1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Free form targeting - time for practice

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Maddog Charlie, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Maddog Charlie

Maddog Charlie Cupcake-About-Town

So Wildstar will be using free form targeting by the looks of it, for combat and possibly for buffs, debuffs and other things.
    So any suggestions as to what games are out there now where we can practice this kind of targeting. Im thinking of purely the reason is to get familiar with FFT as I havent done much with that.
    Anyone got any suggestions, obviously free games are preference so we can save pennies for micro trans :) Thanks.
  2. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

Games I come up with out the top of my hat are:
    • Tera Online
    • Vindictus
    • Raiderz
    I'm sure there are more, but then I have to google for it and I'm too tired (and lazy) for that now.
    I played Tera for 2 months, so I have a pretty good idea how it will work. It was very easy to get used to FFT, even more easy when you played a lot of FPS's. It was harder to get back to tab targeting I must say. Wildstar will have a hybrid combat model FYI. They already confirmed you can both tab target and use FFT.
  3. Maddog Charlie

Maddog Charlie Cupcake-About-Town

OH GREAT thats good news on the tab targeting for me anyway, I love FPS but .......... what was I going to say now......... Oh yeh you know as years go by Im getting taller .............hang on thats not right either .......slower thats it I meant slower :D
    Certainly it will appeal to many more having the options of both, thanks for that update, Wolf. I had heard (likely old news) that it was FFT.
  4. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

Yeah it is FFT and TT. I think I understand enough about it now to say that TT is normal mode and FFT will be expert. TT will be slower and FFT will be faster as you can line up mobs and kill multiple at the same time. The best tip I can give you is to watch the Gamescon 2012 videos found elsewhere on this site. They talk extensively about it in those.
  5. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

Looking forward to trying both. Don't think I ever tried FFT, but to be honest, I don't think about it, I use whatever is there and make it work. I'd just hate if a role is totally f*cked by the way it works. Then I'd rather see Diablo III type healing, so everyone has to take care of themselves :p
  6. Dyraele

Dyraele "That" Cupcake

Wish the devs had time to come out with a combat simulator like some games have a character generator before launch. Just one char (maybe 2) with a mob or 2 so you can see what combat is like. I don't want them taking time away from development though.
  7. Black Wolf

Black Wolf Super Cupcake

A nice mini game on the site would be fun! :D
  8. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

Could be an idea for a trial alternative, test running different features on site instead of entering the game. Maybe even with a high score ranking for the combat feature, a pagent contest for character creations by race and gender, etc.

hmmhmm, no, too much work :p