1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Guilds & Social

Discussion in 'Guilds, Circles and Warparties General' started by Nemeses, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Nemeses

Nemeses Well-Known Cupcake

Bit sad to see they not implementing Guild Hall/Housing, (or if they are they not said it yet), tho from the conversations I had with Dev's at Rezzed, seems highly doubtful (and no Warplots are NOT guild houses/halls!) ..even tho one of the Dev's tried to palm me off with this :D

Guild halls or housing adds a central place for the guild to meet up and mess a round, will use Lotro as an example whist I/we were in this game (guild still is under the name Rohan Riders) I could go to our guild hall at anytime and there would be guys/gals sitting in the guild pool, or having little one on one matches/competition or just playing some weired version of touch (everyone cheated :p)

(Adding it later is not a answer, every mmo has said this, and its never helped them)

Guild Tax, something else I would like to see implemented, yes I know some people are anti this, but its a easy way to get guild funds, which we use for things like raid potions, add to the guild weekly lottery etc. Guilds and guild members can have the choice to opt in or out (i.e guild decides as unit if Tax is on or not). We never a a guild never experienced any issues with a guild tax, we upfront and open about it to all members before they join so then the choice is theirs!

These things and many more add fabric to the game, I bet every single person on these forums have played a MMO long passed the date they were really enjoying it, but stayed because they were happy in and liked talking to their guild mates!!

This is what I want for Wildstar!
  2. Ico

Ico Moderator • WSC's Gentle Flower

It kind of is though, if they let you tp to your warplot out of combat as well, there's not much else that it could offer :p.

That being said I would like guild starship instances as non combat guild housing.
  3. Ayora

Ayora Cupcake-About-Town

*clears throat* Guild housing? mmm no thank you. Don't like it in any mmo, never really saw the point other than social aspects and NPC's, which are kinda covered by own housing. Which to be honest you could all just congregade at your leaders house or something.

Guild Tax :up: totally agree. It's a good little mini gold sink in a way, as well as benefitting guilds.
  4. Nemeses

lol talk about missing the point
  5. Nemeses

Nope so every-time you lose or even if you win your personal spot could be gone, guild halls/housing adds to the social side of the game, where it can never hurt a game it certainly can add to it, quite a lot in some instances.
  6. Ayora

Ayora Cupcake-About-Town

Then make your point, I've made my opinion clear. Perhaps you should elaborate more rather than saying something short and not explanitory.

Guild housing would ruin what they are trying to achieve, a game where you can actually run around AND SEE OTHER PLAYERS playing. The house feature alone covers a huge social aspect, adding another 'hide-away' would just empty the world even further.
    Apostate, Nyxis and Sapien like this.
  7. Nyxis

Nyxis Cupcake-About-Town

Talk about being constructive.
    Apostate likes this.
  8. Ico

I don't follow, I believe guilds/warparties keep their inparticular warplot on an instance like personal housing, so then you just battle, repair/repeat.

With the effort to capture raidbosses, build and upgrade elements I find it strange that you'd have to make one from scratch every game, would also ruin the persistent element of "buying a warplot" if it constantly reset to a blank state.

I don't think guild housing adds too much in a game with personal housing already implemented. You'd need additional features such as upgraded crafting stations etc etc. Or more guild orientated/achievement decor stuff (boss heads).
  9. Gronky

Gronky Cupcake-About-Town

IMO, there should be as much for guilds as possible. Guilds promotes social aspect of the game. So guild housing, achievements, guild experience, taxes, competition between guilds of some kind and whatever else should be added if possible from the start. It would be great.

It may be destroyed after a fight or two. I don't think that warplot is going to rebuild after every fight and raid bosses get resurrected. But who knows.
  10. Ico

I'd love to carry on speculating, but at this point there's no facts, we'll just have to wait and see!
  11. Ceodoc

Ceodoc Cupcake-About-Town

No to guildhalls, populate cities/meeting areas as much as possible. Very important for the world is full feel of the game.

Guild Taxes-Essential. Even if it is a tiny fraction of lootable coin.....or even better a slider! :devilish:

And if they manage to fix warplots back to Guild vs Guild (arguably the diamond of this game*), then don't make them guild hubs either.

* after 40man ofc ;p
    Ayora likes this.
  12. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

They have already said that after a Warplot match your team must rebuild aspects that have been broken during combat.

Also, They've already said that guilds will have a Guild Currency and that, if you're in a group with guildies, Guild Currency will automatically drop/go into your guild funds.
    Ceodoc likes this.
  13. Nemeses

lol really? what was the reason I would like to see guild housing figure that out ... but don't worry wont waste me time replying to you again!
    This.
    While they keep it in their own instance, it can be destroyed and think most times it will be if you loose, then you need to rebuild it. I very much doubt a captured raid boss stays there for ever, more likely used for a one off battle, then you need to get it again.
    This again :D

Keeping or making a game social keeps it alive a lot longer and makes the community a lot better, I have still yet to see a MMO community like lotro, unfortunately all we ever see is a wow community everywhere these days.
    Yup, but this does not mean their will be guild halls/housing in game.
  14. Ico

I like the idea of it showing war wounds. Also it means an upkeep mechanic that truly is upkeep as opposed to some random deduction to the GM/Guild bank's gold stores.
  15. Nemeses

Yup agree with this a 100% but this should not be a reason (I mean having warplots) not to have guild halls/house
  16. Fishsticks

Fishsticks Cupcake-About-Town

This is assuming the guild halls would be instanced outside of a city (very likely but not 100% guaranteed)

Echo'd - I'm not really sure of the difference between Warplots and guild housing (largely because they havent said too much about either really). I see Warplots very much as instanced housing for large groups of people to construct/contribute towards that can also be used in PvP somehow...to me this sounds like guild housing with additional features already added in.

Also, for <REDACTED>'s sake Nemeses it's spelled "lose" not "loose".
  17. Malachi

Malachi Cupcake-About-Town

Well, you'll just have to meet up at my bar instead! :) :) :)
    Fishsticks likes this.
  18. Scoriae

Scoriae Cupcake

Hmmm, what if settlers could build a Guild Hall sort of thing in a town? A place where different guilds can go to meet up with each other or with their own guild in a private room. And non-guilded players can go speak with people who lead or just are in guilds and post a LFGuild bulletin or something so guild leaders can check them out for recruitment. Just a thought. I don't know how helpful or redundant this would be. Maybe it would just be there instead of having to be built.
    Ceodoc likes this.
  19. Symphus

Symphus New Cupcake

I always liked guild halls, made us all feel like we had a place to belong in the game (aside from your own player housing). You would think warplots would fit this need, but I think after a siege you could walk into your warplot to fix it. I have no idea how it's going to work but this is my guess. You would probably just need to transfer materials from your bank to the warplot to auto fix anything through a terminal.
  20. Freelancer

Freelancer Cupcake-About-Town

Carbine please make our lives 20x easier and add an *optional* guild tax system.