Healer Classes

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by kanochi, Jun 4, 2013.

1. kanochi

kanochi Cupcake-About-Town

I was wondering what exactly is going to be the difference between the healer classes in how they play/spells and such. I don't know if any information has been released about them or not, but I was hoping to learn a bit so I can figure out which class I would like to heal with. = P

Esper sounds like to me just from it's name to be your standard kinda priest healer. I have absolutely no clue if that is true or not though haha.

Spellslinger uses guns so I don't know? I guess you shoot your allies to heal them hehe. Sounds more like a focused single target healer to me preferring instant heals over HoTs and such.

If anyone has any information on the healers/healing in Wildstar I would love to hear about it. ^^

If nothing else I'd like to hear what class everyone is interested in healing with. ^^
  2. Baeldan

Baeldan Cupcake-About-Town

Judging by gameplay videos the Spellslinger has a lot of line and cone aoes and charge-up single target abilities so maybe if the healing is similar then they'll have cone heals and strong single target heals? That's super weak speculation though. Chances are I'll be healing on a Spellslinger though unless the rifle class turns out to be super-rad.
    kanochi likes this.
  3. Kluzu

Kluzu Cupcake

From the patch notes it looked like the Spellslinger had mostly cone heals and channels while the Esper kind of looked like it had basic heals, healing in a line ahead of them, and maybe some healing summoned companion.

Also not sure about Esper, but Spellslinger also has a stunbreak that turns into a bubble after 4s too, which is pretty cool.
    kanochi likes this.
  4. kanochi

Ah. ^^ Thank you for the replies, Spellslinger sounds pretty neat, the cone heals and all seems like it would be a lot of fun. I might end up healing with Spellslinger though I'm still pretty interested in the Esper. >.<

But thank you a lot for the replies. ^^ Will have to find out more about the healer classes gets closer to the starting date. ^^
  5. Risetta

Risetta New Cupcake

I saw in one of the videos (movement I think) an Esper run behind, past a buddy and heal him with what looked like leaves. The esper wasn't facing this guy, just running in a different direction. Spellslinger reminds me of SWToR gun classes Commando/Mercenary and Scoundrel/Operative healers that shoot you to heal you. It was rather funny to look at but it they were pretty fun to me.

I'm getting nostalgic and want to play ToR again just to wield my lightsaber.
    Irullan and kanochi like this.
  6. Nunchi

Nunchi Cupcake

edit: nevermind not saying
    Scoriae likes this.
  7. Crimzen

Crimzen Cupcake

Yeah, a lot of information is pure speculation at this point heh, but you can check out the most recent beta patch notes they released and look at some of the class abilities and Milestones ( towards the middle of the page I think). So far it looks like Espers, using psychic abilities and illusions, have a lot of AoE healing, buffs, and healing orbs that they drop and spell-slingers are more the focused area or single target heals, but again it's hard to say. There's still one more healing class that is yet to be announced and I think there are some targeted healing abilities that are thrown in the mix as well heh.

In any case though I hope you figure out the perfect healing class for you :), let us know what you end up deciding.
    kanochi likes this.
  8. kanochi

Oooh that sounds really neat, lol sounds like my type of ability. *Run around aimlessly to heal people mode active!* Sadly I never played SWToR though. >.< So I have no clue lol, but that does sound interesting.

Ah, thank you for the link. ^^ Didn't know there was beta patch notes accessible to the public lol, figured you'd have to be in the beta to see things like that. >.< I will have to check it out and yeah for sure once I figure out which class I want to play I will let you know. = P
  9. Harper

Harper New Cupcake

I am thinking Esper over Spellslinger! I originally wanted Spellslinger, having read and researched more, it sounds like the Esper is for moi! Thanks for this thread, it helped a lot in my decision!
    kanochi likes this.
  10. Azalus

Azalus Cupcake

I'm personally going Spellslinger because honestly, the concept behind the class is a perfect fit for me, both as dps and as a healer.
    kanochi likes this.
  11. Amenar

Amenar New Cupcake

It would be nice with some positioning and mobile instead of the standard "stay here and target"
    kanochi likes this.
  12. kanochi

Esper seems really nice. ^^ I think I am leaning more towards Esper at the moment myself, when I saw the magical unicorn that was pretty epic lol, but I'm glad it helped you out. ^^

Spellslinger is a very intriguing class I am really interested in how the effects for them are going to look if the heals are going to be launched from the guns and such or if they will be using magic in other ways.

