1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Healers in wildstar

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Bazeleel, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Bazeleel

Bazeleel Cupcake-About-Town

I am a big support player. I am curious what healing class others are thinking about taking?

I like that they have both aimed skills and target healing skills. I haven't seen a class yet that I would want to play as a healer. The medic has not been shown but I think that will be my healer of choice. Unless one of the other ones is really unique.
    Appledelhi likes this.
  2. Dokk

Dokk New Cupcake

Interested to know if all 3 are viable at all times, or are some going to be raid called over others in certain situations, hopefully not.
  3. Extatica

Extatica Super Cupcake

For me it's 100% clear already:
    Medic > Esper > Spellslinger
    Hob and Flawz like this.
  4. Kytty

Kytty Cupcake-About-Town

Im waiting to see what the <REDACTED> healing class is but Im leaning similar to Extatica until I have further information. Its been such a long time since I raid healed (I dont count MoP LFR as raid healing since you dont really need to do much) so Im hoping that I can get the hang of controls and action based combat easy enough.

Squeeeee Im so excited I might just wet my britches
    FelixAkuma likes this.
  5. Sylph

Sylph Cupcake

From what is known as of now I think I'll be rolling Esper. The more info revealed on the Esper's healing style the more I am mesmerized by their bene"fish"al spells! ;D
    [​IMG]
    JaeKin, Prof. Walrus and Veckna like this.
  6. Destian

Destian Cupcake-About-Town

So long as your healing efforts don't flounder, most any party would place their fate in your carpable hands.
    JaeKin, Bobdolewins, Tidezen and 4 others like this.
  7. Bazeleel

I want a class to be like the cloromancer from rift. Only good if you where good at the class:)
    Kataryna likes this.
  8. FelixAkuma

FelixAkuma Cupcake-About-Town

Honestly.. The visuals alone make me not shy away from the idea of healing as i tended to do in the past :p
  9. Dirty Outlaw

Dirty Outlaw Cupcake-About-Town

well looking at this I can now say when I get healed by some random stranger.

"so long, and thanks for all the fish"
  10. Iskiab

Iskiab Cupcake

Chloro was a one button class, it was hardly skillful.

From what I've seen the spellslinger will be the way to go for healing. It's early yet, but despite the narrow healing cone spellslingers have the mobility to allow you to stay on target. The esper will have problems staying on target because they're immobile.

For PvE esper might be OK though if they can heal in a short range setup like they can for dpsing. Might actually be pretty strong.

In general the targeting system for wildstar looks fun and will make playing more skilful, but I'm not sure about healing. If there's a flaw with the system healing is where it will show. Hopefully there are very little heals that only hit one target so you don't accidentally heal a melee instead of the tank, then again if the strongest heals hit everything in a line you might be able to have the group stand in a line to kill a mob and ignore mechanics. I can see there being issues.
    kongpong and Sonntam like this.
  11. Kytty

Kytty Cupcake-About-Town

That was the FIRST thing that popped in my head when I saw that visual :)
  12. Bazeleel

It was? Not back at launch. They must have changed the class drastically then.
  13. Rial

Rial Cupcake

I don't really like the style of the Spellslinger, and the light blue of the Esper's attacks doesn't appeal to me either, so I'm kinda hoping the unrevealed healer class will be interesting.
    Sonntam likes this.
  14. Joshua Goodsell

Joshua Goodsell New Cupcake

The dungeon footage that had been shown off so far makes it seem like it would take some form of coordination for this. Doable, less so in a pug. They have mention abilities hitting first x targets, likely the same with healing. Also from the esper live stream, they made it seem like someone more mobile it would be easier for an esper to heal. I'm quite curious what the skills will be for the sake of pvp.
  15. Bnol

Bnol Cupcake-About-Town

You can easily make the telegraphs do more than just damage (e.g. CC/damage debuffs) to prevent this sort of stand in one spot and aoe heal through everything. I hope they utilize a lot more of these types of effects early on so that it punishes players with having to sit through a CC or have reduced damage output and not just making healing more difficult (obviously the extending of the fight makes healing more difficult, but you can offset this by tighter enrage timers).
  16. FelixAkuma

FelixAkuma Cupcake-About-Town

Honestly.. now i know that you can get 2 amp sets atleast and switch between the two roles.. Due to the fun combat and such of this game i would be quite happy to switch to healer for my party/friends/guild/etc :p

I like the fact that you can level as a DPS spellslinger for example, to max level and then Ping! Also max level healer :)

It's a great idea i feel.
  17. Iskiab

Iskiab Cupcake

I think they mentioned Esper being better at healing mobile tanks because their heals are more of a frontal cone vs spellslingers who heal only directly in front of them. Which will be strongest I'd imagine depends on the player and how good they are at targeting, but being mobile is a huge advantage.

Raiding will be interesting. If they make it so everyone in the telegraph gets healed then it might be possible to stack the raid with healers all using the strongest heals in a line to try to ignore mechanics. If it only heals the first person (or first 5 people) it will be difficult to not accidentally heal mdps rather then the tanks. I don't see an easy solution to how to make healing directional and not have issues.
  18. Flawz

Flawz Cupcake-About-Town

I agree, Medic 2nd character for me :p
    Extatica likes this.
  19. Rek

Rek Cupcake-About-Town

I think the main reason for this actually was that Esper has a lot of direct target healing spells, meaning they only need to have the tank targeted and don't have to worry about aiming at a moving target (they just need to worry about range).

Spellslingers are mobile so they could follow the Stalker around, but it's not as easy that's for sure.