1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Hai, I like this

Discussion in 'Personal Introductions' started by Rummie, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Rummie

Rummie New Cupcake

Heyyyyyyyyyy,

I'm not exactly new around here, but I mostly hang out in the chat room. Since Wildstar is starting to jump back onto my radar, I thought I'd say 'HEY!' before posting a lot more on this forum.

So yeah.

Hi.

And stuff.

Can't wait to see you guys around. *insert sexy, creepy wink here* (what?)

2. Rumze

Rumze "That" Cupcake

Hey bud welcome to the forums!

Rummie likes this.
  3. Chizuna

Chizuna New Cupcake

Here's a formal welcome to the WSC Personal Introduction thread.

Welcome.

Kindest Regards,
    Chizuna.

Rummie likes this.
  4. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Welcome to the WSC family, hope you enjoy it in here as much as I do :D

Rummie likes this.
  5. Kataryna

Kataryna Super Cupcake

Official Random Kat Welcome Welcome! :D Please Continue to Enjoy your stay here at WSC! :)

Rummie likes this.
  6. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

Welcome to WSC (WildStar Central).

Are you more interested in PvE or PvP? Have you decided on a faction, race, class, role, and Path?

What are your interests outside of gaming?

Random not-Kat question, what is the craziest thing you have seen while working in Hollywood?

Rummie likes this.
  7. Rummie

Rummie New Cupcake

Thanks!

I like a little of both. I'm mostly someone who enjoys playing whatever the group I'm playing with enjoys, and if that's PvE or PvP - I'm down. I'm just looking for a good time.

I thinkkkkk I'm going Exile, Aurin, Esper (how original, right?) - but I'm all about having something else win me over when I play it / finding a guild that I like and following them to a faction. I don't think I could say no to playing as a Chua either.

I work on a tv show right now, so I have so little time to actually breathe right now, which is a bummer. BUT - I do like to hang out at bars with friends (I swear I'm not an alcoholic), check out local concerts, and go on adventures whenever I can.

Wow - that's a loaded question. I've seen a LOT of things in Los Angeles - some would be considered everyday occurrences, but I guess the craziest thing I've seen.... was several Batmobiles rolling down the street, heading toward a convention. That might have been one of the cooler moments, honestly.

Fun fact: I once was in a contest where I was a fugitive for a month and had to run across the United States / hide from people who knew about the contest in order to win a large sum of money.

-- And THANKS to everyone: for the warm welcome! The community here already seems awesome.

8. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

Details on this contest please. I would have changed my name to Richard Kimble, no one would have expected it.

9. Rummie

Rummie New Cupcake

Haha.

It's quite a long story, but I'll try to be brief:

I saw that there was a contest to enter for the film 'Repomen' (with Forest Whittaker and Jude Law) where you would be one of four people chosen to "run" across the United States and allude people interested in catching you (which was basically anyone who wanted $7,500 cash and knew about the contest). I entered and surprisingly heard back. They interviewed me and eventually I was one of the chosen four contestants. I went to the Universal lot and they handed me a one way ticket to a random location (New Orleans) and I flew out the next day.

For the next 30 days, I woke up each morning without knowing whether or not I would even be in the same state at the end of the day (I spanned across 10 states over the entirety of the contest). I would receive a "task" that I would have to perform everyday and provide evidence for (pictures or video). Tasks would range from "spending two hours at the local zoo" to "go to a restaurant and ask a local what to order on teh menu." The contest runners would then POST the pictures/videos we took of us performing these tasks to the public, so we had to be careful about how we showed us doing certain tasks - or else people would figure out what part of the United States we were in.

Two of the other runners ended up getting caught and I made it to the finish line to win, having met up with and driven the other contestant who needed help to get to the final destination. It was a wild ride and definitely one of the coolest stories I tell at cocktail parties - although my life is pretty crazy.

Fun anecdote: I was in New Orleans and woke up in the morning to posts online, saying that people KNEW I was in N'orleans. My task for the day was to ride a bus line full circle and people were sending PICTURES OF MY FACE on wanted signs to all of the local bus companies. I freaked out and packed, walked outside of my hostel and hailed a cab. I broke down crying and LIED to the cabby, saying I needed to get to Baton Rouge, because my friend was in a hospital there and I didn't have much money. He believed me (I still feel horrible) and he discounted my two hour ride there to be something less than $100. When I got to Baton Rouge, I was dropped off in the middle of the street by the confused cabby, where I said my thanks and set up my laptop and mifi to be able to figure out where the local busline was (since I could not use a mobile phone).

Tribe likes this.
  10. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

I hope you had a chance to return to New Orleans another time when you could actually enjoy it. It is an amazing city. Living there would be one way to die fat and happy. I'm salivating like one of Pavlov's <REDACTED>es, just thinking about its cuisine.

What was the closest anyone got to catching you?

11. Rummie

Rummie New Cupcake

I actually haven't been able to return to New Orleans, and that happens to be the place that I loved the most during my time on the run! I stayed in the India House for six days (the most I ever stayed in any one place, let alone State). I was also pretty poor because they only gave up $500 a week for travel AND food, so most days I was only able to eat ramen noodles from the food dispenser at the India House, which is a bummer. I did get to experience a much less "tourist" life there though by visiting local stores to avoid people. And out of all those nights, I braved Bourbon Street and a place called "The Spotted Cat" only once.

The only other time I was scared was when I had to go to a Robot Convention in New York city and people KNEW that the runners were either at PAX, this Robot Convention, a Comic Con in Florida, or SXSW in Texas. I went with a friend in New York dressed in a wig and a black peacoat so I could blend in with the crowd in mute colors. I was shaking out of terror, but I was fine in the end. No one ever really got close to catching me (or at least, I don't know of any time period that people were close to me) besides the time they knew I was in New Orleans. I was pretty careful about the pictures/videos I took, and if there was ever anything that could give off clues of where I was, I would either photoshop blur it with silly stuff (pictures of unicorns and dinosaurs) or edit/dub the video in Final Cut Pro to throw people off. After a while, the contest runners had to ban me from using those programs because no one was getting any clues of where I was. It wasn't like the people following the contest were dull by any means - they once knew a guy was in a certain city in Arizona because in his picture was a plant that only existed in that particular part of the country. And someone RECOGNIZED that / figured it out. The other guy who won alongside me only got so far because he would hide in scary neighborhoods and hitch rides on trucks (which I couldn't do, because I'm a girl). He almost NEVER completed his tasks and whenever you don't complete a task, your GPS locations were released for the last 24 hours up until that moment, so people knew EXACTLY where you were. He was just good at getting to places that he knew people wouldn't look for him.

This all probably sounds crazy. It was crazy.

Tribe likes this.
  12. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

I think I've actually been to The Spotted Cat. Let me know if you ever visit New Orleans again. I can recommend a few things for you to do.

13. Nicodemus

Nicodemus Well-Known Cupcake

Welcome to the Vocal part of WSC, Cya round the forums