1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Getting Pummeled in Fallout 2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mellkor, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Mellkor

Mellkor Well-Known Cupcake

I have some free time and thought i would give fallout 2 a play through (never actually got around to playing it)

I'm at the stage where i'm character is 7 and i will be confronted with 6-7 enemies vs 3(me)... which doesn't work out well.

Any Suggestions?
  2. Geofiend

Geofiend New Cupcake

I've always found that increasing the small arms skill and getting eye-shots are the way to take most things out very quickly. It's the hardest part of the body to hit in the Fallout series, but it does a heap of damage, prevents them from hitting you (if you get them quickly enough), and they swear at you :D

Didn't Fallout 2 have a cover system too? It may be a case of positioning as well.
  3. Mellkor

Mellkor Well-Known Cupcake

Yeah...trying to do a melee play though, so its probably my own fault this happened lol. But i follow the same logic, Picking up perks to help with melee damage and crit, as well as having high hp and and atm, metal armor.

Problem is they box me in and just whale lol. I'm beginning to think i'm just under leveled for the stage of the game, (just finished Vault City/Reactor act) and i'm lvl 7.

Nah, that's fallout tactics.
  4. Geofiend

Geofiend New Cupcake

Ahh, the dreaded melee playthrough, and to think I was just thinking "hey, Fallout: New Vegas is still installed, I wonder whether I should do a melee playthrough". Then realised that you can't as effectively shoot critters' heads off if you have a sledge hammer, so I played something else.

Have you tried the pocket-bomb trick yet? It's one of the few games series where dropping a lit stick of dynamite into someone's pocket, and running away while trying not to giggle maniacally, is a viable opening move :D though it does rely on stealth.

The only other thing I can think of is to get the right companion to balance out your meleeness.

Whoops, so it is. I played both in a relatively short period of time a few years ago, so they kinda get muddled.
  5. Quietus

Quietus Cupcake

I loved the .223 pistol in Fallout 2. Very powerful gun in the hands of a skilled character and the ammo was common enough that I ended up having a few thousand rounds stashed away. Just in case. Get one of those as soon as you can. You should be able to one-shot most stuff with aimed shots.