1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Guild Tools

Discussion in 'Guilds, Circles and Warparties General' started by eselle8, May 30, 2013.

1. eselle8

eselle8 Well-Known Cupcake

What perks and benefits would you like to like to see for guilds? Have there been tools and features in other games that have been useful? What about fun fluff features? Should guilds be able to gain levels or experience to unlock benefits for their members?* What do people think of the Circles concept?

*My personal opinion on this is, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" but it's likely my guild will be bringing 30 or so members to the game, so I'm biased in favor of not giving very big guilds more benefits than they already have. I mean, hey, you guys already have an easier time forming raiding groups, right? As for the zerg leveling guilds, I've never had much use for them and think they're mostly for pestering new players and enriching their leaders. For similarly selfish reasons, I'm pretty keen on the Circles idea, which might allow two smaller guilds to coordinate and attempt some higher-level content without trying to merge their cultures and help people keep track of particular friends who make for good fill ins.
  2. GoutTheScout

GoutTheScout New Cupcake

Has guild housing been mentioned at all? I suppose you could designate someone's character house as the guild's house but it would be interesting to see a more communal type area where your guild's achievements could be shown off. You could let your guild members all contribute to the design (IIRC this may be possible with player houses as well). And going along with the whole rest XP bonus in your house deal you could have that extend to all guild members who rest there. Maybe even something where members who logged off in the guild house have their characters sort of lounging around the instance or doing chores or something, give it a kind of home-y feel.
  3. Sabre070

Sabre070 Cupcake-About-Town

Perks and levels no, please no.

Tools and features:
    • In game forums/semi-persistant communication (for all members, not just MotD)
    • Calendars
    • Guild Housing
    • Custom Rank Names
    • Player notes
    • Group invite lists
    • Players raid locks maybe?
    • Actual sections for links and info for websites or voice servers, rather than just a single description
    Semi-persistent perks/bonuses are confirmed in this article:
    http://wildstaronline.de/threads/exklusives-interview-mit-tiffany-chu-joe-piepiora.4126/#post-12773
    F8L Fool likes this.
  4. JoeDragon

JoeDragon Cupcake-About-Town

I personally don't like Guild Leveling. I thought I would but once it was introduced in WoW it just became another Grind that made it harder for smaller guilds to recruit. Everyone wants to join a guild that already has all the perks.

What I would like to see is anything that brings Guild Members together. Guild Halls, Guild Bazaars, things like that.
    Kleev likes this.
  5. Yakzan

Yakzan "That" Cupcake

I'd like to chime on the guild leveling thing which I had done in a now relatively ancient thread. The guild leveling/perk system as WoW did it was not good at all. The benefits were so powerful that it turns from "Extra neat things for guilds!" to another system gamed by players to gain maximum advantages. If some guild leveling system were to be used, it should give no mechanical benefits like WoW did, but rather something guild specific and primarily cosmetic, such as banners, emblems, etc. As soon as you given mechanical benefits, it will be gamed despite your best design intentions.
    Kleev likes this.
  6. Awesomnius

Awesomnius New Cupcake

I agree with Sabre, no guild leveling please. As for Perks, I'd only back that if it's something that's level across the board (as in no bonuses to perk research or something for having more players).

I'd like to see something like a guild market though, where guildies can post the stuff they want to sell to other guildies without having to pay the market fee (all the MMOs I've played have a market fee).
  7. Screenager

Screenager Cupcake-About-Town

If they can get the guild management tools right I would be happy at jsut that much :)

But if we are waxing lyrical yeah a guild housing would be fantastic
  8. Ilieanna

Ilieanna Cupcake

I don't want to see guild leveling either... but definitely have the tools needed for guilds to function at peak performance.
  9. Venom

Venom Cupcake

Perks and levels yes, and a guild tax system! if you don't like it go play a single RPG

The gains should only be guild relevant, and or visual effects, there should be no gain on players levelling. strength etc.
  10. Lesh

Lesh Cupcake

Allow guilds to create coalitions. It's really hard to create guilds large enough for 40man raids and nobody ever wants to merge. Plus coalitions would work great for pvp.
  11. F8L Fool

F8L Fool Cupcake-About-Town

Great find. Here are some things I really took note of in regards to guilds:

I don't know about everyone else, but that sounds like a different approach to the Guild Wars 2 model.
  12. Flannan

Flannan Cupcake

I would like to see some sort of guild tax on any money that you loot, nothing large enough to impact your own monetary gain, but enough that during raids you can use the guild money to repair gear.
  13. Sabre070

Sabre070 Cupcake-About-Town

It should be an optional slider - people can set it high or low depending on their guild.