1. Hey Guest! If you're more than just a WildStar fan and want to keep up on the latest MMO news, reviews and opinion pieces then I'd like to suggest you visit our sister site MMO Central

Healers in wildstar

Discussion in 'WildStar Classes & Paths' started by Bazeleel, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Katherine

Katherine Cupcake-About-Town

I was mistaken on the innate, then. You haven't disproven anything other than that... Seriously...

Number one wasn't disproven, at all. What? Explain why it was disproven. You basically went on a random rant about how DPS and Tanks are also freeform. It made zero sense to your argument whatsoever - zero.

Yawn. I've talked about this earlier. One is 100% foolproof regardless of skill. Or do you think yourself infallable? Hah!

Please refer to comment above.

What 'movement heavy' idea? What are you talking about? I just told you Espers have 6-7 instant heals. They do. They can be a mobile healer for the most part, if you take those abilities.

I didn't 'switch' at all. You're talking out of your ass, frankly. Its like you've not read anything, made up a little story in your mind, and ran with it. I'll sum it up nice and simple for you at the end, don't you worry sweet-cheeks.

So you want them to have only AOE heals in their toolset? Yawn! I suppose... you did like Tera...

What silly argument? You've not actually mentioned one in your last drivel. I've never mentioned, once, about Esper PVE (notice I was talking about PvP earlier, which was very clear) focussing on DMG over healing. In PVE (not PvP - please read) you have more time to be stationary, so why would you choose dmg? Unless, of course, you were talking about main healers in PvP - lol.

Finally I'll sum it up nice and simple:

- Targetted heals can prove better in certain PvP situations.
    - Espers have as much, if not more choice than other classes.
    - Espers have a decent enough set of instant heals for fights that require heavy movement at times, including PvP.

Now, if you misinterpret that I worry for you, deeply.

Your issue is you don't listen to other people. You stick with your idea regardless of whether its right or wrong, and don't take part in discussions. You tell, you don't talk. When someone dares to speak against your opinion, you take it as an afront and meander off into the realms of troll. You turn debates into arguments. My problem is I'm bored so replying is more fun at times than doing something useful. Essentially, you get trolled alot, and its so damn easy. If you want decent discussions, recognise other peoples opinions.
    teh_ninjaneer likes this.
  2. Drasas

Drasas Well-Known Cupcake

The only issue I have is with people who assume their opinion is the opinion of all healers. Somebody might like aiming heals while being highly mobile, others might prefer managing resources and casted heals, then you've got the Hybrid folks who like doing both DPS and Heals at the same time. Nobody is right or wrong here people just have different preferences and The devs are giving those 3 types of healers each a class to focus with that. Standing here screaming about how a playstyle you don't enjoy needs to be changed because you think it's going to suck or not be competitive with absolutely no evidence is really rather annoying.

I hate hybrid healers. I think they are never done correctly and are either stupid overpowered or completely gimped. You don't see me shouting from the rooftops that Carbine must change Medics to focus on being just a healer in it's support spec.
  3. Katherine

I agree, the Medic is one to watch in regards of the balancing act. My money is on gimped, but I hope its overpowered! Ehm :>
  4. teh_ninjaneer

teh_ninjaneer Cupcake-About-Town

On the issue of targeted/cast-time heals, has anyone considered that having to remain stationary while casting your single-target heal in this heavily movement-based game probably means that those heals will be very strong?

Gonna take someone with nerves of steel to stand there, taking one for the team, to get that heal off.

As usual, just throwing comments around.
    Drasas likes this.
  5. Drasas

Drasas Well-Known Cupcake

It makes sense. Think old-school Holy Light. The price you pay for targeted heals is mobility in a game built around movement so I doubt that the heals would also be stupid expensive and heal for very little. As somebody that played a Cleric in EQ and a Holy Pally in WoW(until Blizzard turned them into AoE healers) it's right up my alley.
    teh_ninjaneer likes this.
  6. Katherine

Yeah, possibly. I know Espers have absorbs they can chuck out too (no idea if the other classes have those) and absorbs are really powerful if used right. There DPS is really 'bursty' apparently, so perhaps in healing they are good burst, single target healers? Like, as Drasas has said, the old-school paladin.
  7. Arkavien

Arkavien Cupcake

I agree completely, although I do not think that there is only one guilty party in this thread.

As far as targetted heals being "weaker" than freeform as confirmed by the devs, they also confirmed (as should be obvious to everyone) that they are EASIER to use. They are less efficient or heal for less, but they don't miss, ever. There absolutely ARE going to be situations or boss fights where there is so much movement/difficult to avoid telegraphs that even the "OMG I am the best Freeform Healer ever I never miss because I am so great!" healers are going to think "gee, I really wish I had a targetted heal right now"

As much as we all would like to think we are the greatest players of all time, we make mistakes, and sometimes miss shots. Having the OPTION to target heal is not a bad thing...especially since it is just a focus on one of three healers. If you absolutely hate the idea of any targetted heals, you have other options.

