1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Guild name not available.

Discussion in 'Guilds, Circles and Warparties General' started by Carebear Commander, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Carebear Commander

Carebear Commander Cupcake-About-Town

So I have a question to all the guilds currently recruiting: are any of you afraid of your guild name being taken when the game launches? I don't know if guild name is server specific or not, but I assume like character names being taken, this could be a very real issue. I am also curious about how you would go about protecting against it.

This was just a silly thought that came to me after looking at the Recruitment board. I noticed that many guilds have put a lot of effort into their websites and other media (kudos to you!), so I imagine it would be very annoying to have your guild name taken after all that hard work.

Please keep in mind that I am merely curious and am not planning on holding guild names ransom. Though I'm a little scared that I'm giving mean people ideas and you will all blame me when the time comes. :cry:
  2. Myrrdhinn

Myrrdhinn Well-Known Cupcake

I think (and please don't quote me on this, cause I'm not sure), the guild names will be server specific.

Either way, the best way to ensure your guild name is, to create the guild as soon as possible. :D
  3. FlamingRuby

FlamingRuby Cupcake-About-Town

I dont undestand.If you can explain?
    Arent all guilds names on MMORP's server specific?
  4. Myrrdhinn

Myrrdhinn Well-Known Cupcake

Nope. In Guild Wars 2, the guild names are region wide. So you can't have two guilds with the same name in the same region (for example EU), even if they are in separate shards/servers.
  5. Mellkor

Mellkor Well-Known Cupcake

Im sure carbine will cash in on "Pre order to reserve your guild name" shenanigans
    Fishsticks likes this.
  6. Kasern

Kasern Cupcake

The guilds who take the time to post recruitment threads and make up websites before a game comes out either already play in other games, or are serious about the coming game, and are quite ready to rush whatever content is required to snag their name. They're the same people who will be sitting there hours before the servers come up to grab their character names.
    Rumze and Freelancer like this.
  7. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

^This. Well this and it came up in conversation between us (myself and members from Enigma) and Anlath at Rezzed, the outcome of such is that there may be a way to reserve guild names a head of time. How this will work, when it will happen and if it will actually happen at all is all unknown at the moment!

Personally I hope for a SW:TOR type guild reservation, allow you to reserve your name on a single server a few months before launch.
  8. Carebear Commander

This response made me lol. I assumed these guilds had very dedicated members, but you put it into perspective for me. I imagined that super serious guilds had some kind of magical powers beyond waiting for hours to ensure their guild name is not taken. ;)

Thanks for the responses!
  9. Freelancer

Freelancer Cupcake-About-Town

This guy knows whats up. :)
  10. NigthmareSystem

NigthmareSystem Cupcake-About-Town

Also, I think you forgot the "there are going to be a lot of Servers". so if the guild name isn't available in one server you can go to another fast, really fast. in the end the combo is "Name + Server" to be recognized in the first days of a MMO
  11. Freelancer

Freelancer Cupcake-About-Town

Not really, getting a circle in this game is easy, getting a guild founded.... lol... not so much. :)
  12. Carebear Commander

What does it take to get a guild founded in this game? I didn't think there was any information on this yet.
  13. Kasern

Kasern Cupcake

I would also like to know what the requirements are.
  14. CptCraig7

CptCraig7 New Cupcake

I wonder if they plan on doing something similar to what Star Wars: The Old Republic did... they allowed pre-launch guilds. I forgot the requirements, but basically you set what type of server you wanted a guild to be on and they would automatically set that guild up on their when the founding "members" created characters.
  15. Chaii

Chaii Cupcake

Remembers me of something. In one game there was this famous guild even before release and a genius rushed through headstart an took their guild name. He sold it for a few hundred Euros back to them.
  16. Emissary

Emissary New Cupcake

Well, if "the devs are listening" to this particular thread, I would be pleased to see pre-release guild creation. Hell, pre-release name reservation for characters would be nice too. It's fine to have a few days to find an alternative name, get things sorted and get over it, but on day one there are a lot of things I'd prefer to be doing!