1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

[Hardware] Surround?

Discussion in 'Gaming Arena' started by Mellkor, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Mellkor

Mellkor Well-Known Cupcake

Anyone using Nvidia Surround on 6xx generation hardware?

What sort of Fps are you getting and on what games?
    Looking at getting a single card for a triple surround solution... (hopefully in time for wildstar)
  2. Pastar

Pastar New Cupcake

Single 4gb EVGA GTX 680 FTW here. Running 3 x 24" monitors at a res of 5760 x 1080. Quad Core i5 at 3.6ghz.

WoW- everything on High/Good 45-60 fps drops to 30.
    BF3- everything on High 45-50 fps.
    GW2- everything on High 40 fps drops to 25.
    Assassin's Creed 3- everything on High 45 fps drops to 30.
    Dirt 3- Everything on Ultra 50-55 fps.
    Far Cry 3- Everything on Good 30-45 fps drops to 25.
    Skyrim- Everyting on Medium- 40 fps drops to 30.
  3. Mellkor

I know that i posted this awhile ago, But i really appreciate the post i recently got a slightly better card then what i have, although better its not sufficient (getting about 20fps @ 3x24-5760x1080)

Those stats you posted above look quite nice.
  4. Strydder

Strydder New Cupcake

It sounds like you're still looking for an upgrade though I highly recommend you wait a couple weeks until AMD releases their new "Hawaii" GPU lineup, which sounds like its going to force NVidia to do some major price drops to stay competitive.

-Back to OP-
    I use to use dual 660ti in surround and could play games on high but there would be a noticeable drop in performance sometimes but then I upgraded to a single gtx780(now I use 2) and I could throw any game at it at ultra setting in 5760x1080 with really smooth and consistent performance, there was really a remarkable difference. So if you're really serious about gaming in surround I would go dual cards or bite the bullet and get a top of the line card.
  5. Mellkor

Like you say, The solution is always obvious: More money = more performance.

However, Money is always a problem, 1 gtx780 is 850AUD which is far out of my price range.
    I was looking at getting something more affordable: a (single) gtx660 or gtx670 at the most..

But if you reckon a sli 660 could run games on high settings with x amount of slow downs then that might be an option.
  6. Strydder

Strydder New Cupcake

Right now you should wait to buy any card. AMD is supposedly releasing a card that out performs NVidias top of the line Titan card for only $600 , which is what a 780 sells at. If that's true, I would imagine all NVidias cards being dropped atleast 30% in price.

Maybe the new AMD cards might be a better option than the 6xx series cards. I think the 3rd is when they're released, so you should wait for benchmark and review videos.