I think with all the cones and AoE, and just overall the kinda action combat setup Wildstar is going for there will be a lot of moving around and positioning involved in the healing process. ^^
  13. Irullan

Irullan Cupcake

I thought the same thing :) I healed on both a sage and a scoundrel in swtor- spellslinger seems most comparable to the merc/scoundrel type! It really felt like the gunslinger type healer was over buffed in swtor- perhaps as a way to get people interested in a new archetype of healer. I think it is interesting to break away from priest/sage model- but I am not sure esper really falls into that either! It feels very unique- maybe a bit like mesmer in GW2? Either way- Wildstar certainly has its own flare- can't wait to see where they take these classes!
    kanochi likes this.
  14. Lylliannah

Lylliannah New Cupcake

After looking at that ability post, I'm considering esper now too. :laugh: I'm still not settled on anything yet, however. I want to see what the unrevealed classes are first.
    kanochi likes this.
  15. kanochi

Yeah the Esper seems to have some really interesting abilities that aren't common among the usual healer classes, I am really looking forward to seeing how both classes end up. ^^ Lol I played the Mesmer quite a bit in GW2 so that is a good sign I guess lol.

Yeah for sure can't wait to see what the new class is going to be and how it's going to turn out, may have to change my mind yet again and end up going with that if it's something I really like. = P
    Lylliannah likes this.
  16. Ellianar

Ellianar Cupcake-About-Town

I don't know exactly about the style in itself ( like a healer focused on HoT, another on direct slow heal )

But a beta tester who did stormtalon's lair with both esper and gunslinger healer said "both class have a really unique feeling" as to say we'll not see 3 times the same hrealing mechanics and each classes will have his uniqueness and I love it!
  17. kanochi

Well that is very reassuring. ^^ In the end I may have to make one of each healer lol just to play them all.
  18. Scoriae

Scoriae Cupcake

Spellslinger is very tempting, but I think if I make a healer I'll choose the <REDACTED>.
  19. lelouch

lelouch Cupcake

Spellslinger & Esper are both interesting.
    i think u should try them both out during the beta and ask around.
    I don't really think there is op healer in every mmo ever healer has there own unique ability.
    I always say don't judgment not there looks.

Swtor most people pref Sorcerer/Sage & Commando and Mercenary. But what they didn't realize that Operative and Scoundrels where the Best healers. I have all heal form both factions. Commando could spam heal. Sages had high heals plus shielding. What operative than make op was the pork healing when time we proke we would heal for free most people complaining about it. If played right u would easy beat a any healer form raid to pvp best about is we where ninja healers ^^ Before we die we just Stealth are way and saves a repair bill :D.

Tera

U have 2 healing classes

Priest AOE, High heals, Buffs

Mystic Great Buffs, Balls

I fond the priest to easy class to play. Beside that high heal i fond priest boring class to play.
    I think about priest is have nothing special still most the priest Power, Defense 2x, out of combat speed. Arise, shielding buff that rarely seen a priest use in pve/pvp. even in the general chat/forums tera cry about there class want buffs like a mystic. Because the most cases in end game people don't take priest because have the triple crit/mana Aura, Mana balls Classes like Sorc, Zerker Slayer Eat lot of mana with a mystic with there getting second 20 mana back. And pick up mana balls keep dpsing. When a priest dies every one dies. when mystic drop tons of HP/Mana balls had the HP ball ghylped every one is fine

Aion short story

Cleric high heals

Chanter had the buffs

Wow

i don't have much say because didn't try out all healing classes only the monk healer
    I fond paladins and druids interesting healers as well
  20. Genoshock

Genoshock Cupcake-About-Town

i would assume 1 of the last classes would be a main healer type .... like assult healing support damage

or even better assault healing support tanking .... i wish !!!!