1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Having a hard time picking a faction: need help...

Discussion in 'WildStar Races' started by Destian, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Destian

Destian Cupcake-About-Town

So there are some good things and bad things on each faction in my eyes...

Dominion
    Pros:
    -Playing a Chua with a mustache would be the definition of awesome.
    -If we can make fat character models, I can have a Mechari named "Fatbot".

Cons:
    -It's kinda like playing for "Team Wal-Mart".
    -No playable Jem'Hadar (trolololol).

Exiles
    Pros:
    -Beer-drinking, cigar-smoking rock golems? HELL yes!
    -Mordesh are badass, no question.
    -The male Aurin look awesome as spellslingers.

Cons:
    There's one REAL con, and it's sadly a big one...

When I played Tera, the elin race (which looked and acted like 12 year old anime girls) attracted a certain element to the game that was...batcrap crazy. Basically, these people loved elins so much that they were outraged when EME put shorts on them (so they didn't look like little girls running around in panties) and were perfectly content if PvP balance was stacked in the elins' favor because they just loved elins THAT much and couldn't fathom why overall game balance couldn't be compromised for them.

I'm concerned that some of the same element might be drawn to the Aurin, in which case I would probably be happier on the Dominion where I could spend all day killing them.

So people, you've been here longer than I have: Have you seen any weird, creepy people who are overly obsessed with the Aurin?

I think I'd rather play Exile (if only they hadn't painted the Dominion in such a bad light) and I think some of the races are awesome, but I just don't want to be standing in a sea of female Aurin, thinking "Oh god, it's Tera all over again..."
    Yinello and Nyanta like this.
  2. FelixAkuma

FelixAkuma Cupcake-About-Town

To your question about the Aurins, Honestly no, the only similarity to Elin is that they have animals ears and tails and really that is where the similarity ends, Female aurins are WOMEN not GIRLS haha, yes i've spoken to a few girl gamers on here being obsessed with the Aurins but nothing like Elin.. Not sure what else to say dude, if that's the only con then put that aside because i don't think you have anything to worry about, Come join the Exile's and be a space pirate :3
  3. Destian

The Aurin are definitely not THAT similar to elins (as you said, they're ADULTS) and there are also males.

I just didn't want to plunge headlong into something I'd regret later.
    FelixAkuma likes this.
  4. FelixAkuma

I promise you won't regret it, and i don't make promises i can't keep ;)

Come join me in the Chua extermination

... Or as some of us like to call it.. Pest control :p
  5. Mordakai

Mordakai Cupcake

I also had concerns about the Aurin the first time I saw them, but they are a legit race, not just humans with ears painted on.

Plus, Carbine is not some Fetish game company...
    Nyanta, Destian and FelixAkuma like this.
  6. Destian

Hah, yeah, that was my thought.

My fiancee summed it up nicely when she pointed out one simple fact: If the elins weren't someone's fetish, would they ever have been in the game?

Tera would've been so much better if they had just removed elins from the NA version. Sure, some creepy people would've complained, but the rest of us could've enjoyed the game in peace...
  7. THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!!

THIS AURINS ON FIRE!!!!!! Cupcake-About-Town

the aurin are my favorite race, in fact i will play a male aurin:D. i like the aurin because the have a unique back story and look thats just so awesome. if you haven't read the aurin lore you should.........its sad and pretty cool at the same time
  8. Tribe

Tribe Well-Known Cupcake

Welcome to WildStar Central. Here is a link to the Personal Introductions Forum. You are not required to post there but doing so is a good way to meet some of our friendliest members. Tell Kat I said hi.

My own rule of thumb is to pick the faction with the most races I like. After reading your post, that would seem to be Exile for you.

Online + anonymity = breeding ground for creepers. Ignore, report, camp, etc., them. I am not aware of an excessive amount of Aurin creepers. However many they end up numbering, it probably won't be much worse than the cult of Chua creepers.

You mean besides This AURINS Excessive Punctuation?
  9. Domi Dayglow

Domi Dayglow Super Cupcake

If you wander these forums enough, it's kind of easy to see a lot of fun chua vs. aurin banter. I kind of like it. The aurin's backstory their homeworld turned into a wasteland by chua built machines is a nice part of the story for me.

I don't think it would be so bad in Wildstar. There will be creepy, stalker people. It is the internet after all.
  10. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

You know you want a Chua with a mustache and a sombrero ;)

As for the Aurins....you are correct, they attract the worst people in here! Just look at those who answered to you and wanna play Aurins....:sneaky:
    Or as MOST of us call it....a dream!

Don't go listen to this guy....the only thing he's good in is comming up with nice fantasy stories :D
    Wait....you talking about the same company who has ''Frost'' in it? The guy who wants to be called ''Daddy'' by everyone?.....yeh, right...:cautious:
    Need I say more? This guy just confirmes my first section about the Aruin :up:
    See? Even this guy thinks the Chua are better then the Aurin! :inlove:
    I'll rest my case, since there will be many more ''aurin lovers/wannabe's'' that will prove my point :coffee:

For the Dominion!
    For science!
    For the CHUA!!!!!!

(home of the best siggy's on the WSC)
    Kidney likes this.
  11. FelixAkuma

Excuuuuuuse me?

This ... from...[​IMG] you? Girl you fuuuugly!

But on a lighter note..
    [​IMG]
    Cup of Chua anyone?
  12. Destian

We can create characters on both factions, correct?

This game actually seems like it would be worth playing through on both sides just for the storyline.
  13. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

Not on a PvP server.
  14. Destian

Makes sense.
  15. Habanero

Habanero New Cupcake

follow your heart not your head. That's my advice and that's what I do.
    or in other words - follow what you like, what's more sympathetic rather than avoiding what you fear...

Personally, I instantly liked the Granok in the first cinematic trailer. The pseudo-military-attitude on the D-side, I strongly detest, so my choice is clear.

Yeah, I probably will miss the chua, though
  16. Yinello

Yinello Cupcake-About-Town

Granok, you know you wanna!

Just kidding, but you've got the time to make up your mind so don't panic!

Also I always thought and will think that the Elin is just a big fat no that should not have been accepted as a fantasy race.
    Destian likes this.
  17. Ysme

Ysme Cupcake

In my limited experirnce of MMO's

Prelaunch Comunity boards do not really reflect the overall popln you get in the games, sadly as most prelaunch forums commuities are generally really fun peeps.

As other have said there will always be a certain element in everygame however some games do shove anime type prebubescent girl characters and imagery in your face as part of the games visual design look. Wildstar I'm pleased to see does not.

There is also class restrictions with the races chosen to consider.
    So if you want to play Warrior you don't get floppy ears and a fluffy tale.
    I quite like this as it does mean that you don't get the "squee squee look at me" brigade running around with super huge phallic appendage replacements playing rough tough super cute warriors (Thank you Carbine).

I also like that that it means there will be plenty of race diversity on both sides.

We wont talk about the Space Gerbils though ....

Nearly forgot to say..if you don't PvP it really makes little difference. Find a cool group to game with and follow the gang to whichever option they choose. There's cool stuff on both sides
    Destian likes this.
  18. Destian

I have horror stories about arguing with elin fans on Tera's official forum about why they shouldn't get worked up about the fact that there would no longer be panty shots due to the change in elin armor.

It was like arguing with a group of mental patients. I'm thrilled that WS doesn't have anything similar to attract the crazies...
    Yinello likes this.
  19. Destian

I'd have to name him "Chuacabra".
    Extatica likes this.
  20. FelixAkuma

Funny... I'd call him mexican road kill... :|