1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Guild Recruitment:

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Infamouz, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Infamouz

Infamouz Well-Known Cupcake

Would it be possible to divide guild recruitment in to regional subsections?

US
    EU
    RU
    Oceanic
    They likes this.
  2. Yakzan

Yakzan "That" Cupcake

There are currently tags available to differentiate between those regions if they so desire (besides Russia, though.) Though I assume you mean that you'd like them split to better see which guild is where? I don't think we're at that stage just yet to provide something like that, although all those decisions are Zap-Robo's.
  3. Infamouz

Yeah that is what I meant.

Home=>Forum=>Guilds, Circles and Warparty Recruitment=>EU
    =>US​
    =>RU​
    =>Oceanic​

I understand that as you don't know yet what kind of a server combinations Carbine will have, it is hard to know what kind of a sub forums it is wise to do. Was just a suggestion, you decide what you want to do of course. :)

edit: Hard to make the sub forums look like the forum tree but I am sure you get the idea.
  4. Zap-Robo

Zap-Robo Administrator • King Cupcake

Yup - right now we're using tags so people can categorise themselves - you can click on the tag you're interested in viewing. We'll split by WildStar's server regions in future but that's what we're going with right now. :)
  5. Rundo

Rundo Cupcake

Imho it should be enforced to have a region tag in the topic/thread title. When i was still looking for a guild it was really annoying to stumble upon US/Oceanic guilds when i was only looking for EU based guilds.
  6. Alverad

Alverad Well-Known Cupcake

I do agree it's a bit of a mess as people fail to get the right region tags in their posts.
  7. Yule

Yule Cupcake

Personally, i find the "Recruiting" tag completely unneccesary. If you are posting on those forums at all, chances are that you are in fact recruiting. Simply leave the tags for regional purposes, since that is actually something that members finds helpful.
  8. Infamouz

Yeah and if a guild has closed their recruitment the first line in their post can be RECRUITMENT STATUS: CLOSED.

I tried to find a guild from the forums here, but after little browsing I just gave up. Absolutely horrid way to find a guild when you have to first read their post and you ain't any smarter which zone they play from, go to guild forums and you get no idea and in worst cases you are required to register just have access to that information.

Even if the server groups aren't for EU / US / Oceanic / Russia like WoW has, the time zone where guild plays from affects greatly who can play in the guild. Europeans have slim and between chance playing US East coast main raiding hours.