1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Guild housing? Are guild lodges even a good idea?

Discussion in 'Guilds, Circles and Warparties General' started by Xaverian, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Xaverian

Xaverian New Cupcake

I think I read someplace that ( for now) guild housing is not on the devs to do list ; however, I was wondering if the community will be clamoring for it once we come to some sort of completion on our individual houses?

I personally enjoyed helping my guild level up when wow implemented guild ranks/rewards In Cara. It would probably be fun to help construct/decorate/earn a guild structure where members could congregate.

Thoughts?
  2. Vyver

Vyver "That" Cupcake

Do warplots double as guild housing? I know you can customize the outside but can you customize the inside for when you'r not...warring? I'm not quite sure...
  3. Nekofest

Nekofest Cupcake-About-Town

there was enough drama to be dealt with from guild banks alone

I can only imagine the horror stories that could come about from guild lodges

Might be cool though
  4. Pariax

Pariax Cupcake

if you are interested in a poll from this community and the comments on how to do guildhousing/circle housing, check out this thread: http://wildstar-central.com/index.php?threads/neighborhood-initiative-for-money-with-poll.2159/
    on the topic of guildhousing in general i think its a great way to give players space to socialize with their friends and share content and progression beside going for actual fights. Its a great way to spend some time in a non productive but fun way or within the same feature in a productive but not so much content driven way. It gives the option to just decorate the guildhall with friends or farm for a new plot everyone would love you for.
    Xaverian likes this.
  5. Jynetik

Jynetik "That" Cupcake

I think that if Carbine is going to keep player housing capped at single-person domiciles there will eventually be demand for multi-person housing options. I imagine the system is flexible enough to allow multiple people to build on the same plot, or even in the same house, and I can also imagine that the idea of player mansions, player lodges, player gated-communities has come up in design meetings.

I wouldn't expect anything along this like of thought for launch. Just getting the basic housing system in place has got to be a monumental task and I hope they focus on that and make it great. Could something like this show up as expansion content a few years down the road? Maybe, its a neat idea.
    Xaverian likes this.
  6. Wreck

Wreck Cupcake-About-Town

I don't know about guild housing but guild neighborhood is an amazing idea.
    Dauthis and Xaverian like this.
  7. pondfilter

pondfilter Cupcake

Eventhough PvP will be my main focus, I think guild housing for PvE reasons could be kinda cool. For example, watching the housing video where they showed a bunch of different decorations immediately got me thinking. What if you could display world boss trophees in the house? Kinda like displaying Onyxia's or Nefarian's head at the gate of Stormwind back in vanilla WoW. It would be cool if you could display the heads on the wall. Another idea could be to have painting frames on the wall, but instead of putting a painting in there you're able to upload a screenshot of the lineup you did after you slayed a boss.

Just throwing some ideas out there.
  8. Tiberius

Tiberius Cupcake-About-Town

They did put an emphasis on allowing friends to enter your own House. I'm such a social butterfly/ hospitality nut that the way I'm guaranteed to structure my house if/when I get in a guild is all are welcome/encouraged. If there's too many people in the guild I can see guild leaders offering their place as "officer/raider hunker down and plan area" and another "guild hangout area"

Breaking down everything shown in the housing video this seems encouraged with dedicated raid portals and private/semi-private mat farms and work benches.
  9. Sabre070

Sabre070 Cupcake-About-Town

Rift's dimensions can be created by guilds and some of them are quite spectacular.

I think it would be a missed opportunity if they didn't have a guild housing feature.
    Vunak likes this.
  10. Vunak

Vunak Cupcake-About-Town

Perhaps a guild hall of sorts that sits in the middle of a guild neighborhood that is filled with trophies and things the guild has accomplished together. Accessories that go into the guild hall (chairs, tables, plushies etc.) would come from the Guild Leader him/her self and who ever he/she sets specific permissions to.

I've always loved guild wide activities like this that don't directly tie to PvP/PvE so I would vote yes if this were a poll.
  11. Chaii

Chaii Cupcake

Personal houses are enough.
  12. Aheadache

Aheadache Well-Known Cupcake

Guild bank, guild funds and guild repair options I would hope there is some kind of link to the personal house to use guild functions but not really needing a second house. Who wants to take care of a personal house and a guild house. What a mess if the guild leader quits or stops taking care of the guild house. Would think they should keep it simple and only let you get to guild functions like banks and buffs maybe. Life is fun in speculation mode, really wish the release would get here, getting burned out just trying to guess and wish how things are. :speechless:
  13. Sabre070

Either the guild clusters idea would be cool (all of your guild member's houses are close together, you have jump pads to get between them) or having a larger house style area as a guild hall.

I really hope they don't just put in an open to all guild members option and have that as the equivalent because that just doesn't cut it.
  14. Lyas Tyrell

Lyas Tyrell Cupcake-About-Town

I wouldn't mind a guild lodge or something.

Or maybe the option that if you are a guild master you get special housing equipment or housing sizes so that your HOUSE becomes your guild lodge.
  15. Sabre070

That has the problem of if the guild master leaves there is much more complicated "what is yours, what is mine" as well as what does the system to to make the house smaller when they aren't in a guild.
  16. Clickbeast

Clickbeast Cupcake

I hope they add significant incentives to use the guild housing, if there is one. Something like gathering there before a raid for a buff? Dunno...
  17. Aheadache

Aheadache Well-Known Cupcake

Just add a guest house to the guild leaders personal house :cool:

Well if your Exile, add an outhouse. :geek: