1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Glad I stumbled

Discussion in 'Personal Introductions' started by gabers1, Jan 24, 2014.

1. gabers1

gabers1 Cupcake-About-Town

Howdy from the great state of Texas!

I stumbled upon Wildstar just yesterday. I had recently removed my automatic renewal subscription for an mmo I have been playing and was informing my guildies that I would drag all of them with me when/if I found a new game. One of them mentioned Wildstar so I came to the website, found the link for the live stream beta key giveaway, and spent the next several hours watching Zap handle NPCs while Kat expertly fielded tons of questions. (many of them mine- sorry Kat)

I did not expect the game to capture my attention as it did and I truly would have stayed watching the entire time even without the contest so I had to join the community to keep up with details.

I have been doing beta testing for another MMO that is due to be released this spring but decided to try my hand at creating a limerick for the WS contest as I think beta testing on this game would be very entertaining and I would love to be able to look back after a few years of playing and proudly say that I helped prior to launch with beta testing. For the record- I am not one of those beta testers that whines and complains, the word ‘sucks’ is not in my vocabulary, and I am a true tester that has patience knowing it is beta, offers productive feedback, and submits detailed bug reports as if it is my job.

Thanks for an entertaining night last night Zap, Jeff, and Kat.

Regardless of whether my limerick makes the cut or I ever end up in beta, I saw enough last night to know that I WILL be seeing some of you ingame after launch.
    Taher and Kataryna like this.
  2. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

First - Official Random Kat Welcome Welcome! :D
    Enjoy your stay here at WSC! :)
    Second - it's a black background here on WSC, so black txt doesn't work...;)
  3. gabers1

gabers1 Cupcake-About-Town

Thanks Kat, I changed the font color to white several times (after paste which was in black) and preview looked fine but it kept defaulting back to black for some unknown reason. I went in after posting (was white during preview) and saw the text was once again black so edited again to white. I will change the font to white prior to paste (love my Word) and will certainly keep an eye on posts and preview each and edit as necessary. :(
  4. Taher

Taher Cupcake

Welcome mate! Yeah, I was in that beta giveaway last night from the start; Went off at 1am with no key :(. But yeah, hope you enjoy your stay here, and hopefully you win a key from the limerick competition, to which I entered too (fingers crossed) :).
    gabers1 likes this.
  5. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Sorry you stumbled and felt.....i'm not sorry that I just walked past you laughing my ass off and didn't help getting you up......we are still Chua :sneaky:

Chua don't help....Chua laugh and blow things up :D

Welcome to the WSC family, though! Hope you enjoy it in here as much as I do ;)
    gabers1 likes this.
  6. Voison

Voison Moderator • Foxy Cupcake

Welcome to WSC. :)