1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Guild Recruitment Bumps Once a Day?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Soylentgreen, May 27, 2013.

1. Soylentgreen

Soylentgreen Well-Known Cupcake

Lately the bumps have been getting insane it's not terrible uncommon for people to bump 5-10 times a day, could we restrict posts to once a day in the recruitment threads, if anyone has questions I'm sure they can PM whoever is posting we don't really need people bumping their posts everytime they aren't #1.
  2. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

I wish i could filter the ''what's new'' threads anyway, i'm already in an (awesome) guild. So i have no interest in other guilds whatsoever :up:

But i like the anti Bump thing aswell, if they can make it that way ;)
  3. Kaelang

Kaelang Cupcake-About-Town

I tend to bump, myself, when my thread goes off page 1.

However, there are so many guilds appearing and bumping themselves to be the most visible now bumps are becoming more and more frequent so it may seem like people are bumping much more than usual.

Recruitment times, first world problems. :(
  4. Kurik

Kurik Super Cupcake

I'm all for it, might be a bit hard to enforce though. :p
    Kataryna likes this.
  5. Soylentgreen

Soylentgreen Well-Known Cupcake

I think there are mods out there you can get where you could set the timer for 24 hours between posts in that forum would take all the pain out of enforcing it.

Either this or revisit the option of splitting up NA/EU to alleviate this a little
  6. Ceodoc

Ceodoc Cupcake-About-Town

As much as Zap might claim WSC ain't a democracy, it is a forum, all members have a right to post as and when they please providing they adhere to the guidelines.

But even since I joined recently, the traffic has ramped up amazingly, so would love to see some kind of sub forums appear in the recruitment thread for sure.

Doc
  7. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

As I understand it this would be a change to the guidelines :p, it doesn't change the multi person bump train though!
  8. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

It's also possible that we could begin splitting the forums by say EU/NA versions and/or by faction as well. Only problem that brings is for international/oceanic guilds but it would certainly dilute the traffic. Not to mention it'll make finding guilds easier to do.
  9. Bolt

Bolt Cupcake

I actually came here to say this, but before I split the EU/NA crowds. I'd just start with factions (Exile/Dom/Undecided).
  10. Xlugon Pyro

Xlugon Pyro Super Cupcake

Either/or works. Doing the NA/EU split is more difficult because some guilds aren't JUST NA/EU.
  11. Bolt

Bolt Cupcake

I'm for holding out on splitting regions, if possible. While we are majority US, I also have several australians in my guild.
  12. Gyoin

Gyoin New Cupcake

We have quite a few European and Australian members as well. We're primarily based in NA, but I'd hate to be classified as an NA guild. We love our non-NA members and hope to have more of them :)

But I can definitely see a Exile/Dominion/Undecided or a PvE/PvP/PvX classification.

And we try our best to add relevant information when "bumping" ;)
    Xlugon Pyro likes this.
  13. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

It isn't more difficult, either a guild is based on the NA or the EU servers, for guilds with both, simply make two recruitment threads. Considering the forums may well end up as "NA/EU>Server List> Faction > Threads." You probably won't see any overlap, just make sure the copy pastas are referencing the right server in the right place :p
    Sabre070 likes this.
  14. Ceodoc

As we are supposed to be frontiersman, rather than the usual EU/NA or PVP/PVE/PVX/RP-how about:

Casual & Social
    Semi Hardcore
    Hardcore

If a guild felt they wanted to hit crossover sub threads maybe the thread could be in more than one, but never three sub forums.

Doc
  15. Nunchi

Nunchi Cupcake

I just bump the Impulse when it gets off of page 1 for awhile.
  16. Ceodoc

Or

To post a guild, you need some criteria in place already.
    Guild homepage, Gm & x officers in place, minimum post count on WSC forums, etc, etc?

There are individuals posting recruitment threads in there, abandoning and retrying under new names, no harm ofc, but maybe for a different thread, see below.

With a new thread for aspiring Gm's to post about wanting to build a guild.