1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Game in Beta - Nether

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Skippy, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Skippy

Skippy Well-Known Cupcake

Just thought id throw this up here to see if anybody else is watching this game, or perhaps already playing it while they wait for wildstar? It just recently went in to a beta you can buy the game to access (I know some people are against that but that's a non-discussion for this thread).

I've been playing a couple hours so far and it seems decent, very DayZ inspired, although there are obviously some bugs / glitches and a bit of server crashing going on if you can look past that it has potential.

I could write up a post of pros and cons etc but given the game is only fresh in beta I think that would be unfair at this point in their development so instead I will just give a link to their site: https://www.playnether.com/

And ask that if you are playing this game and want to group up with some people maybe mention bellow and see who is in your region who may want to play with you.
  2. Mondasin

Mondasin Cupcake-About-Town

It looks interesting.. just not $30 interesting.
  3. Smetny

Smetny New Cupcake

SSL Certificate error from the get-go isn't a good start ;)
  4. Skippy

Depends on how you value $30, a movie ticket costs like $22 and goes for an hour and a half roughly,. I paid $30 for this and it's kept me entertained all weekend so far, and will probably do so for longer as they flesh it out more.
  5. Mondasin

I mean it as its a survival horror game that from the gameplay appears to run very similar to DayZ which I picked up on sale( Arma 2) for 20 some bucks. Now I've put a lot of time into DayZ and a notable amount of time into other game modes of Arma 2, I am not sure if Nether will offer enough differences for me to keep me playing beyond doing suicidal runs against other players in a different map.

From the entertainment value vs money value aspect, its a good deal, 30 bucks for 8+ hours of gameplay at the very least.
  6. Skippy

Agreed, it is very much similar to DayZ in many regards. The biggest way this game differs I would say is the fact you can jump, allowing you to use fire escapes and such to go up buildings, almost every building can be accessed either inside or on the outer levels via stairs or scaffolding.

they don't have vehicles in-game to use yet but that may be on the cards, there's no crafting yet but that's on the cards, the game is simply a first person horror-survival game shell at the moment, but it functions quite well and its a good base for them to build off.

And don't tell me you're one of those players who kills everyone on sight just cos you can haha, I've actually met some pretty cool friendlies on there, but there are plenty of people on there who just want to take advantage of friendlies too.
  7. Mondasin

Nah, I'm the guy that is found in the low pop sections of the world, only leaving to hunt the high geared PvP-ers (in dayz this was the snipers,) or when I found players I tend to leave them alone unless they need help or appear to be bandits.
  8. Skippy

I'm very much the same, always do friendly checks unless its someone that has notably been a bandit since I've been on, or someone I know is a bandit from previous encounters.