begin with. The orcs aren't even originally from Azeroth, they were the invaders, and although they were under the influence of demonic magics, they were never "exiled" from their "home". They also never considered the internment camps their actual homes, nor did they seek to return to Draenor so I don't see how they're exiles.

In the end, it was always the orcs decision to leave their homes, due to circumstance. Which imo means they're the exact opposite of exiles in some ways.

To be considered an exile simply for not being accepted? Then every single race in Azeroth is an exile simply for the fact there's always an opposing race which dislikes them. Of course this isn't that isn't the actual case.

Also here's the definition behind exile just in case.

Exile: The state of being barred from one's native country, typically for political or punitive reasons.

The only other race which I think could be related to the idea of an exile would be the forsaken. But the fact they're still in their original home, and still pretty much prospering in it leads me to think otherwise. The forsaken are simply not accepted by the humans, just as the humans are not accepted by the Forsaken, I don't think that makes them exiles. The forsaken were originally citizens of Lordaeron, which is where the forsaken currently reside. The other races of the Horde I can't really relate to exiles either. Well there's the trolls, which could be considered an exception.

Somebody also mentioned this earlier but I also think the political structure of both factions should be taken into consideration. The Horde is ruled by a single entity, much like the Emperor for the Dominion, there is the Warchief for the Horde. The Warchief of the Horde holds much more power than any sole member of the Alliance. A prime example being Garrosh Hellscream the ex Warchief of the Horde. Although many of the other racial leaders of the Horde disagreed with Garrosh's methods, they didn't have much say simply because he was the Warchief. They were forced to comply with his decisions, as they did when it came majority of the pandaren missions. He was their sole leader in charge of the entirety of the Horde. There was no form of equality when it came to the opinions of the other racial leaders unlike the Alliance.

[hr]

Why I view the Exiles as the Alliance.

When it comes to the general perspective, much like my view on Dominion and Horde, it's pretty much contrast in comparison to Alliance and Exiles. The blue color scheme simply reminds me of Alliance, as well as the passive races which feel far less intimidating than the Dominion races. The atmosphere of the Exiles in hindsight is also very similar to the Alliance from Warcraft, whereas the Alliance come off as more serene where the Horde don't, which is a primary reason for the common misconception that the Horde are villains while in reality both factions are pretty much in the grey.

Also, much like the Exiles, the Alliance is a band of races which came together to oppose an invading overwhelming force. A group of races coming together out of convenience, where they're all on equal footing with one another. There is no sole king of the Alliance, unlike the Warchief of the Horde, no race rules over another. An example being how Vol'jin was considered a traitor simply for opposing Garrosh's view. If say, Tyrande opposed Varian's view (which she did in the scenario 'A Little Patience') then she wouldn't be considered a traitor nor be charged with treason. Unlike a human king, the title of Warchief is much more revered in the Horde perspective when compared to Alliance leadership.

I also can't get over the fact that Draenei are perhaps the perfect Exiles comparison.

Their name "Draenei" in their native tongue means, "Exiled Ones".

Then there's the worgen, who were forced from their homes due to the invading forsaken who were under orders of the Warchief (Emperor) Garrosh Hellscream. Practically being exiled from their homelands and forced to retreat to Kalimdor, where they currently reside with the Kaldorei.

So from an overall perspective I think the Exiles are more fitting towards the Alliance.
    Whereas the Dominion is more akin to the Horde. Thank you for reading.
  10. Alex F

Alex F Cupcake

Neither and both fit the Horde and the Alliance at once. The poll kinda proves it.
  11. Ralphie2449

Ralphie2449 Cupcake

Imo it definitely looks more like the empire and the republic
    Empire being a big militaristic empire who expands it's borders
    And republic being a federation of species which might start getting corrupted.

Alliance and horde seem to different for this game, both have good and bads, horde is more honorable(at least orcs/tauren) and alliance overall are known as the good guys which isnt really 100%
  12. filanwizard

filanwizard Cupcake-About-Town

Come to think of it I am surprised nobody has mentioned the Dominion from DS9, They see every new world as a client race and raze the ones who refuse to join.

On a side note I do not trust the Mechari, I naturally distrust a race of killbots. I mean who is to say they will not one day go Cylon?
  13. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Even though this was a bad necro I can't help to not respond to this ludicrous respond.

You say the ''orcs'' are honorable? Yes, Thrall is.....but the entire orc faction within the horde?...Guess again!
    Ever played WC1t/m3 aswell?
    Ever read the books?

They have some honorable peeps in there, but it's not enough to say the ''orcs'' are honorable.
    Heck I would even go as far as saying the Darkspear tribe is more honorable then the Orcs of the horde.