Seems to me it would be similar to me coming here complaining that the warrior uses a sword. "This is a sci-fi game, the tank should use guns and wear heavy tech armor! I don't care that there is another tank that fits that exact description!"
    Bnol, Katherine and teh_ninjaneer like this.
  8. Haversham

Haversham Cupcake-About-Town

Just popping in and not quite sure what has and hasn't been said as of now, but I feel like I remember them saying during one of the twitch casts that although each healing will have different strengths, they will still all have access to a AOE heal, a targeted one, a skillshot one, etc. A non-focus heal that is outside the general healing mechanic of the class will probably be less efficient overall (smaller, more expensive, less potent), but still something to fall back on in situations like you describe. I know if I end up healing on a medic I'm going to be relying quite a bit on the healing probe's ability to spot heal the tank when necessary in addition to the placed AOE's.
  9. Etan

Etan Cupcake

I believe they said the esper has more targetable heals vs other classes because it meshed better with a stalker tank which is constantly moving. Which depending on how hard those heals hit might keep espers in line with the other healers. Atm i feel medics seem to be the best due to everything is castable on the move, med armor, tons of AOE heals, dmg while healing. Espers have hard hitting long cast heals, targetable heals, and laterns!. Spellslingers have high mobility with mostly hard hitting heals seemed less AOE to me but i could have missed some things. The goal devs have is allow you to play any healer for any healing role in casual play. However raiding is raiding. Healers are just going to be better at different things. Medics will be amazing for trash pulls and great for AOE healing melee, Espers will be good at healing people dodging telegraphs while dmg is going out still. And Spellslingers will be great at shooting that straight line full of HP.
  10. Haversham

Haversham Cupcake-About-Town

Yeah, Esper is targetable and high single target, Spellslinger is skill shot long range, and medic is close range and AOE. Just didn't feel like going into it all in my post :)
  11. Doc Scudz

Doc Scudz New Cupcake

Me personally? I will be a medic. Medium armor? Damage and healing? Plus the class name medic?! This class looks great, Tough, get in your face type class with some kick ass abilities to knock their enemies out, and keep themselves up, plus 2 BIG Resonators? Not to mention we get to lay down support aoe fields for damage and healing, while casting probes everywhere, that blow up if we so wish it! i mean come on veteran raiders! wtf!!?!?! this is like no healing class every before, and I am pumped!
  12. Necro

Necro New Cupcake

im still torn on esper and medic, i like medic cause mobility and wub wub but the requirement of having to always be near tanks worries me, esper on the other hand i'm on the fence due to the lack of mobility.
  13. eharper256

eharper256 Cupcake-About-Town

Esper for me. As much as I like healing; I always feel like I want to contribute more than that; I always like to play the Healing Paladin type that can heal and buff and also throw other stuff out. So I'll be doing the buffs and debuffs at the same time. I get the impression that turning into the magical pixie rainbow goat will be my most loved heal for them, and not just for the comedy factor, but that mobility, assuming this description from Wildstar Nerds is vaguely accurate:
    Projected Spirit
    Darts the caster forward 25 meters, restoring [400% Support Power] to them and 3 of their allies along the way. Generates a Focus Point if used in combat.
  14. Alex F

Alex F Cupcake

The medic will be the best PVP healer in my opinion (based on what I've seen). The Esper and spellslinger seem squisly, the medic seems like he/she can take a punishing and that's important in PVP. I was thinking that the slinger mobility would be really OP in PVP especially for healing, but I just don't know how slinger healing works.

Anyway, if healing is not dumbass-friendly (like in WoW) then we are good.
    Leiloni likes this.
  15. Azy

Azy New Cupcake

I dunno..you seem to be coming off as the person you described at the end. While leiloni provided INFORMED opinions and logical arguments while remaining respectful, you kept childishly baiting him while he took the high road.

You should at least look up the abilities of the class you are about to argue about.

Stationary healers=easy kills. They can't heal while moving and have to stand still exposing them selves to damage. Having longer heals make the possibility of being focused and interrupted higher. I played a healer in DAOC, a priest and druid healers in wow, commando healer in swtor, a priest healer in AOC and an elementalist and guardian support builds in gw2. Shaman healer in warhammer. All in competitive small scale pvp. Long cast time and an immobile healer is not good.

Also, a dead healer is a bad healer. Does the medic have more survivability than both the other classes? Does the esper have access to superior cc to supplement his healing role? Doesn't the relative close proximity of the SS and med put them in danger of 'splash' damage from the relatively large I. Game telegraphs?

You won't be able to hide given the big health bar on top of your head if you are thinking of sitting in a corner and casting away while not moving. Nor would you be able to retreat effectively while healing from incoming zergs if you have to stop for the heals that count. Might as well drop your pants in preparation while you're at it.

If what leionil says holds true, it seems esper healers are meant for pvers or casual pvpers or raids and zerg fights rather than organized small scale PvP. I really think they introduced them to better fit that player base.

SS will be at a disadvantage in zergier fights as they would be easier to spot.

Also, if espers can cast from a 2nd floor, won't that put them at an advantage over SS? I'm not sure about the vertical reach in the game.
  16. Azy

Azy New Cupcake

In PvP though, does anyone seriously think a stalker tank will top a warrior one?
  17. Etan

Etan Cupcake

Depends on if you perfer mobility over survivablity. I think stalkers get more CC abilities as well which will increase their worth.
  18. CrissLFG

CrissLFG New Cupcake

I will be playing all 3. I wanna raid at endgame, as I've done in other games, and when I raid I always try to have as many characters in my role as possible, so if we raid and we have a medic and an esper, I can simply say 'oh okay, let me relog and I'll come on my spellslinger!' I like beingversitile and being able to bring what the raid needs. :)
  19. Katherine

I did hence the 6-7 instant heals remark... Not all the Espers abilities are stationary, which was what I was getting at. Which also means they aren't always going to be a walking target in PvP.
  20. Engelic

Engelic New Cupcake

í was rly splitter between esper or medic, BUT ive made my decision ;3

gonna go Medic once the game is live.