1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Guild Advertising Utility

Discussion in 'Guilds, Circles and Warparties General' started by BrokSamson, May 7, 2013.

1. BrokSamson

BrokSamson Cupcake-About-Town

I really want a guild advertising utility. It is one of the most pervasive and annoying things about chat in a game...broadcast guild annoyance. I would love for there to just be a directory, that allows for easy apping to a guild shows all sorts of info to them..like time played whatever and gets as much of that <REDACTED> out of chat as possible.

Ok sort of a rant...I blame Neverwinter open beta/soft launch/we haven't launched so ignore all the broken stuff and give us money thing.
  2. Zepherion

Zepherion Cupcake

When I play an MMO I usually tend to manage my own small, casual guild. A tool to help players looking for guilds would help all the smaller, more casual guilds find extra members. Something larger guilds have no problem in doing to begin with.

And obviously it would reduce spam, too. It would make for a fine excuse to tell the person spamming "JOIN MY GUIIILLLD" in chat to shut it and shove it.
    BrokSamson likes this.
  3. Bainik

Bainik Cupcake-About-Town

Best way I've ever seen this handled was, oddly enough, AoC. Basically guilds had a guild info tab containing a bit about the guild and a text area for whatever you wanted to say about your guild. This page could be linked in chat like any item or quest which made it really easy to send guild info without having to fill up chat with spam about your guild.
  4. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

It would definitely be nice to see, I wouldn't mind having the ability to flag oneself as looking for guild as well.
  5. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

I too would love to see a guild advertising feature, it would allow one perma standing area where players can view your add. Maybe allow players to sort on guild size, guild name, guild "focus" (a dropdown/radio button that is set when the ad is setup/managed), chat spam will still happen but I think it would be massively decreased.
  6. Sabre070

Sabre070 Cupcake-About-Town

Some kind of purchasable billboards could be cool too. May not fit the setting exactly though.
  7. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Let's combine all these idea's in 1 system!

My Looking for a Job system! LFaJ in short :D

Why not make some kind of system like an AH but then for guilds?

In the AH next to that AH person/board/cumputer stands some Guild person/board/computer once you click on it to interact you get some kind of screen containing the next info/options.

Example:
    For Guild:
    Option to leave a Guild name/link in a list, this way people can click on the name of the guild and see all kind of info for example:
    Which people are allowed in (EU/US etc.)
    What kind of guild they are (PvP/PvE)
    What raiding/PvP they do (40 or 20 man or less in case of PvP)
    Well just about all guild info you'll need, and an option to send an message to the guild.

Guild looking people:
    Option to leave your Name in a list.
    Option to leave your role/class/race/path combinations in a list, this way guild that are looking for a ''Cassian, Spellslinger, healer'' can easily find one trough this.
    Option to leave info about what you are looking for, like 20 or 40 or both raiding guild, a PvP guild a RP guild.
    A small area where you can type a bit more about YOU.
    A guild (GM or officers) can send a message to that person to ask them to join their guild or something like that.

And then you've got a third list!

Mercenaries:
    Same options as with the people looking for a guild, however with 1 or 2 critical differences.
    They can add the option in which guild they are in already! (explained below)
    If a guild for example has 39 people for a raid and no guildie is online to fit in that last spot, they can check the Mercenary list and look for that 1 spot they need to fill in, like an ''Mechari, warrior, dps, explorer''.
    Mercenaries can join raids, while still NOT being in a guild! Also they can list themselves to help in raids with other guilds trough this system. This way even if a raider can't raid with his guild because his little daughter had a ballet recital, he can still join in with another guild trough this and be able to get some gear/tokens aswell.

What you guys think of such a system?
    Carebear Commander likes this.
  8. BrokSamson

BrokSamson Cupcake-About-Town

Not a bad idea but I don't think it needs to be all that complicated. Just listing of guilds that can be sorted and searched by a few parameters. I think progression level, style of play, and such would be good, but really it should be something that you go looking through.

I also think there should be a reverse. You want to get into a guild, you can post that you want to be in a guild on the same tool, and guild that are actively looking can then get in touch with you. This way guilds who are actively looking can go to a list and start contacting people. People who are actively looking can go to a list and start apping, or contacting people.

Basically everything done in general chat right now:)
  9. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

Allowing players to list themselves as Looking for guild, then maybe with playstyle selector to show what they are looking for (and later a full 3D inspect window). This would allow guild recruiters to browse potential new recruits and mail them all from one home interface :), of course this would just be one of many ways of meeting new people!
  10. Denied-a Wildstar Guild

Denied-a Wildstar Guild Cupcake

Cool ideas, will be nice to have some tool.
  11. kur1

kur1 Cupcake-About-Town

I really don't think a 'guild board' would reduce spam. People will post where there are eyes. 100% of the time. Trolls, haters, and harassment won't stop it if it nets them even a little attention or 1 recruit.
  12. Dannan

Dannan Cupcake

This. I've run many guilds over the years. Even in games with guild recruiting tools or utilities I still end up having to spam when I need or want some extra members. People either don't know about the utility, or don't care to use it to its fullest potential. It's much easier for them to just glance up at a guild advert in a general chat and act based on that.

Though, I usually ran smaller guilds. Now that I'm stepping up to a larger one, we'll see how necessary that ends up being.
  13. Insult

Insult Cupcake

In my opinion if there is a guild spamming recruitment in game, its not a guild that i want to be apart of. A guild should be known for its actions and its presence in the community. That will bring the players you are looking for into the fold simply just by being and representing what you are as a guild.
    Zepherion likes this.
  14. Carebear Commander

Carebear Commander Cupcake-About-Town

I know this thread is old, but I'm new and I love it so much! I hate map recruitment spam with a passion! I don't mind people advertising as long as it's not too frequent or the whole chat window is filled up with it. And kudos to creative recruitment messages.

I think this is a great idea (especially the Mercenaries section), but I agree with BrokSamson that it should be a little less complicated. I'd also suggest a way to link guild websites since it allows them to be more detailed with what kind of guild they are and what kind of people & race/class combinations they are looking for, which will surely save the developers some extra work. :)

Even if it doesn't stop spammers, I'll be happy. I'll just start blocking them since they have another way to advertise in-game.