1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Guild Features: Delete Guild

Discussion in 'Guilds, Circles and Warparties General' started by Carebear Commander, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Carebear Commander

Carebear Commander Cupcake-About-Town

I know when most people think of creating a guild, the thought of disbanding is last on their mind. But I do think having the ability to delete an inactive guild (by the guild leader) would be a handy feature for WildStar. It could free up potential guild names that could be used on the server. Also, I'm weird and I don't like the idea of wasted space. Just to be clear, guild deletion could only be done by the guild leader.

Any thoughts?
    Mellkor likes this.
  2. Hezrou

Hezrou Cupcake-About-Town

I'm sure all MMOs have a guild disbandment feature of some kind in it.

Though, I would LOVE to see inactive characters under 15 be deleted. I absolutely HATE when release comes and you end up that unlucky guy that gets your name stolen forever by a lvl 1. I saw an ex-guild have their entire council get their names taken. It was brutal lol
    Tribe, Malorak and Carebear Commander like this.
  3. FruitPunchHero

FruitPunchHero Cupcake

Most annoying thing ever from WoW was not being able to /gquit as a guild leader of an empty guild.

Intresting idea. How long would it take for those characters to go inactive? How long after they go inactive would the be deleted? I can see some problems arising from automatically deleted characters.
    Carebear Commander likes this.
  4. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

/gdisband worked in WoW i believe ;-)
  5. Carebear Commander

I don't think Guild Wars 2 has the option. I could be wrong though. But that was why I was voicing my concern. Of course, GW2 has an abysmal guild sytem. As for your concerns about inactive lowbies, as long as they show when members have last logged in, they can be easily kicked by guild officers.

What really annoys me is when guilds go inactive and they have all this loot in the bank that I cannot take. :cry:
  6. Hezrou

I hated gw2's guild system. It was a good idea, but with NA's mentality of MY GUILD OR GTFO ruined the immersion of multi-guilding. They honestly should of picked off their GW1 system of alliances. Would of worked 100x better.

Well if you got a level ONE for six months just stealing a name, so it gets auto deleted imo. (or requested for it) and perhaps if the character itself is 15 or below and inactive for a year, same thing. I donno lol I just think that 15 and under for wildstar's standards are below any of the content and lots should know where they'll stand by then. I just find it stupid to see so many level 1s jacking people's names. It's sickening :< When I played Aion for 4 years, I just sat and watched all these level 1s with names and you're stuck with variations because they weren't touched since launch. Or in Tera after mergers people rush to take the names all over again since you typically get stuck with the server name in the end.
  7. Carebear Commander

I think it would have been fine if they simply had a feature that showed when users last logged in. Sure, the game could have used a lot more features, but I think that one would have solved a lot of problems for that game. So I can sympathize with some of the 100% rep guilds because they can't tell if a user ever represents them. Apparently, they don't have a social systems team so guild features are an extremely low priority for Anet.
    Kash likes this.
  8. Hezrou

You could see if they weren't representing because their icon would have a gray square with a slash through it. Even when online it would have that same slash through it and hovering the mouse would show "Not Representing" on it. But yeah, I totally forgot about that! It sucked not knowing how long people had been away. :<
  9. Malorak

Malorak Cupcake-About-Town

Focus lies on INACTIVE.

As in "Does not have all your cash and you just didn't log into him because you don't need it ATM."
  10. Hezrou

You mistook what I said. That's alting. I am talking about someone who in the beginning of a game jacks a name (or multiple names) just to hold them till few names are available left, just to sell them later on. It's not a lie, people really do sell those. So believe what you wish :p
  11. Malorak

Malorak Cupcake-About-Town

I know, I was just emphasizing that.
    I also know that and hate it. I ususally get my names but I see alot of people having trouble with it...Sorry for any kind of vagueness on my side :I
  12. Forni

Forni New Cupcake

And what do you mean by NA's mentality?
  13. SiegaPlays

SiegaPlays "That" Cupcake

I could see a wipe of lvl 1-9 chars with 6 months inactivity on their belt at maintainance a week before every bigger update. It would help on releasing names up for grabs. Not sure it would do all that much for freeing up char storage - do a low level char fill up that much at all?
    sauercrowd likes this.