1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

hard to kill things as an engineer in pvp?

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Xecks, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

i dont know about you but i have a hard time killing opponets in pvp. i have high sustained damage but little to no burst. which means i can stick on someone and wear them down but if someone is healing even if i use my stun properly i cant get them down. it seems they nerfed electrocute t8 so what hope for some burst has gone away.

anyone else running into the same problems?
  2. t209

t209 Cupcake

I actually do not noticed that. I am just figuring out what skill I should use (does flak cannon a good substitute for pulse shot? What does Mortar Strike do? and etc.)
  3. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

i actually figured out my problem. i wasnt using my innate as much as i shouldve
  4. Felion

Felion Cupcake-About-Town

And perhaps switch up the volatility dump from electrocute to Mortar Strike, it's harder to land but when it lands it has the potential to take out someone at 1/3 health... Not necessarily more damage but definitely more bursty.
  5. Xecks

Xecks Cupcake-About-Town

when do you get mortar strike btw?
  6. t209

t209 Cupcake

Level 15, I think.
  7. Felion

Felion Cupcake-About-Town

I think so too, along with several other spells that allow you to go quite bursty. Energy Auger, Bio Shell, then you're ready to unload all your instant bursts. Could nearly one shot someone if his shield is depleted and you crit back to back (bio shell + mortar + quick burst + unsteady anomaly hits the target at approximately the same time), provided you're in an offensive build. Just need to watch out for mortar's tendency to jump over enemies, so you've gotta position before nuking. A dodge backward followed by a series of burst works for me every time.