1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Guild question..

Discussion in 'Guilds, Circles and Warparties General' started by Cesmode, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Cesmode

Cesmode Cupcake-About-Town

How many guilds can you be a part of in WS? Is it like GW2 where you can be part of a few guilds? Or just one guild, and then circles?

Thanks,
  2. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

you can be in one guild, up to 5 circles
  3. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

AND it's not at all like GW2 where you had to choose which guild to Show when. and you can talk in all the chat channels all the time, very much unlike GW2
  4. Cesmode

Thank you!
  5. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

And 1 warparty! (for warplot PvP)

Although you didn't really asked I would always add it since I think the warparty is still something rather important since some people get confused by the fact that they can join both a guild and a warparty since some site's label warparties as ''PvP guilds''......:cautious: (they aint! the differences are too much)
  6. Cesmode

Cool stuff, thanks.
  7. Roadblock

Roadblock Cupcake-About-Town

Yes but circles are more or less persistent custom channels, I don't understand what all the fuss is about.
    If you name a custom channel "circle" it doesn't change the fact it's a chat channel.
  8. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

Custom Chat Channel + Friends List. you don't have to clutter your friends list - there's a listing (with ranks) of those who are in your circle so you can tell who's on. You can have your group of 5 friends, two who wanted to join a PvP guild, one who wanted to join a Raiding guild, and one who wanted just a casual guild, All join one circle so they can keep up with each other and do dungeons together while still getting whatever else they wanted out of the game! OR you can have 2 guilds that want to do 20mans by themselves, but want to have an alliance to get into 40man raids. You can either make those 20man guilds into circles and join the 40man raiding guild OR you can make a 40man raiding Circle and keep your individual 20man guilds. There are so many more options for this instead of "you MUST join a big guild so you can be with your friends AND all your friends can do all the content that they want to!"
  9. Roadblock

Roadblock Cupcake-About-Town

Yes but none of that is a step above a moderated custom channel.
    Guilds in other games (and possibly WildStar as well) have gameplay value beyond that, news, achievements, actual organizational helpers (like calendar), that's functionality and added value.

Circles by what I know sofar are a glorified custom channel with moderated invites.
    I don't see what's the big difference to /rp /pvp /maxlevel /oldraids.

Good to have a little more structure to custom channels but I don't get what's so novel about a moderated custom chat channel :)
    There's not even an interface for discovering Circles.

Edit: What I mean to say is it looks to be a good start but it needs more.
  10. Iymala

Iymala New Cupcake

Circles remind me a lot of the Linkshell feature in FFXIV. Helpful for organizing raids/groups/people/crafting help etc. I love that feature.

Question about guilds, are they account wide or do they only apply to that character that accepts? If I join a guild on my main, then create an alt, would that alt automatically be in the guild or would it need a invite separate of my main?

Also I know in GW2, there was that meta server thing, where you could join a guild even if you were not on that server. Does that come into play on Wildstar at all or is each server completely separate?
  11. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

The biggest difference is that you are able to see if they are online etc. this way you can have people in your circle but not in your friends list.

What they add?

It makes your friendlist etc. much more handable (=functionality). It's not something that has direct gameplay value, but should all things always have that?
    I think aswell that this is a great feature! Mayby it could be made into something ''more'', but then you are also going towards the negative sides.

I think WildStar has found a way to get close to ''the golden middle'' (not yet though), so that's why some people are so excited about it. It's a step into the right way!!! And what begins with a small step can get very big and good! Future games will only have to make it even better!

Good features are often copied by others or made even better (or worse ofc), so this is mayby just the beginning of making this feature stand out more and make it even better?